Governor Just Opened Florida

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I believe they estimated that only 30% of the economy shut down. 70% chugged right along which is most likely why we have over 40K new infections daily.

Wisconsin covid chart looks like a SpaceX launch right now.

Bad analogy.

SpaceX always comes back down. 😉

20200624_151134.thumb.jpg.226a45a9ab5285186e1e1b3294317fea.jpg

Always

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice interactive map. You can select Per Capita to see how your state and county rank.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Looks like counties in the Southeast have the highest rate per capita.

Bacon County, GA 1 in 16

Jackson County, FL 1 in 17

Union County, FL 1 in 16

Gadsden County, FL 1 in 16

7 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Nice interactive map. You can select Per Capita to see how your state and county rank.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Looks like counties in the Southeast have the highest rate per capita.

Bacon County, GA 1 in 16

Union County, FL 1 in 16

Subscription only, you must be well informed and willing to pay

You can find similar breakdowns in worldometers for free

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kuhne said:

My fear is that they would suddenly implement quarantine in Florida for tourists who are arriving. 

That won't happen if they are opening for the purpose of tourism. They make you quarantine to keep you from coming in to the state. 

5 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Union County, FL 1 in 16

I can’t see the NYT link. This is odd, these are very rural low population counties. Low income too. 20-30% under poverty level. 

Jackson pop 49k avg income 39k

Union pop 15k avg income 20k

Gadsden pop 45k avg income 30K

Not sure this is a true reflection of Florida. This just like all the ICU beds are full. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I can’t see the NYT link. This is odd, these are very rural low population counties. Low income too. 20-30% under poverty level. 

Jackson pop 49k avg income 39k

Union pop 15k avg income 20k

Gadsden pop 45k avg income 30K

Not sure this is a true reflection of Florida. This just like all the ICU beds are full. 

M8

Union County is the 4th poorest in entire country.

These places are all basically southern Alabama

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BND said:

We cancelled that and the Nov 1 before final payment.  Not likely to go as planned, if at all.

I didn't even know Bahamas wasn't open for business, that just seals it I think. They really should just announce it now that no cruises will sail in 2020. I know they are trying to get people to cancel themselves so that way there's no actual money refund and just future cruise credit. But still, there's no way this is happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kuhne said:

I didn't even know Bahamas wasn't open for business, that just seals it I think. They really should just announce it now that no cruises will sail in 2020. I know they are trying to get people to cancel themselves so that way there's no actual money refund and just future cruise credit. But still, there's no way this is happening.

You could go to Cozumel or Cancun. 

They're operating 

Just now, John&LaLa said:

You could go to Cozumel or Cancun. 

They're operating 

That would actually be way better but I doubt that's happening with this cruise in nov 8. I'll just keep glued to the website to see when it changes to try and get my refund as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, kuhne said:

That would actually be way better but I doubt that's happening with this cruise in nov 8. I'll just keep glued to the website to see when it changes to try and get my refund as quickly as possible.

I meant you could look into a land vacation😉

4 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

And people wonder why some countries have been hit harder by Covid?

The first thought isn't "how can I make things safer", it's "how can I get around the rules for my own benefit".

It will be the same on a cruise ship just like it has been with other things in the past. The rules don't apply to me. Do you really think people from Florida or any other state who has opened completely with no restrictions is going to spend their vacation on a cruise ship social distancing or wearing masks? I'm not referring to those on CC but the general public who have been fighting against safety protocol all along.

• Like 6

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I meant you could look into a land vacation😉

yea! I already booked some days in the dolphin and bought disney tickets, my only worry was if I wasn't going to get the refund from the cruise, because I want to pay for the rental car and airbnb with the money from the cruise (eventually, when the refund kicks in) but it would suck for me if I plan everything for a land vacation and royal caribbean goes ahead with the cruise. Then I would have to cancel it for future cruise credit.

Details matter. 

200,000 deaths... over 50% are 70+ yrs of age or older and are from nursing homes

Age 0-69 have 99. 97% survival rate

Age 0-20 have 99.997% survival rate

Kids are not dying.... teens are not dying.... college kids are not dying.... 20yr olds are not dying....30 yr olds are not dying....40, 50, and even 60 yr olds are not dying....

Yes, someone will no doubt post someone, somewhere about someone within the ages listed above that died of covid. Well that sucks, but people die every day in these age groups for many, many reasons. But the chances are amazingly great that you will not die of covid. In fact they're huge. 

So be responsible, stop the fear mongering. Instead of complaining about a state opening or the number is spiking up or going down... tell us what's in the numbers. Who's getting infected? Who's dying? What are their ages? If you don't know them, stop discussing them. Do better. Do your homework  So if you're not posting real numbers, you're posting fear mongering materials.

Do better.  

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1