Governor Just Opened Florida

16 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Good to hear. Those that are high risk can still isolate and take precautions and everyone else can get back to some form of normalcy.

That may be true for bars and restaurants since it is easy for those of us in high risk groups to avoid them.  However, lifting all restrictions for mask wearing is very dangerous to us since although we can self isolate for many things, sometimes we do need to go out.  I am thinking about being around the general public for doctors visits as well as grocery stores.  We do Walmart pickup for most items but sometimes one needs another source.  We did not choose to be old.  It just happened.

Edited by mustgo
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

That may be true for bars and restaurants since it is easy for those of us in high risk groups to avoid them.  However, lifting all restrictions for mask wearing is very dangerous to us since although we can self isolate for many things, sometimes we do need to go out.  I am thinking about being around the general public for doctors visits as well as grocery stores.  We do Walmart pickup for most items but sometimes one needs another source.  We did not choose to be old.  It just happened.

There is obviously going to be an inconvenience for some, but the whole country can’t stay shut down until Covid is no longer an issue.
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Will be interesting to see how long the Theme Parks take to go back to 100% capacity

They can go to 100 percent right now with no mask or social distancing requirements. It is now illegal to enforce it.

Mask wearing and social distancing will not be required at the cruise terminals in Florida. Once you pass the security checkpoint then you will have to follow the cruise line rules.

Edited by HaveWeMetYet

16 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I guess you haven't heard of the "long term effects" of those that were otherwise healthy and under 50. Long term lung and heart damage, need for O2, glaucoma, shortness of breath. But sure you're not dead. Cheers!

Aren't those long term affects still unknown and exasperated primarily by those who were intubated

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mustgo said:

The Governor never issued a mask mandate. He left it to local authorities. 

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Aren't those long term affects still unknown and exasperated primarily by those who were intubated

Long term affects not isolated to those intubated . We have new guidelines for children over 12 who have had Covid -19 and fever greater than 5 days that they need a cardiac exam prior to returning to competitive sports. So it is not just the old!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The sad thing about this is that Florida will remain on the mandatory 14-day self quarantine list. So, many people will not be able to cruise from FL, even if cruising resumes because they cannot afford three weeks out of work. I have a cruise out of Miami scheduled for November and even if it is not cancelled, I will not be able to go... I cannot spend two weeks at home after my vacation. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Basketball wife said:

Perhaps... from one Florida port to another. I can’t see any international port allowing cruise ships from Florida given the number of cases there.

what chances do you see for this nov 8, 2020 cruise in the harmony actually happening

port canaveral

cococay

st thomas

St kitts

back to canaveral.

according to Royal it’s still on, logic and common sense say it can’t. 

Edited by kuhne

The cruiser in me is delighted, but as a Floridian, I am dismayed.  This seemed to happen very suddenly and I fear it is related to pressure from the theme parks and the cruise industry.  The timing of just a few days before the CDC no-sail order will expire or be extended may or may not be a coincidence.  As far as cruising, I see this as the step just before short cruises to private islands for those who live within driving distance from Miami or Port Canaveral.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kuhne said:

what chances do you see for this nov 8, 2020 cruise in the harmony actually happening

port canaveral

cococay

st thomas

St kitts

back to canaveral.

according to Royal it’s still on, logic and common sense say it can’t. 

I am booked on that cruise.  The most I think will happen is that it will be shortened to three or four nights, sailing only to Coco Cay.  As a retired Floridian living close to the port, I would definitely be on the ship.