Guess the ship...

Despegue

4 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

I do but cannot disclose it.  They were basically sold "as is".  Shame as there is so much on those ships that really should remain with HAL.  They did manage to get the 3 Seasons artwork off the Amsterdam.

Yes, I remember that..

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Which ship and where?

6F84F50B-5C60-4157-BB35-CB2D63FF3F9E.jpeg

Where is the ladies room on Upper Promenade, outside the dining room area. That's easy. More precisely, it's the dressing area; the lavatories and sinks are on the other side. 
Which ship is a little harder for me, but I know it could be the Amsterdam. 

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

Where is the ladies room on Upper Promenade, outside the dining room area. That's easy. More precisely, it's the dressing area; the lavatories and sinks are on the other side. 
Which ship is a little harder for me, but I know it could be the Amsterdam. 

You got the “where” exactly right!   The which ship, well.... close - it’s the Rotterdam VI. I believe the Amsterdam did not have the dressing tables in front of the windows, but instead had sofas, though having never been in either Ladies Lounge I can’t say firsthand 😆

49 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

You got the “where” exactly right!   The which ship, well.... close - it’s the Rotterdam VI. I believe the Amsterdam did not have the dressing tables in front of the windows, but instead had sofas, though having never been in either Ladies Lounge I can’t say firsthand 😆

I was just about to ask you, how'd you get in there? 😜

9 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I believe the Amsterdam did not have the dressing tables in front of the windows, but instead had sofas, though having never been in either Ladies Lounge I can’t say firsthand 😆

You wouldn't have been the first man to be in there. 
I entered one with couches one day to find a man sitting in the quiet, reading a book! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You wouldn't have been the first man to be in there. 
I entered one with couches one day to find a man sitting in the quiet, reading a book! 

I have walked miles on HAL ships looking for a quiet place to read, never thought of checking the ladies' room. Comfy couches? Good lighting? No canned music?

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Hiding from his wife?  She'd never think to look for him there...  EM

Unless she went in to use it. Then there would have been no place for him to hide. 

Late one night, kids who should have been in bed (or at the very least with their parents), were running around Upper Promenade playing hide & seek. 
A little later I entered that ladies room to find the boy hiding in there from the girl. She never would have found him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, whogo said:

If a dress as a woman to use the ladies' room as a quiet place to read, would I have to dress as a woman throughout the cruise?

Don't worry about it---the Rotterdam is gone. I don't remember if the Volendam or Zaandam had a couch there or not, but I do know couches were only found on the R-class ships, in that one ladies room. 
Too late for you now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnnyswitzerland said:

From CC insider e-newsletter…  @Despegue somebody stole your idea!

2103507521_ScreenShot2020-10-21at7_56_36PM.thumb.png.3cd246fce7a11ae88d19d3018e8ede66.png

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Doesn't look like a Hal ship.

That’s because it’s NOT a HAL ship - it’s a space called “The Entertainment Court” on the Celebrity Equinox, which acts as a secondary atrium and multi-use space. 

@Sir PMP I think the point @johnnyswitzerland was making is that someone at Cruisecritic has “stolen” @Despegue’s idea and made it a feature on a CruiseCritic email and branched out beyond the confines of HAL.  Despite what some on this board think, there is a world beyond that of HAL, and some really lovely vessels to explore the world on 🚢🚢

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That’s because it’s NOT a HAL ship - it’s a space called “The Entertainment Court” on the Celebrity Equinox, which acts as a secondary atrium and multi-use space. 

@Sir PMP I think the point @johnnyswitzerland was making is that someone at Cruisecritic has “stolen” @Despegue’s idea and made it a feature on a CruiseCritic email and branched out beyond the confines of HAL.  Despite what some on this board think, there is a world beyond that of HAL, and some really lovely vessels to explore the world on 🚢🚢

Correct!  Just pointing out that CC did something similar in their latest email.  And posted with tongue in cheek.  "Guess the ship" is a great idea!

And having sailed X Equinox, I have to say I agree with @AtlantaCruiser72 that there are a great many ways to explore.

Edited by johnnyswitzerland
  • Like 1