RCL's Quantum Class Ships: Solo Balcony Cabins

farmersfight

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, the cruise line doesn't give you the exact same per person amount in a studio cabin as the per person amount in a regular cabin. I think this is because the cruise line still wants to get that little bit of extra revenue back that they are losing by not having that 2nd fare from a studio balcony booking.

In your original post, you said a studio balcony is 250% of a normal cabin. In RCL's web site screen shot you posted above, the price per person of a normal cabin is $691, so your total cost of the normal cabin as a solo is $1382 (100% solo supplement). The cost for 1 person in the studio balcony cabin is only $976 (you don't have to pay an additional 100% solo supplement since it is a studio cabin). Obviously, your cost of $976 to book the solo balcony cabin is less than your cost of $1382 to book the regular cabin with the solo supplement.

Even if you look strictly at the per person cost (disregarding the fact that you have to pay double for a normal cabin), $976 for 1 person is no where near 250% more than the per person cost of $691 for a regular cabin ($691+$691+$345=$1,727 <- this is 250% more than the $691 per person cost in a regular cabin). So, if it were as you said, 250% more pp for a studio cabin would be $1,727. The actual cost for a studio cabin is only 141% more for per person than the regular cabin and this is far less than the 200% more (100% solo supplement) you would have to pay to book a normal cabin as a solo. Again, that extra 41% per person for a studio cabin is what the cruise line is getting back for losing that 2nd person's 100% fare if it were a normal cabin.

My 250% comment (probably an exaggeration looking back at it), was made comparing the cruise fare of a booking for 2 people, looking at per person rates. The exact same selection criteria except booking for 2, decreases the cruise fare per person to $461 in a normal balcony cabin. That's vastly different comparing it to the studio ($976), which i think is almost a 100% increase. 

10 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

My 250% comment (probably an exaggeration looking back at it), was made comparing the cruise fare of a booking for 2 people, looking at per person rates. The exact same selection criteria except booking for 2, decreases the cruise fare per person to $461 in a normal balcony cabin. That's vastly different comparing it to the studio ($976), which i think is almost a 100% increase. 

You need to go through the whole booking to see what the actual discount is. That is the only way to truly know the difference because you are not including taxes, fees, discount on second person which is sometimes part of a solo cabin depending on how the discount works. Also, the studio balcony may be slightly bigger than a smaller/partially obstructed balcony.

4 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

The exact same selection criteria except booking for 2, decreases the cruise fare per person to $461 in a normal balcony cabin. That's vastly different comparing it to the studio ($976), which i think is almost a 100% increase. 

I don't see where you come up with this. When booking a normal balcony cabin for 2, the per person price is $691. How does this decrease to $461, as you said?

The price for 1 person in the solo cabin is $976 but that is all you have to pay (not counting taxes, fees & gratuities). Again, the per person price in a normal cabin is $691 but as a solo, you have to pay double (with the solo supplement), so your cost will be $1382 (as I said in my previous post). If you do a mock booking for that cabin on that cruise, as a solo (as @hallux & @bhsolo recommend), you should see that listed $691 pp price double to $1382 due to the 100% solo supplement (double the listed pp fare).

I don't know about you but as a solo, I would much rather pay $976 for a studio with balcony vice $1382 for a normal cabin with balcony.

Edited by farmersfight

3 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I don't know about you but as a solo, I would much rather pay $976 for a studio with balcony vice $1382 for a normal cabin with balcony.

That depends on the balcony cabin! I am very much looking forward to trying out the 2F Studio Balcony on Quantum next summer. These cabins are 120 square feet, 40% smaller than the standard balcony (200 sf). The 2Fs are only on the two lowest decks (6 and 7) that have balconies, and the ones on deck 6 are obstructed view because of the lifeboats. Not tragic but not ideal for location either. It's certainly nice to not pay that double fare, though, especially with balconies being in super high demand on Alaska trips. I had to book really early though - the twelve 2F cabins on my June 2021 sailing were sold out by  August 2020. Worth it? We shall see.

However, I am quite content to pay the full supplement when it's a corner aft cabin with a huge balcony for the same price as a regular balcony. Really, really looking forward to that... (Mariner OTS in January 2022) And at least RCL/Celebrity give you double points when you're paying double fare. NCL does not, boo!

