Facts Only Please

locksley10

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-usa-cdc/cdc-director-contradicts-trump-on-coronavirus-were-nowhere-near-the-end-nbc-idUKKBN26J22E

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of a top U.S. government health agency gave a grim assessment of the coronavirus pandemic that contradicts that of President Donald Trump, saying “We’re nowhere near the end,” NBC News reported on Monday.

Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who has been rebuked by Trump for less-rosy assessments of the coronavirus recovery, also expressed concern that Trump’s late addition to the coronavirus task force, Dr. Scott Atlas, is sharing inaccurate information with the president.

“Everything he says is false,” Redfield said in a telephone call Friday on a plane from Atlanta to Washington, NBC reported.

Redfield later told NBC the threat from the coronavirus pandemic was far from over, contradicting Trump’s assertion as he seeks re-election Nov. 3 that the country was “rounding the corner.”

“We’re nowhere near the end,” Redfield said.

Trump publicly dismissed congressional testimony by Redfield earlier this month on when a vaccine could be broadly rolled out, calling him “confused.”

The U.S. president, who was reluctant to urge Americans to wear masks until recently, also criticized Redfield for saying wearing a mask can be just as effective as a vaccine.

The CDC director made his position clear.

“If every one of us did it, this pandemic would be over in eight to 12 weeks,” Redfield told NBC.

The CDC did not immediately return a request for comment on Redfield’s reported remarks.

Atlas is a neuroradiologist with no background in infectious diseases whose views on handling the coronavirus pandemic have been denounced by his peers at Stanford University’s medical school.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, locksley10 said:

How many people left the U.S. on a 7 day or less cruise and contracted covid on the cruise ships pre shutdown?

How many Died?

Data source please.

I watched a chicken lady on youtube say that the ship was full. She said that she was told by the room attendant who was told by his roommate who was told by the dishwasher who was told by the pool guy that 75 died on ship.

Data source: Youtube

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-usa-cdc/cdc-director-contradicts-trump-on-coronavirus-were-nowhere-near-the-end-nbc-idUKKBN26J22E

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The head of a top U.S. government health agency gave a grim assessment of the coronavirus pandemic that contradicts that of President Donald Trump, saying “We’re nowhere near the end,” NBC News reported on Monday.

I hope you don't mind if I reuse this can of worms.

1092097-Open-Can-Of-Worms.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

"They" are not indecisive. Its outside influences that are controlling messaging and policy. That's the problem.

OK... let's say I buy what you're peddling. Then tell me who is controlling this message,

"Nowhere near the end." 

Here's (3) changes that took a whole two minutes to google, share, and post. There are more. It's to the level that they're looking like my comfortable and nearly worn out flip flops. You can google more if you need to. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/09/18/covid-testing-cdc-reverses-guidelines-asymptomatic-spread/5827365002/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/us-data/

https://bgr.com/2020/08/25/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-cdc-self-quarantine-guidelines/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

let's say I buy what you're peddling

I'm not "peddling" anything. Consider just for one moment that Covid is global. Take the USA out of it for sake of this argument. Are other countries "in on the game"? Are other countries lying to their citizens? Are other countries fudging the death counts? This virus has basically behaved the same in all countries. Controlling the spread has been universally adapted as wearing masks, social distancing and washing hands. So when you actually look at how other countries are each handling this pandemic you can quickly see why the USA response is so out of lock step with the rest of the world.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

That's all well & good, but you didn't answer my question. And you're the one that said the nmessage is being controlled. So who's controlling the message, "We are nowhere near the end." ?

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to come to that conclusion. I'm certain Dr. Redfields assertion is based on science and what the agency knows based on the data they're reviewing. He's hardly the only Doctor to say this. As far as who's controlling the message, we're not to discuss such things here so I'll refrain from taking the bait.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to come to that conclusion. I'm certain Dr. Redfields assertion is based on science and what the agency knows based on the data they're reviewing. He's hardly the only Doctor to say this. As far as who's controlling the message, we're not to discuss such things here so I'll refrain from taking the bait.

I'm glad you're certain. Many are not any longer. 

Talking Politics.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

I'm not "peddling" anything. Consider just for one moment that Covid is global. Take the USA out of it for sake of this argument. Are other countries "in on the game"? Are other countries lying to their citizens? Are other countries fudging the death counts? This virus has basically behaved the same in all countries. Controlling the spread has been universally adapted as wearing masks, social distancing and washing hands. So when you actually look at how other countries are each handling this pandemic you can quickly see why the USA response is so out of lock step with the rest of the world.

