Lift and Shift questions

Hammergirl

We are booked on a March 2021 cruise and I am thinking about doing a lift and shift to 2022, but have a few questions. BEAUTIFUL30

We are in a 2 bedroom royal suite and those rooms are very hard to come by. What happens if I cannot find the exact same room? Am I just out of luck?

Can I even do a lift and shift with a March 2021 cruise? It seems like maybe they are only allowing it for 2020 cruises.

I am just really confused about all of it and not really sure how it all works. It seems impossible for me to find the exact same itinerary with the exact same room available within 4 weeks of my original cruise, for a 2022 cruise. I have looked and nothing is available for that room and we only really have a 1 week period that will work for school schedules. So I would have to find a Western Caribbean/Perfect day that leaves out of Port Canaveral in a 2 bedroom royal suite. Seems next to impossible. 

All of this has been really frustrating with the non-refundable suite deposits and it all makes me feel like I will not cruise for a long while after all this is settled. We cruise in suites because that is what works best for our family so it really sucks to have money sitting out there. We cancelled our August 2020 cruise because we could see the writing on the wall so have a $1000 FCC that is sitting out there that we have not been able to apply to anything yet (and I fear that it is going to expire before we can) and now with this March 2021 cruise, if we cannot lift and shift we may have to cancel that too. From what I understand we cannot use both of these FCC's for the same cruise so will have to book two separate cruises to be able to use my $2000 in FCC.

Yep, what firefly333 said, use the tool to see what dates/ships they say would qualify for the shift.  But you only have a few days left to do this.  Currently the expiration to do a lift and shift is this Wednesday, Sept 30th.  I did a lift & shift from March 21 to March 22, but you're correct, finding that suite might be tough. Keep in mind it doesn't have to be the exact same itinerary. But it does have to be:  same room category, same number of nights, same general itinerary (i.e. Caribbean).  You don't have to sail from the same port, you can also look at Fort Lauderdale and Miami.  

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If your category is not available You can move the deposit from the March cruise to March 2022 for a different category of suite (not price protected) but then you will be able to apply your FCC from August to that cruise. 

But my FCC has to be used on a sailing before Dec 31st, 2021 so I could not use it for a March 2022 cruise. That is why I am concerned that I am going to lose that $1000 because I do not see us being able to cruise before it expires. 

5 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

But my FCC has to be used on a sailing before Dec 31st, 2021 so I could not use it for a March 2022 cruise. That is why I am concerned that I am going to lose that $1000 because I do not see us being able to cruise before it expires. 

Call and see if they will apply it to the 2022 sailing.

if not, Use the FCC to book a cruise For Dec 2021.  Cancel it just before final Payment (Sept 2021) and the FCC will be then have an expiry date of 12 months from when you cancel. 

the FCC can now cover the deposit so you won’t have to put any more cash down. 

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for this information. I used the online form to see what is available and unfortunately only 1 ship had the same stateroom available and that would mean going from the Oasis on a Western Caribbean/Perfect day cruise to the Freedom of the Seas Southern Caribbean, which we would not be interested in. 

Call! Look on line 4 weeks before and 4 weeks after your current cruise for something you may be interested in and then call and asked. Our son just yesterday did a lift and shift January 2021 to January 2022. He didn't think he'd get what he was interested in but he did. We also did a lift and shift from March 2021 to April 2022. We didn't know about the tool, but were happy we got our 1st choice as well.

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call and see if they will apply it to the 2022 sailing.

if not, Use the FCC to book a cruise For Dec 2021.  Cancel it just before final Payment (Sept 2021) and the FCC will be then have an expiry date of 12 months from when you cancel. 

the FCC can now cover the deposit so you won’t have to put any more cash down. 

This idea is helpful.  Thank you.  I've had two different family cruise deposits refunded as FCC.  Each of six people has one FCC for $100 and a second for $150.  To deposit on a Dec2021 cruise I'm only allowed to use one FCC, so the other ends up being applied to the balance due on each cabin.  Do you know if cancelling Dec21 cruise by Sept 2021 would get me FCC back and extended 12 more months for both the FCC's applied pp?  Many thanks!!!

8 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

This idea is helpful.  Thank you.  I've had two different family cruise deposits refunded as FCC.  Each of six people has one FCC for $100 and a second for $150.  To deposit on a Dec2021 cruise I'm only allowed to use one FCC, so the other ends up being applied to the balance due on each cabin.  Do you know if cancelling Dec21 cruise by Sept 2021 would get me FCC back and extended 12 more months for both the FCC's applied pp?  Many thanks!!!

If the FCC’s were issued from one sailing yet issued separately you are best to call and book and have them all applied at once.  My fear is that if you booked on line using one FCC it could be difficult to have the second applied later.

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If the FCC’s were issued from one sailing yet issued separately you are best to call and book and have them all applied at once.  My fear is that if you booked on line using one FCC it could be difficult to have the second applied later.

They were issued from two sailings.  I booked a date that ended up being a conflict for one in our party and had to change to a different date.  I can't remember the exact details of why a new booking got created rather than just changing the first.  It would be a lot easier to manage if I could get one set of FCC into my own name and apply it to my own future cruises.  I paid for all the deposits and it's complicated to strategize how not to lose the FCC values.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

13 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

They were issued from two sailings.  I booked a date that ended up being a conflict for one in our party and had to change to a different date.  I can't remember the exact details of why a new booking got created rather than just changing the first.  It would be a lot easier to manage if I could get one set of FCC into my own name and apply it to my own future cruises.  I paid for all the deposits and it's complicated to strategize how not to lose the FCC values.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

If they are from 2 different bookings then they wont be able to be combined.  You will have to use them on 2 separate cruises