Edited by coastcat

25 minutes ago, coastcat said:

NCL does not

Except I somehow have 20 points on NCL after only two cruises (one 6 night in a Studio, one 7 night in a regular balcony).  Maybe it was a double points offer, maybe it was a standard thing to get the 2x on the balcony, I don't recall.

5 minutes ago, hallux said:

Except I somehow have 20 points on NCL after only two cruises (one 6 night in a Studio, one 7 night in a regular balcony).  Maybe it was a double points offer, maybe it was a standard thing to get the 2x on the balcony, I don't recall.

Double points offer, most likely. I only received 5 points for my 5-day cruise in a mini-suite. In theory I will be getting double points on all three of my booked NCL cruises but only because I re-priced them during the current double points offer.

7 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I don't see where you come up with this. When booking a normal balcony cabin for 2, the per person price is $691. How does this decrease to $461, as you said?

The price for 1 person in the solo cabin is $976 but that is all you have to pay (not counting taxes, fees & gratuities). Again, the per person price in a normal cabin is $691 but as a solo, you have to pay double (with the solo supplement), so your cost will be $1382 (as I said in my previous post). If you do a mock booking for that cabin on that cruise, as a solo (as @hallux & @bhsolo recommend), you should see that listed $691 pp price double to $1382 due to the 100% solo supplement (double the listed pp fare).

What I mean is that when making a mock booking for 2 people, the fare per person in a balcony cabin is $461 (x2) compared to a mock booking for 1 person in a balcony cabin $691. Given that the cheapest cruise fare for 1 person is $461, the comparison to studio balcony is close to 100% ($976). Does that make sense?

Can you see that it doesn't double like you said it would?

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.29.58 AM.png

Edited by Ethanol95

14 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

What I mean is that when making a mock booking for 2 people, the fare per person in a balcony cabin is $461 (x2) compared to a mock booking for 1 person in a balcony cabin $691. Given that the cheapest cruise fare for 1 person is $461, the comparison to studio balcony is close to 100% ($976). Does that make sense?

Can you see that it doesn't double like you said it would?

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.29.58 AM.png

O.k., @Ethanol95, I think I'm with you now. I had thought that you hadn't gone through a complete mock booking for 1 person in the balcony cabin and that once you did, the $691 pp fare would double to $1382 because of the 100% solo supplement. Now I understand that you actually did do the complete mock booking for 1 person (in the balcony cabin) and it came out to $691 total.

Then, you did another mock booking with 2 persons in the balcony cabin and it came out to $461 pp. So you are looking at the $461 pp when 2 persons are booked in the balcony cabin. The total for the balcony cabin with 2 persons would be $461 + $461 = $922, which is close to $976 - the price for 1 in the studio balcony. The $922 is close to 100% of $976, as you said.

O.k., with this new understanding in my head (lol), bottom line is that you have a choice of paying $976 for the studio balcony cabin OR paying $691 for the regular balcony cabin. This would be $285 cheaper for roomier regular balcony cabin. Now seeing this, it is a no-brainer for me -> go with the regular balcony cabin for $691. A roomier balcony cabin for $285 less again, a no-brainer.

I believe you when you say that when you did the mock booking for 1 in the regular balcony cabin, it came out to only $691 total (for 1 person). It looks like RCL is deeply discounting this cruise by giving you $113 off the regular fare ($1497) plus an additional 50% off which = $691 total.

I saw another RCL cruise which was a 12 day Trans Atlantic that was also deeply discounted for 1 person in a balcony cabin similar to the cruise you mock booked. Q's: how long was the cruise you mock booked? I'm guessing for $691 it was a 6 or 7 day cruise? Also, was it a repositioning? Repositioning cruises are a lot of times much less than regular cruises, that's why I ask.

Anyway, I think we're on the same page now, lol. After all this, I hope I was still of some help.

20 hours ago, coastcat said:

That depends on the balcony cabin! I am very much looking forward to trying out the 2F Studio Balcony on Quantum next summer. These cabins are 120 square feet, 40% smaller than the standard balcony (200 sf). The 2Fs are only on the two lowest decks (6 and 7) that have balconies, and the ones on deck 6 are obstructed view because of the lifeboats. Not tragic but not ideal for location either. It's certainly nice to not pay that double fare, though, especially with balconies being in super high demand on Alaska trips. I had to book really early though - the twelve 2F cabins on my June 2021 sailing were sold out by  August 2020. Worth it? We shall see.

