2 Different NCL ships and Med. Itineraries to choose from! Opinions?

etravel

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Yeah, it's the same place. I think over the years they changed the name from Cafe Buza to Buza Bar. Thanks for the links. Now I remember the cliff diving and that to get to Buza Bar, you had to literally go through a hole in the wall (in old Dubrovnik dialect, "buza" means "hole"). Their motto at Buza Bar was pretty simple:  "Cold Drinks!".

Funny about the possible motivation for your son to jump off the cliff: "a bunch of girls watching". Yeah, that'd do it, lol.

Here's another link with some more info:

http://www.dubrovnik.com/discover/restaurants/223-buza-bar-or-the-qhole-in-the-wallq

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, it's the same place. I think over the years they changed the name from Cafe Buza to Buza Bar. Thanks for the links. Now I remember the cliff diving and that to get to Buza Bar, you had to literally go through a hole in the wall (in old Dubrovnik dialect, "buza" means "hole"). Their motto at Buza Bar was pretty simple:  "Cold Drinks!".

Funny about the possible motivation for your son to jump off the cliff: "a bunch of girls watching". Yeah, that'd do it, lol.

Here's another link with some more info:

http://www.dubrovnik.com/discover/restaurants/223-buza-bar-or-the-qhole-in-the-wallq

It was fun for a while trying to find the place, and yes its basically a hole in a wall with a gate. I think their was a small sign. Steep stairs, 3-4 landing pads to sit and watch. They had 2-3 beers in bottles, a few cocktails and not much else. It was all about watching the water, watching the jumpers / divers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

It was fun for a while trying to find the place, and yes its basically a hole in a wall with a gate. I think their was a small sign. Steep stairs, 3-4 landing pads to sit and watch. They had 2-3 beers in bottles, a few cocktails and not much else. It was all about watching the water, watching the jumpers / divers 

I agree, it was fun (& a challenge) to find the place. Before we flew to Italy for the cruise, I even watched a You Tube video that showed you the step=by-step directions on how to get there. It worked!

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 6:49 PM, farmersfight said:

I agree, it was fun (& a challenge) to find the place. Before we flew to Italy for the cruise, I even watched a You Tube video that showed you the step=by-step directions on how to get there. It worked!

That's one of the great things about the internet.  I've used the "google earth man" so many times to preview the walk between the train station and our AirB&B in Europe.  My husband is always amazed that I mysteriously know the way there down all the little alleys, lol.  Another great thing is to use the webcams at your destination just before you go to guide your packing.  You can check to see if people are wearing light jackets/coats/sweaters, etc.

• Thanks 1