Guess the ship...

Despegue

3 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks.

Were the stairs removed because of accidents or?

Tripping/falling accidents due to the "see through" steps was a factor in the removal of the steps. I have taken/written more than one accident rpt as a result

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Thanks.

Were the stairs removed because of accidents or?

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Tripping/falling accidents due to the "see through" steps was a factor in the removal of the steps. I have taken/written more than one accident rpt as a result

I personally think the removal of the stairs from the Vista/Signature class ships has been a plus - it opens up the atrium and as the central stairs are so close does not measurably change the traffic flow.  Often they were closed either for photos or due to trip hazards, so really were not much benefit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I knew it was the Neptune Lounge on either an S or R class ship. It took a few minutes detective work to discover that it was the Statendam!

Yes Sir, Winner once again! 🙂 That is in fact the Neptune Lounge of the lead ship of the world famous "S"-class, Statendam 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

I think it is the Rotterdam.

1 hour ago, tjcox9 said:

Gotta be as you can see the warriors in the background!

Winner! 🙂 This is the Explorers Lounge of Rotterdam VI with the really nice mural of Dutch nautical history and yes, the Terra Cotta Warriors near the future cruise consultants desk are the big clue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Winner! 🙂 This is the Explorers Lounge of Rotterdam VI with the really nice mural of Dutch nautical history and yes, the Terra Cotta Warriors near the future cruise consultants desk are the big clue

Did all the art work remain on the Rotterdam when it was sold? 

My Tampa Bay Rays are going heads up with the Los Angeles Dodgers starting Tuesday.  Picture the Prinsendam vs QM2!!!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

My Tampa Bay Rays are going heads up with the Los Angeles Dodgers starting Tuesday.  Picture the Prinsendam vs QM2!!!

I don't know the particulars on the recent sale of the two "S" and two "R"-class ships by HAL, but what I can tell you is that art particular to HAL (or the country of the Netherlands) is usually not part of the deal and is taken down, removed from the ship and stored in a warehouse and, at times, used in future ships. It all depends if the new owners (SeaJets and Fred Olsen) wanted it as part of the sale and if it fits their decor. If they didn't and/or it doesn't, it is removed and stored, or possibly sold by itself

Go Dodgers! 😉 

Los Angeles Dodgers Cutout 12in | Party City

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

I don't know the particulars on the recent sale of the two "S" and two "R"-class ships by HAL, but what I can tell you is that art particular to HAL (or the country of the Netherlands) is usually not part of the deal and is taken down, removed from the ship and stored in a warehouse and, at times, used in future ships. It all depends if the new owners (SeaJets and Fred Olsen) wanted it as part of the sale and if it fits their decor. If they didn't and/or it doesn't, it is removed and stored, or possibly sold by itself

Go Dodgers! 😉 

Los Angeles Dodgers Cutout 12in | Party City

I thought she was sold with everything on it.

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Yes, 20 million vs 200 million..

5 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Do you have a source for that?

I do but cannot disclose it.  They were basically sold "as is".  Shame as there is so much on those ships that really should remain with HAL.  They did manage to get the 3 Seasons artwork off the Amsterdam.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruzingnut said:

I do but cannot disclose it.  They were basically sold "as is".  Shame as there is so much on those ships that really should remain with HAL.  They did manage to get the 3 Seasons artwork off the Amsterdam.

Heree is where CC needs to add a sad emoji to their very limited options!