Hi @coastcat. Yeah, I figured the studio balconies would be of less sq ft than a regular balcony (as a solo, not a big deal, right? Especially if you don't have to pay that 100% solo supplement).

I knew that the Quantum-class ships had 12 studio balconies on 2 separate decks (6 and 7). I did not know though, that the ones on deck 6 are obstructed views because of the lifeboats. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a balcony right? When all you can see from your balcony is the side of a lifeboat (I'm sure you still get a partial view of the ocean).

Yeah, I can personally attest to the fact that these studio balconies are in high demand. I did a mock booking for a studio balcony cabin on the Anthem OTS on a 12 day southern caribbean cruise out of NJ. It was weird but RCL only had 2 of these cruises listed; 1 in Dec 2020 (probably won't sail because of covid) and the other 1 in Dec 2021. I mock booked both cruises and tried to select a studio balcony cabin on each cruise, but none were available. Yeah, you're right, to get one of these studio balcony cabins, you have to book really early.

I did another mock booking on I believe was the Quantum OTS's Trans Pacific repositioning cruise. It was probably the TP repositioning for the Alaska cruises which one of them is probably the one you are on. Anyway, during the mock booking, the studio balcony cabins were readily available. Guess the demand for them are less on the long TP repositioning cruises.

Thanks for your reply & have a great day/evening!

Edited by farmersfight

I knew that the Quantum-class ships had 12 studio balconies on 2 separate decks (6 and 7). I did not know though, that the ones on deck 6 are obstructed views because of the lifeboats. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a balcony right? When all you can see from your balcony is the side of a lifeboat (I'm sure you still get a partial view of the ocean).

The deck 6 cabins are not fully obstructed, thank goodness. The lifeboats are on 5 so you’ll see their tops and some machinery on 6. Based on the photos I’ve seen you’ll still get a good view - but not a completely clear one. Deck 7 cabins are better and luckily that’s what I got. 

Yes, I’ve priced out some longer cruises and it’s easier to find 2F cabin availability on those. So tempting...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 4:19 PM, coastcat said:

The deck 6 cabins are not fully obstructed, thank goodness. The lifeboats are on 5 so you’ll see their tops and some machinery on 6. Based on the photos I’ve seen you’ll still get a good view - but not a completely clear one. Deck 7 cabins are better and luckily that’s what I got. 

Yes, I’ve priced out some longer cruises and it’s easier to find 2F cabin availability on those. So tempting...

Hi @coastcat. I went back to this thread because I wanted to post something else about the Quantum-class ships. When I did, I saw these posts regarding the studio balcony cabins on Deck 6 vs Deck 7. I'm glad the "obstructed view" is not really that obstructed in the Deck 6 studio balconies (only "obstructed view" is if you look straight down where you'll see the tops of the lifeboats on Deck 5). I say this because I realized that both my booked studio balcony cabins are on Deck 6 (Anthem OTS & Odyssey OTS). Ironically, I also just watched a YouTube video reviewing a studio balcony cabin on Deck 6 on the Ovation OTS. The video clearly shows that there is no obstructed view when you look outward, only straight down. So, bottom line, I'm not worried (whew!). On a totally separate note wrt the Ovation OTS & Quantum OTS, you said in a post in the other thread that both ships will return to Australia after their summer Alaska seasons. An Australian cruise is on my "bucket list", so what better way than booking another studio balcony cabin on the Ovation OTS or Quantum OTS on an Australian cruise? Hmmm..let the planning begin (not just yet though, lol).

@debenson0723, @HowardK - I just wanted to share something with you also wrt to the Quantum-class ships. It didn't dawn on me but these ships not only have 12 studio balcony cabins but 16 other studio inside cabins for a total of 28 studio cabins on each of these ships. That rivals NCL for "solo friendliness". What's neat about the studio inside cabins is that they have floor-to-ceiling "virtual balconies" (screens which display a live video feed looking out from the side of the ship - what you'd see from your room if you were looking out an actual balcony). Now if I had to take an inside, I would definitely consider one of these with the virtual balconies. For us solos, another + for RCL and specifically the Quantum-class ships.