Our Ontario Premier just announced that we are officially in the second wave. After being down to under 100 new cases per day for a few weeks we had 700 yesterday and they are now only testing you if you have symptoms. We were doing so well but it looks as if we may have opened up too early. 

I can't even imagine what the second wave will look like down south. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Our Ontario Premier just announced that we are officially in the second wave. After being down to under 100 new cases per day for a few weeks we had 700 yesterday and they are now only testing you if you have symptoms. We were doing so well but it looks as if we may have opened up too early. 

I can't even imagine what the second wave will look like down south.

Unfortunately this has been the pattern around the world. This is a highly transmissible airborne disease. Our covid chart looks like a roller coaster sadly. I think we're onto the 3rd wave already in some places.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We were doing so well but it looks as if we may have opened up too early. 

So were us, after the 1st lockdown.... There was a lot of pressure to open schools in order to allow people to go back to work. Weddings, markets, restaurants -- no masks, no social distancing.

Now, we're 2 weeks into the 2nd lockdown, and the virus is still spreading like fire.

The "round the corner" seems very far away.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So were us, after the 1st lockdown.... There was a lot of pressure to open schools in order to allow people to go back to work. Weddings, markets, restaurants -- no masks, no social distancing.

Now, we're 2 weeks into the 2nd lockdown, and the virus is still spreading like fire.

The "round the corner" seems very far away.

Craziest part of our second wave is we still have all the mask use and social distancing precautions still in place yet our numbers are still climbing and climbing. During the summer I was starting to believe this whole thing would be over by Canadian Thanksgiving (October 11) but boy was I wrong. 

They seem to be forgetting that we're not dealing with corners but rather a circle.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who has been rebuked by Trump for less-rosy assessments of the coronavirus recovery, also expressed concern that Trump’s late addition to the coronavirus task force, Dr. Scott Atlas, is sharing inaccurate information with the president.

“Everything he says is false,” Redfield said in a telephone call Friday on a plane from Atlanta to Washington, NBC reported.

Redfield later told NBC the threat from the coronavirus pandemic was far from over, contradicting Trump’s assertion as he seeks re-election Nov. 3 that the country was “rounding the corner.”

“We’re nowhere near the end,” Redfield said.

Trump publicly dismissed congressional testimony by Redfield earlier this month on when a vaccine could be broadly rolled out, calling him “confused.”

The U.S. president, who was reluctant to urge Americans to wear masks until recently, also criticized Redfield for saying wearing a mask can be just as effective as a vaccine.

The CDC director made his position clear.

“If every one of us did it, this pandemic would be over in eight to 12 weeks,” Redfield told NBC.

The CDC did not immediately return a request for comment on Redfield’s reported remarks.

Atlas is a neuroradiologist with no background in infectious diseases whose views on handling the coronavirus pandemic have been denounced by his peers at Stanford University’s medical school.

Scary

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Craziest part of our second wave is we still have all the mask use and social distancing precautions still in place yet our numbers are still climbing and climbing.

Bars and restaurants. No testing, no masks. There is growing evidence that a combination of testing, masks, and cleaning is effective.

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I'm very curious... please sound off...

Who actually believes that if every one wore a mask the pandemic would be over in 8 to 12 weeks?   

Me:     No way Jose... Dr. Science Man & Director of CDC

I do. It seems to be working in controlled environments where masks are mandatory - colleges and universities are doing better than expected so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Bars and restaurants. No testing, no masks. There is growing evidence that a combination of testing, masks, and cleaning is effective.

I do. It seems to be working in controlled environments where masks are mandatory - colleges and universities are doing better than expected so far.

So you think just wearing masks will end a pandemic? Wow & I thought you believed in 'science'? 

• Like 1

Masks are like apples, many varietals. You will never get 100% mask wearing compliance and you will never get everyone wearing N95 masks which I believe are the only form of mask with a proven 100% efficiency rating. To make things worse the mask worn must be fitted to each persons face properly. I for one have seen many people wearing the mask with their nose exposed. Then you have masks with respirator valves. These are completely useless as they let out 100% of the persons droplets. Even in the hospitals where trained Doctors and Nurses are wearing full PPE, some are still getting infected. 

Just like hand washing, some do it right and some don't do it at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

So you think just wearing masks will end a pandemic? Wow & I thought you believed in 'science'? 

Yes it could reduce it from a pandemic to an epidemic, but it would require a very high compliance rate so we probably won't see it happen.

• Like 3