Guess the ship...

Despegue

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

I wish Seattle would realize, that there are/were so many treasures on these ships that passengers enjoyed and remembered and gives them motivation to cruise again and again on these ships..

I agree - The 4 ships recently sold each contained some amazing art/antiques that deserve to be preserved. At least we know the Four Seasons sculpture (that was Most recently installed at the top of the stairwell out the Crows Nest on the Amsterdam) will be preserved by HAL and installed on another ship - possibly the Rotterdam VII

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Sorry to the true fans but other than that Prinsendam Ocean Bar pic, most of these pics making my eyes bleed.  Did Farcus work on HAL ships too? 😉

The lead design firm for Holland America was Frans Dingemans from the Netherlands starting with the Statendam of 1992 and through the Nieuw Amsterdam.  I do think Joe Farcus was a consultant for some aspects of design, but not 100% sure. I know starting with Eurodam other design firms were brought in to lead HAL in a more contemporary, fresh design direction.

These photos bring back lovely memories of our last HAL cruise last November, our first and last cruise on the Maasdam.

When we left the Maasdam on March 1 at Auckland we never dreamed she’d be sold. We so enjoyed three long trips with the InDepth program to Easter Island to Japan and to New Zealand and expected to take many more.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScottishMaid said:

When we left the Maasdam on March 1 at Auckland we never dreamed she’d be sold. We so enjoyed three long trips with the InDepth program to Easter Island to Japan and to New Zealand and expected to take many more.

We did a cruise Sydney to Sydney, up the Queensland coast and to the islands of PNG.  We did a zodiac boat excursion while there - just fabulous.  I'd hoped we might be able to do another Maasdam cruise and was saddened to know she had been sold as she was such a nice little ship.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

enhance

I was struck by one of these on the Zuiderdam, could not believe how out of place and hideous it looked. The memory of the bench has lingered since 2006. Any time I hear someone say anything nice about the decor of a Holland America ship, I think of that bench and shake my head.