Edited by farmersfight

27 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Hi @coastcat. I went back to this thread because I wanted to post something else about the Quantum-class ships. When I did, I saw these posts regarding the studio balcony cabins on Deck 6 vs Deck 7. I'm glad the "obstructed view" is not really that obstructed in the Deck 6 studio balconies (only "obstructed view" is if you look straight down where you'll see the tops of the lifeboats on Deck 5). I say this because I realized that both my booked studio balcony cabins are on Deck 6 (Anthem OTS & Odyssey OTS). Ironically, I also just watched a YouTube video reviewing a studio balcony cabin on Deck 6 on the Ovation OTS. The video clearly shows that there is no obstructed view when you look outward, only straight down. So, bottom line, I'm not worried (whew!). On a totally separate note wrt the Ovation OTS & Quantum OTS, you said in a post in the other thread that both ships will return to Australia after their summer Alaska seasons. An Australian cruise is on my "bucket list", so what better way than booking another studio balcony cabin on the Ovation OTS or Quantum OTS on an Australian cruise? Hmmm..let the planning begin (not just yet though, lol).

@debenson0723, @HowardK - I just wanted to share something with you also wrt to the Quantum-class ships. It didn't dawn on me but these ships not only have 12 studio balcony cabins but 16 other studio inside cabins for a total of 28 studio cabins on each of these ships. That rivals NCL for "solo friendliness". What's neat about the studio inside cabins is that they have floor-to-ceiling "virtual balconies" (screens which display a live video feed looking out from the side of the ship - what you'd see from your room if you were looking out an actual balcony). Now if I had to take an inside, I would definitely consider one of these with the virtual balconies. For us solos, another + for RCL and specifically the Quantum-class ships.

@coastcat, @debenson0723, @HowardKAs they say, "a picture (especially a video) is worth a thousand words", so check out one of Anthem OTS's studio inside cabins with virtual balcony;

I learned something else about these virtual balconies; not only do they have the video feed but also an audio feed! Guess you'll not only be able to see the ocean going by as the ship is underway but you'll be able to hear it as well!

I mentioned in one of my previous posts about me giving "the blue ribbon" and "tip of the hat" to RCL for their ship design features & ideas; here is yet another example. I think more and more, I'm becoming an RCL fan (even as a solo).

I just wanted to share something with you also wrt to the Quantum-class ships. It didn't dawn on me but these ships not only have 12 studio balcony cabins but 16 other studio inside cabins for a total of 28 studio cabins on each of these ships. That rivals NCL for "solo friendliness". What's neat about the studio inside cabins is that they have floor-to-ceiling "virtual balconies" (screens which display a live video feed looking out from the side of the ship - what you'd see from your room if you were looking out an actual balcony).

I've mentioned these before, I guess you missed it.  The new Odyssey, if the deck plans are to be believed, does not have these inside rooms.

The virtual balcony isn't exactly floor to ceiling.  It's more like bed to ceiling.  It's a wide-screen display turned vertical.

IMG_20180401_072038.jpg

2 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I just wanted to share something with you also wrt to the Quantum-class ships. It didn't dawn on me but these ships not only have 12 studio balcony cabins but 16 other studio inside cabins for a total of 28 studio cabins on each of these ships. That rivals NCL for "solo friendliness".

@farmersfightWell, I don't know if 28 studio cabins makes it solo friendly, compared to the 82 studio cabins (plus don't forget the lounge) on Bliss and Encore.  That's almost 3 times as more.  But what I am still waiting to find out is if RCL deeply discounts their other cabins close to sailing, and/or offers any perks (beverage package, specialty dining, wi-fi).  I would love to try one of these RCL mega ships but it will be hard to lure me away from NCL with my status. ☺️

• Like 1

Just popping to add that, IMO, it's not just the cabins that make NCL so solo friendly.  IMO, it's the whole experience.  The fact that they do, when feasible, off reduced solo supps. and the extras offered like the host. I've had some really great solo hosts who make us, feel really special.  They make dinner reservations, invite us to special events in the evening and so much more.  

