Jump to content

Still Posting on Roll Calls???


Recommended Posts

I realize it's tough to get excited about future cruises thst may or may not sail. But, a couple of the Roll Calls I'm on havent had new posts in several weeks.

 

Are we all waiting for a return to "normal" to invest time and thought on Roll Call posts?

Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH it REALLY doesn't make sense to post Roll Calls now until we have clarity on what the new protocols are. Once those are published then it really makes sense to have conversations with your fellow cruisers. Especially for people on cruises with start dates in the next three months it's GUARANTEED that it's not going to be the same cruise experience.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

TBH it REALLY doesn't make sense to post Roll Calls now until we have clarity on what the new protocols are. Once those are published then it really makes sense to have conversations with your fellow cruisers. Especially for people on cruises with start dates in the next three months it's GUARANTEED that it's not going to be the same cruise experience.  

 

Makes about the same sense as peeps spending hours on their devices playing games or posting on all the other social venues.  Time on hands...some social interaction without Covid worries.   How many hours do you spend doing it? 😉 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a nice group on a Celebrity Roll Call that has been pretty active and also planning excursions. Even pre-Covid I noticed that some roll calls were dormant while others were pretty active. I think it has more to do with the type of cruise & the ship. I have found that European cruises have roll calls that are always pretty active. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes...Our Celebrity Reflection July 30, 2021 is very active !

My next one up on RCI Freedom Oct 2021...deserted and I won't even bring up 

my other's for 2022...but I'm sure they'll pick up eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, STEVE-O said:

I realize it's tough to get excited about future cruises thst may or may not sail. But, a couple of the Roll Calls I'm on havent had new posts in several weeks.

 

Are we all waiting for a return to "normal" to invest time and thought on Roll Call posts?

I'm even wondering if attendance in this entire forum is down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Empress of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium's roll calls are stagnant!

Speculation on this forum has the Empress leaving the fleet- possibly in parts!

And the western US forest fire season is causing us to doubt taking next September's Pacific Coastal cruise.

Without being able to definitely plan on these upcoming cruises, it seems moot to post on the roll calls.

And I am just a few posts away from the 5k Cruise Critic milestone😷...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

My Empress of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium's roll calls are stagnant!

Speculation on this forum has the Empress leaving the fleet- possibly in parts!

And the western US forest fire season is causing us to doubt taking next September's Pacific Coastal cruise.

Without being able to definitely plan on these upcoming cruises, it seems moot to post on the roll calls.

And I am just a few posts away from the 5k Cruise Critic milestone😷...

Don't worry about that milestone....:classic_wink:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, johnjen said:

I'm even wondering if attendance in this entire forum is down. 

 

For sure -- since our hours differ,  I used to wake up in the morning and have to "catch up" at least 6-7 pages from last night.

 

Now - no more than 1.5-2 pages, mainly when new delays/CWC are announced.

 

One of the many reasons - people don't cruise, therefore -- now live reports....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lr657 said:

I've noticed that sometimes the cruises that also have group on the other social media site have a slow roll call and active group on the other site. 

 

Happened to me when we booked late, and the roll call or the group on the "other side" were already in full swing.

 

I prefer CC, since on the "other side" I'm with my real name, and wouldn't want to "publish" my future vacation plans.

 

At least here there were cases where people find their homes ransacked when returning from cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Happened to me when we booked late, and the roll call or the group on the "other side" were already in full swing.

 

I prefer CC, since on the "other side" I'm with my real name, and wouldn't want to "publish" my future vacation plans.

 

At least here there were cases where people find their homes ransacked when returning from cruises.


So, just to be clear - here on this site = no ransacking and on that other site with your real name = ransacking?  That’s scary!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

My Empress of the Seas and Celebrity Millennium's roll calls are stagnant!

Speculation on this forum has the Empress leaving the fleet- possibly in parts!

And the western US forest fire season is causing us to doubt taking next September's Pacific Coastal cruise.

Without being able to definitely plan on these upcoming cruises, it seems moot to post on the roll calls.

And I am just a few posts away from the 5k Cruise Critic milestone😷...

 

8 minutes ago, pstone1 said:


So, just to be clear - here on this site = no ransacking and on that other site with your real name = ransacking?  That’s scary!

I do not know the significance of having posts counted.I have been posting 21 years on a nostalgia board .There is no record of posts and nobody seems to care.If I can give anyone my posts I would gladly do it .

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pstone1 said:


So, just to be clear - here on this site = no ransacking and on that other site with your real name = ransacking?  That’s scary!

 

Agree, scary indeed. However, I've mentioned that's happened here in Israel, which is a very small country v. US.

 

Last summer, I was giving "cruising tips" to my friend regarding a future Baltic cruise. Turns out she was also active in the unmentioned site group for this cruise. While they were cruising, their house was ransacked, along with the house of another participant in the group.

 

Police were not surprised -- they said certain "people" make their business to follow travel groups on the unmentioned site and gather info about when they'll be away.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Agree, scary indeed. However, I've mentioned that's happened here in Israel, which is a very small country v. US.

 

Last summer, I was giving "cruising tips" to my friend regarding a future Baltic cruise. Turns out she was also active in the unmentioned site group for this cruise. While they were cruising, their house was ransacked, along with the house of another participant in the group.

 

Police were not surprised -- they said certain "people" make their business to follow travel groups on the unmentioned site and gather info about when they'll be away.....


That is such a shame!  I think we all have enough to worry about in everyday life and look forward to relaxing with no worries when on vacation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

OMG, it must be full time work keeping up with refunds and FCC's.....  😞

 

 

 

Not really. Got all my refunds and FCC already, except for two cancelled August 2021 cruises that just happened a week ago...of which I did not expect.  Just have to watch my credit card for the refund of those two deposits.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...