The Daily for Tuesday Sep 29, 2020

richwmn

24 minutes ago, Himself said:

Rich:  Thank you for the update on the fleet. I get a new "boss" today as Bishop Ronald Hicks will be installed today as the new Bishop of the Diocese of Joliet where I have served for the last 35 years..

Father, this will be a great time to toast to you and the new Bishop! 

• Like 4

Good almost noon and thanks Rich for holding our attention to this wonderful thread.  Biscotti - yes, coffee - no (never had had one, love the smell but not the taste).  DH makes the most delicious biscottis and dips one end in chocolate.  The drink of the day isn't going to make it on my list.  Thanks to Roy for keeping the lists, my thought are with those on the care list.  Have a wonderful day everyone, stay safe and healthy!

• Like 6

Good morning everyone, thanks to Rich and Roy for the Daily News!  

Tuesday is our alternative day for Sunday Mass, so we'll be leaving soon.  Then a few errands, perhaps a coffee and biscotti, and home for lunch.  Gardening is still on the agenda, if it has dried up enough.  At least we live on a hill, so there is good drainage...

• Like 8

Greetings from St Petersburg, FL on a beautiful day, although still very warm and humid. We are dog sitting at a friend's condo and still eating most of our meals at home rather than dining out. We disagree with the Governor about opening everything 100%, so we have to wear our masks and use our best judgement. 

The view from the "Dog House" which is better than our pond view:

20200929_073732.jpg

20200929_112453.jpg

• Like 14

Good Morning.

It is another beautiful sunny day here.  I may take advantage of the warm weather and plant a few spring bulbs.

This photo was taken in Quebec City, and seems to be the only coffee photograph I have.  I think I was interested in the cup and saucer.

95259870_10222108442645288_6283612616623390720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=tB6bBxzWgQ4AX_Kwo1e&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=54132f47d67ad50f4731aecf1ff259d4&oe=5F98472F

Val

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Yesterday, @Marmot@Sea posted a pint picture that looked vaguely familiar:

19143817_10212941382154505_7971605855708674188_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=-DsIRg3YXSwAX_BQfbd&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=7b7f0d514e4edff9f867d41ed41708c6&oe=5F978C85

So I searched my files and found out why. During a business trip in the spring of 2014, I had a weekend free to explore London. I had "Sunday Roast" and sticky pudding at The Jugged Hare near Victoria Station. It was delicious & I want to go back!

image.thumb.png.40327a72aedd0781878bf71d9ecca28c.png

image.thumb.png.55bd70c944ff8b63cf172e1376b26f10.png

image.thumb.png.f5dea7f1f9714d9faa736406dd9ce04c.png

Gotta love those Sunday roasts!  Dinner in Windsor by the Thames

image.thumb.jpeg.bdb310d9e246606a00263bdb1ab01ae9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c4dbf8a59d97f0963ccefc22d989ef67.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 8

A huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful CC folks who inhabit the Daily threads. In this absurdly upside down inside out world in which we currently live - when no real cruising is going on - I have had a place to come - to enjoy and relax - as I still come here daily to reflexively seek the joys of what I love so much that is currently unavailable and unattainable. 

I am one one of many who lurk here.  Kazu your picture this morning says it all. 

Cheers and prayers to all.

• Like 13

I will toast all the coffee drinkers with my cup of tea.  My DH loved coffee, but I never Acquired the taste.  

Well, I did it!  Booked on Nieuw Statendam for 14 days next September going from Barcelona and ending in Rome.  Figure by next June (final payment) that I could know for sure what the state of cruising might be.

Father, we used to live in Diocese of Joliet.  I remember talking with you about our parish priest, Father Ruffalo.  We were on a Hawaiian cruise aboard the Statendam, I think.

Prayers for all who are in need. And rejoicing with those celebrating.

have a great day, everyone.

• Like 11

Good morning all!

We’re enjoying some warm early fall days this week. Low 70’s and nearly 80 predicted for tomorrow. 

Kazu whenever I see that

picture it hits home because our 39-day Australia/NZ/South Pacific cruise was the first of 4 we had cancelled this year. 

Must have my morning coffee and have a collection of mugs. Most of them are travel related but I cherish this one given to me by our daughter. (I’m Nana to the grandsons). 

Stay safe everyone! 🙂

3D1E5634-F788-4A9A-8A9D-39EB48F7FAC3.jpeg

• Like 8

Roy could you add Roz And her family to your prayer list?  She has been a cruise critic member for many years. She posted as the wizard of Roz. She was most active on a thread about cruising with a service dog of over 900 pages. She passed away yesterday. I learned so much from her even though I never met her. She will be really missed. She has family on CC too. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon to all on the Daily thread! Thanks to everyone who adds and keeps it going! I'm not a biscotti fan, and I only drank coffee when I first started teaching-until the powers that be who ran PD days finally became civilized and offered tea to we who drink that all day long.  I like the quote! Nobody but me likes squash in this house. I smile at the memory of my mom eating squash every Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner, despite detesting the stuff. ❤️

Since we can't figure out the drink of the day, I'll stick with my moscato....although DD picked up pink moscato today when she was into the liquor store.

@arzz we're glad you posted!

@lindaler it sounds like Roz will be missed. Prayers sent for her and her family left behind

Chilly day today, but the beginning of baseball playoffs brighten my day! Go Jays!

Take care everyone. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear your mask!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, arzz said:

A huge THANK YOU to all the wonderful CC folks who inhabit the Daily threads. In this absurdly upside down inside out world in which we currently live - when no real cruising is going on - I have had a place to come - to enjoy and relax - as I still come here daily to reflexively seek the joys of what I love so much that is currently unavailable and unattainable. 

I am one one of many who lurk here.  Kazu your picture this morning says it all. 

Welcome to posting on the Daily!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Roy could you add Roz And her family to your prayer list?  She has been a cruise critic member for many years. She posted as the wizard of Roz. She was most active on a thread about cruising with a service dog of over 900 pages. She passed away yesterday. I learned so much from her even though I never met her. She will be really missed. She has family on CC too. 

Oh I am so sorry to hear this ❤️  I had the pleasure to meet Roz on one cruise

all our condolences to her family and friends.  So very sad to hear ❤️ 

Thank you for letting us know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arzz said:

Welcome arzz. 🙂. So nice to see you posting here 😄 

• Like 3

I'm a lurker on this thread but have to post - can someone please verify that this isn't our regular Roz that posts frequently on CC?  Someone mentioned a slightly different name.  I have met Roz several times, much younger than me, and such a nice person.

9 minutes ago, T8NCruise said:

I'm a lurker on this thread but have to post - can someone please verify that this isn't our regular Roz that posts frequently on CC?  Someone mentioned a slightly different name.  I have met Roz several times, much younger than me, and such a nice person.

Welcome to the daily.  This is her profile:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/158251-wizard-of-roz/

Roy