The whole solo experience on NCL is why I'll likely not stray from cruising on NCL... that and my status, as well.  

Cheers 🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Just popping to add that, IMO, it's not just the cabins that make NCL so solo friendly.  IMO, it's the whole experience.  The fact that they do, when feasible, off reduced solo supps. and the extras offered like the host. I've had some really great solo hosts who make us, feel really special.  They make dinner reservations, invite us to special events in the evening and so much more.  

The whole solo experience on NCL is why I'll likely not stray from cruising on NCL... that and my status, as well.  

Cheers 🥂

This is an excellent point! There are other cruise lines that offer [a very small number of] single occupancy cabins on [a very small number of] their ships. What makes NCL the standout is that solo cruisers are welcome on all ships in all categories, and all sailings include a daily solo gathering hosted by a staff member. At least in my experience, you're not treated like an outcast or outlier if you request a table for one at a regular or specialty restaurant. I've yet to hear the dreaded "... oh, just one?"

It'll be interesting to compare my NCL experience to my first RCL one. It might not be a fair comparison as I'll technically be there as part of a group, but won't necessarily be spending much (or even any) time with the others in the group. Based on the dailies posted on CC, it looks like RCL doesn't hold regular solo gatherings.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hallux said:

I've mentioned these before, I guess you missed it.  The new Odyssey, if the deck plans are to be believed, does not have these inside rooms.

The virtual balcony isn't exactly floor to ceiling.  It's more like bed to ceiling.  It's a wide-screen display turned vertical.

IMG_20180401_072038.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, I probably did read what you said previously about those studio inside staterooms, but I forgot (I'll blame it on aging, lol). Interesting if true that RCL omitted these studio inside rooms on the new Odyssey OTS. It would seem to indicate that RCL is moving away from the solo cruiser market. Oh well, at least Odyssey OTS will still have the studio balcony staterooms (which is what I am most interested in) and the rest of the Quantum-class ships will have both the studio balcony and studio inside staterooms.

After I posted that the virtual balcony is floor to ceiling, I did see where they are just bed to ceiling. My bad. Thanks for posting the picture of it. A pretty cool feature for the studio inside staterooms, imo. I guess NCL also has virtual "windows" (not sure if NCL calls them virtual balconies) in their studio staterooms on the newer, larger ships (i.e. Breakaway, Breakaway + class)? If you can't have a balcony, a virtual window or virtual balcony would be better than staring at 4 walls...

Edited by farmersfight

10 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

@farmersfightWell, I don't know if 28 studio cabins makes it solo friendly, compared to the 82 studio cabins (plus don't forget the lounge) on Bliss and Encore.  That's almost 3 times as more.  But what I am still waiting to find out is if RCL deeply discounts their other cabins close to sailing, and/or offers any perks (beverage package, specialty dining, wi-fi).  I would love to try one of these RCL mega ships but it will be hard to lure me away from NCL with my status. ☺️

Yeah, 82 studio cabins definitely beats 28 studio cabins, hands down. I was just surprised that RCL's Quantum-class ships also had those studio inside cabins (with virtual balconies) in addition to the studio balcony cabins. But as @halluxpoints out, it looks like RCL has omitted the studio inside cabins on their new Odyssey OTS. If true, I'm not sure why. Hopefully, I'll be on Odyssey OTS in Feb 2022, so I can see for myself.

6 hours ago, coastcat said:

It'll be interesting to compare my NCL experience to my first RCL one. It might not be a fair comparison as I'll technically be there as part of a group, but won't necessarily be spending much (or even any) time with the others in the group. Based on the dailies posted on CC, it looks like RCL doesn't hold regular solo gatherings.

My ability to compare the two is identical to yours.  My 2018 trip on RCI's Anthem was with a group of family members, so while I was in a room by myself I wasn't a true solo.  If I recall - they have a gathering one night, then leave it up to the group to organize among themselves if they want to do meals together on subsequent nights.  I never went to that first night gathering so I'm not clear on the exact details.

@farmersfight here's a pic of the "window" in the Studio cabins on the NCL Bliss.

