FCC RCI how has it been calculated ?

good day to you all

I have received today 2 FCC for 2 cancelled cruises from RCI

125 % on the cruise fare and taxes and fees would be paid back on my account

not yet received any paid back amount but the FCC is above the 125 % of the cruise fare we have paid

example I have paid 1959.54 usd   cruise was 1316 and taxes and fees 643.54

I thought we would get back the 643.54 usd and a fcc amount of 1645 usd

received today 2146 usd

can anyone explane this for me please

and

yes i am worried to that the FCC will expire as it says on the paper to be used before April 30th and redeemed before December 31

my TA advised me to take the FCC instead of the refund

thank you for your advise

Well, doing the simple math the FCC was based off a cruise fare of $1,760.80. If you can't figure it out and it is in your favor, I would just let it ride. As for using the FCC, I would follow what is documented because that is the contract. Book a future cruise for next year to use the FCC. If that cruise eventually gets canceled (unlikely if it is in Summer or later), then new FCC is issued with new terms.

On 9/29/2020 at 2:44 PM, bigrednole said:

Well, doing the simple math the FCC was based off a cruise fare of $1,760.80. If you can't figure it out and it is in your favor, I would just let it ride. As for using the FCC, I would follow what is documented because that is the contract. Book a future cruise for next year to use the FCC. If that cruise eventually gets canceled (unlikely if it is in Summer or later), then new FCC is issued with new terms.

thanks

Good day to you!

I think I might see the discrepancy, based on my experience with a cancelled cruise on a different line.

The FCC includes the cruise price and the "fees" (port fees).  The part returned to credit card is only "taxes".

Do you have a breakdown of those two items?  Does that, then, work out mathematically?

On 9/29/2020 at 7:51 AM, fvandewouwer said:

good day to you all

I have received today 2 FCC for 2 cancelled cruises from RCI

125 % on the cruise fare and taxes and fees would be paid back on my account

not yet received any paid back amount but the FCC is above the 125 % of the cruise fare we have paid

example I have paid 1959.54 usd   cruise was 1316 and taxes and fees 643.54

I thought we would get back the 643.54 usd and a fcc amount of 1645 usd

received today 2146 usd

can anyone explane this for me please

and

yes i am worried to that the FCC will expire as it says on the paper to be used before April 30th and redeemed before December 31

my TA advised me to take the FCC instead of the refund

thank you for your advise

Since you booked through a TA I am assuming that you are looking at the TA's invoice and not Royals.

They can be different.  There is an item called NCCF (Non Commissionable Cruise Fare)  that Royal has as a separate item (visible only on the travel agent copy) but is actually part of the cruise fare.  many TA's include this as part of the taxes and fees.  It varies by ship and length of sailing but would probably be around $300 to $400 total which would make your numbers work.  Ask your agent for Royals guest copy and then do the math...I will bet you a drink in the Diamond Lounge that it is correct.

This NCCF is not refundable and you will only get the taxes and fees back that are shown on Royals invoice not the one your TA gave to you.

By my calculations you will receive back $242.74 in taxes and fees.

Cruise fare                      $1316.80

NCCF                               $400.00

Total cruise fare            $1716.80

taxes and fees              $242.74

Total including taxes    $1959.54

FCC 125% x 1716.80 = $2146

Edited by Ourusualbeach

In the future, you should do a mock booking on RCL's website and get the specifics.

I do this for every cruise that I've taken and have the necessary details to compare when my TA quotes me a cruise fare.  I also tell my TA or RCL's agent which cabin I want.