Repeat or New

lenquixote66

It depends, Lenny... in winter, my husband who was raised in Africa, so loves the heat and swimming in warm water, wants to go to either the Caribbean or the Red Sea (where he learnt to dive).

I'm ginger, hate heat and am not keen on sea swimming, so I enjoy the long cruise out from the UK and back again... 

We were going to cruise back in the Red Sea, but the UK had problems with one of the nations there, and as our ship had a massive Union Jack painted across her nose...  😮...  that cruise didn't happen.

We do look for different itineraries for summer and autumn, although we're happy to visit old favourites such as Lisbon or Malta on the way there.

Would say like to go to new places.....

But going back and doing the same cruise again is good, particularly if there is plenty to see and do at port... we have done one 13 night cruise 6 times,  often some different ports but the ports we have see many time are good, you get to explore more.....

also revisiting a port gives you a bit familiarity about the place which is nice...

Cheers Don 

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Our first cruise was to Bermuda.We loved it so much that we went back 8 times.Big mistake .We should have cruised to Europe.Second cruise was to the Caribbean.We loved it so much that we went back 15 times.Big mistake .We should have expanded our cruise travel.

Wow. And indeed. 

And I'll go against the group and say give us something new every time. But we're avowed port/destination people and also stay in the port pre and post.

2 minutes ago, clo said:

Wow. And indeed. 

And I'll go against the group and say give us something new every time. But we're avowed port/destination people and also stay in the port pre and post.

That is what I was asking,.I do not understand the one word responses by some people.

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I do not understand the one word responses by some people.

The one word response means both.  Yes to returning to previous ports, and yes to new ports.  Most of us enjoy doing both, not one or the other.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is what I was asking,.I do not understand the one word responses by some people.

That whole thing about "yes" as an answer to an either/or question is an inside joke in our household. Both of us say that when both points of the question are equally valid. So, my answer here is yes. I prefer new places and places I've previously enjoyed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

4 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Yes   😉

Sorry.  I'll give a multi-word response.

When selecting a cruise, the fact that we have no preference for either visiting new ports or revisiting ones that we have been to in the past.  Like many of the other posters, to us the appeal of cruising is being at sea. 

Historically, it seems that we have cruised the same or similar itineraries multiple times.  So, I guess we have shown a tendency towards revisiting ports, but, again, that does not show a preference.

1. Is the timing such that I can go, I still work a bit.  
2.  Is it more than 10 days.  I find I like the fellow cruisers on longer voyagers, fewer families, less of a party barge atmosphere. I prefer cruises that are at least 30 days.  
3.  Since I travel with my husband who dislikes long flights can I depart from North America.  When traveling with my sister it must be a new destination and she prefers urban environments like European cities. 

27 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

That whole thing about "yes" as an answer to an either/or question is an inside joke in our household. Both of us say that when both points of the question are equally valid. So, my answer here is yes. I prefer new places and places I've previously enjoyed. 

I understand ,however,I am not in your household therefore I did not understand.😀