Jump to content

LA to Alaska Back On!


Recommended Posts

Pam we just checked with a TA web site & the July Crown Alaska cruise not listed just yet .It is also not listed on Princess home page . Is your info very recent & perhaps  neither Princess Home page nor TA's have the cruise information yet ?

Edited by mcrcruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

Pam we just checked with a TA web site & the July Crown Alaska cruise not listed just yet .It is also not listed on Princess home page . Is your info very recent & perhaps  neither Princess Home page nor TA's have the cruise information yet ?

 

These cruises are just uploaded on TA booking engine very recently, but not yet available for reservation.

 

As mentioned in post #51, reservations will likely to be open on 7th October (or 6th October for Elite members).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

These cruises are just uploaded on TA booking engine very recently, but not yet available for reservation.

 

As mentioned in post #51, reservations will likely to be open on 7th October (or 6th October for Elite members).

When does Princess load these sailings? What time on the 6th can you access the Princess site? Had our 12 day cancelled this year, July 2020, and would like to rebook for next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

These cruises are just uploaded on TA booking engine very recently, but not yet available for reservation.

 

As mentioned in post #51, reservations will likely to be open on 7th October (or 6th October for Elite members).

We were on the Sun Princess in July 2021.  The email we received from Princess was that the new sailings on an undisclosed ship was to be released on October 6 for elite members and on October 7 for the general public.  We have since learned but not confirmed by Princess that the undisclosed ship will be the Crown.  For those already paid for the Sun cruise, we can move all the funds over to the new sailing on 7/3 or 7/17 without any penalty.  No guarantee the price for the cruise will be the same however. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Pam in CA said:

Confirmed by Princess to TAs that it’s the Crow. 

Thanks for the information Pam. I am going to try and book 7/3. 

We were originally booked for the 14 day on the Golden this year so am excited that Princess will be doing the 14 day out of LA. We didn't book the Sun because I actually don't like those balcony cabins. The cabin itself is so tiny, smaller than any Princess ship. Was going to book something out of SF but now with the Crown being the ship, so glad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 11:27 AM, 1emerald1 said:

Yes, it's tricky to find but here it is:

 

https://www.portsamerica.com/operations/cruise-los-angeles-terminal-schedule

let me know if it works, sometimes when I copy links onto this board they don't work.

 

According to this, the Crown will leave from pier 92 and return to pier 93.  This might be a problem for those parking at the port.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Pam for posting this information.  I figured it would be the Crown and so happy it is.  

Also, so sad about Roz.  I was looking forward to sailing with her and Horton again.  On the Anniversary cruise, she dressed him up on formal nights and he had his picture taken by the photographer and it was displayed with all the rest.  RIP, Roz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CruzinNoony said:

According to this, the Crown will leave from pier 92 and return to pier 93.  This might be a problem for those parking at the port.

Why? It's the same parking lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

 

According to this, the Crown will leave from pier 92 and return to pier 93.  This might be a problem for those parking at the port.

Not at all, the ships dock perpendicular to the same lot.  And if you are leaving from pier 93, you will have dibs on closer parking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

Not at all, the ships dock perpendicular to the same lot.  And if you are leaving from pier 93, you will have dibs on closer parking.

True but if you need handicapped parking and park closest to 93, it’ll be a hike from pier 92. Yes, same parking lot but equidistant only if you park in the middle or back of the parking lot. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good. I was going to do that one this summer before they all got cancelled. And i was hoping to do next summer and saw that the Sun was sold. I like that it goes to a couple ports I haven't been to. ( Icy Strait and Sitka. ) I may try for next summer hoping that all is good in the universe. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess notified us by email that anyone with reservations on the Sun to AK in July 21 can rebook on the Crown for one of the two AK cruises next Wednesday.  However elite window will open on Tuesday and will include pax currently booked on the now defunct Sun cruise that month.  Any monies paid to sail on the Sun will be automatically transferred to the Crown AK cruise for those still wanting to sail.   It appears as though the reservation 6 character ID will remain the same with only the ship changed and the cost the same but some port fees increased.   Nice part is that all the ports will be US ports excluding the mandatory stop in BC.   

 

Side note when will the US Congress remove the antiquated mandatory visit to an international port when only cruising to US ports.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Princess notified us by email that anyone with reservations on the Sun to AK in July 21 can rebook on the Crown for one of the two AK cruises next Wednesday.   Nice part is that all the ports will be US ports excluding the mandatory stop in BC. 

 

 On both of these sailings there is a port stop in Prince Rupert, BC which is in Canada.  This replaces Victoria, BC to fulfill the foreign port requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

 On both of these sailings there is a port stop in Prince Rupert, BC which is in Canada.  This replaces Victoria, BC to fulfill the foreign port requirement.

 

Yes and from what I have read it rivals the stop in Ensenada, MX for being worthless maybe more so.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, satxdiver said:

 

Side note when will the US Congress remove the antiquated mandatory visit to an international port when only cruising to US ports.  

 

Never.

 

When it was passed, cruising as we know it did not exist.

 

It also applies to ferries and cruising on the Mississippi River which are the types of commerce it was aimed at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, satxdiver said:

 

Yes and from what I have read it rivals the stop in Ensenada, MX for being worthless maybe more so.  


It all depends on what you are looking for.  Prince Rupert offers hiking, jet boat tours, fishing tours, bear watching tours, seaplane tours, native history, pioneer history, etc.  If one is looking to just walk off the ship and wander around an overdeveloped tourist trap of a town like Ketchikan, Juneau or Victoria full of tacky tourist shops, then yeah, Prince Rupert ain’t it.  But for those willing to put in the effort to venture out of town for a glimpse of the real Canadian northwest it has plenty to offer. I’d put it on a comparable level with Icy Strait, Kodiak or Homer, but less touristy.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
Link to post
Share on other sites

We're just a little disappointed to not have Victoria.  That city is absolutely stunning.  We were looking forward to returning.  

 

We're not hikers, and with all of the other Alaskan ports, there is more than enough outdoor activities for us, once you get out of town past the tacky tourist shops. 

 

We were bored to tears in Icy Straight several years ago -- heavy rains and high winds didn't help  😉

 

That's what's great about cruising there is something for everyone.

 

We're looking forward to booking the 17th -- it will be great to have a nice balcony compared to the Sun  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 4:48 AM, Essiesmom said:

I'm betting Star.  She is' scheduled' for wine country cruises from LA until last May 2021.  EM

Not likely  be the Star is leaving the fleet earlier than originally planned in 2021. Golden leaves this fall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

We were bored to tears in Icy Straight several years ago -- heavy rains and high winds didn't help  😉

 

That's what's great about cruising there is something for everyone.

 

Agree with you on the something for everyone.  We had a fantastic day in Icy Strait last summer - did a wildlife cruise in the bay then went bear watching on the Spasski River.  We were lucky that the weather cooperated.  Back int he port we got to see some locals doing traditional tribal dances and walk along the costal trail for a bit before all aboard time.  It was truly delightful day in a less commercial port than the others and one I'd gladly revisit.

 

With Alaska so much of one's enjoyment can be affected by the weather and choice of activities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

With Alaska so much of one's enjoyment can be affected by the weather and choice of activities.

 

Our weather was so bad, most excursions were canceled, including the famous zipline.  The was late September, we knew we were taking a gamble.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CRUZBUDS said:

 

Our weather was so bad, most excursions were canceled, including the famous zipline.  The was late September, we knew we were taking a gamble.  

 

Yeah - September is ALWAYS dicey, so that's understandable

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...