IMG_20190428_142904.jpg

Edited by hallux
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, hallux said:

My ability to compare the two is identical to yours.  My 2018 trip on RCI's Anthem was with a group of family members, so while I was in a room by myself I wasn't a true solo.  If I recall - they have a gathering one night, then leave it up to the group to organize among themselves if they want to do meals together on subsequent nights.  I never went to that first night gathering so I'm not clear on the exact details.

@farmersfight here's a pic of the "window" in the Studio cabins on the NCL Bliss.

IMG_20190428_142904.jpg

Thanks! I'll take NCL's virtual window and raise you an RCL virtual balcony. In all seriousness, I give both cruise lines props for utilizing this virtual technology to make the environment within a small studio interior cabin a little less "claustrophobic".

11 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

But what I am still waiting to find out is if RCL deeply discounts their other cabins close to sailing

Yeah, me 2. I have read here on CC that NCL does discount their cabins close to sailing (may be a different story post-covid cruising). That would work great for me because I'd rather go for last-minute deals (or solo supplement discounts) so I don't have to wait so long for the actual cruise because I'm too excited (says somebody who has 3 cruises booked way in advance; 1 in Dec 2021 & the other 2 in early 2022).

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Drat. Okay @farmersfight, it might be up to you to report back on the Studio Balcony. No Quantum in Alaska this year! I’ve asked my TA to Lift & Shift my booking to June 2022. This means that my first RCI cruise will instead be Mariner OTS in January 2022.

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the entire Alaska cruise season cancelled this year? I'll be happy to report back on my studio balcony cabins on the Anthem OTS (Jan 2022) & Odyssey OTS (Feb/Mar 2022). The Anthem OTS cruise is a longer (11-day) one, so I'll have plenty of time to experience the studio balcony cabin.

What is your itinerary for your Mariner OTS cruise in Jan 2022?

5 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the entire Alaska cruise season cancelled this year? I'll be happy to report back on my studio balcony cabins on the Anthem OTS (Jan 2022) & Odyssey OTS (Feb/Mar 2022). The Anthem OTS cruise is a longer (11-day) one, so I'll have plenty of time to experience the studio balcony cabin.

What is your itinerary for your Mariner OTS cruise in Jan 2022?

RCI decided to keep Quantum in Asia since it's proving so successful. They have cancelled all currently scheduled Quantum sailings between mid-April and mid-October - that's the Alaska season plus repositioning cruises. Ovation, Radiance, and Serenade are still on the schedule for Alaska at this time (we shall see...).

They are, thank goodness, offering Lift & Shift for Quantum passengers. My TA changed his group cruise to June 13, 2022 so I accepted that date. Royal is offering Cruise Planner refunds as 100% cash or 125% credited back as OBC. 

My Mariner sailing is a 5-day out of Port Canaveral, heading to Cozumel and CocoCay. We're talking pure beach-day fun - Nachi Cocum for Cozumel and Coco Beach Club for CocoCay. No Studio balconies on this ship class, of course, but I have a regular aft balcony! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, coastcat said:

RCI decided to keep Quantum in Asia since it's proving so successful. They have cancelled all currently scheduled Quantum sailings between mid-April and mid-October - that's the Alaska season plus repositioning cruises. Ovation, Radiance, and Serenade are still on the schedule for Alaska at this time (we shall see...).

They are, thank goodness, offering Lift & Shift for Quantum passengers. My TA changed his group cruise to June 13, 2022 so I accepted that date. Royal is offering Cruise Planner refunds as 100% cash or 125% credited back as OBC. 

My Mariner sailing is a 5-day out of Port Canaveral, heading to Cozumel and CocoCay. We're talking pure beach-day fun - Nachi Cocum for Cozumel and Coco Beach Club for CocoCay. No Studio balconies on this ship class, of course, but I have a regular aft balcony! 

Thanks. Interesting fact about RCL keeping Quantum over in Asia because of her success (good for her, RCL & the cruise industry as a whole). Fingers crossed 🤞 that there is at least a partial Alaska season this year.

I have a cruise "on my radar" (not open for booking yet) on Odyssey OTS (in one of those coveted studio balcony cabin of course) that calls at Coco Cay and Labadee. I'm interested in this particular cruise in order to experience RCL's private island & property (never been to either). Have you previously been to Coco Cay or even Labadee?