White House Proposes Cruises to begin Nov 1st in US!!!

BoundForSea

15 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

The Hurtigruten outbreak was due to proper protocols not being followed. As time goes on, since human beings are fallible, there *may* be isolated incidents. Now, some people may be tempted to say "see? These slipups are why cruising shouldn't resume." Wrong. It means that mistakes are made and learned from. Which is why MSC and Costa, as well as TUI, have been able to cruise risk-free since then. There is no such thing as a cruise utopia, so if that's your standard, you'll be forever disappointed. The rest of us will move on with our lives and keep sailing.

Thank you,  well said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are you currently allowed to fly out of canada to go on vacation, say to the caribbean where most islands require a covid test be done within 72 hours of arrival?  

The main obstacle is the 14 days quarantine on return to Canada. That's the deal breaker.

I would rather cruise out of Canada to New England if we had a bubble with the north east. Or Vancouver to Hawaii.

Edited by HappyInVan
forgot

3 hours ago, sjudis said:

Personally, I worry about air travel. At least the cruise lines are cleaned constantly unlike airplanes that are turned around almost immediately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, we feel the same.   Whenever we flew pre covid we always wiped down armrest trays etc. As my Dh is immuno compromised.   We live in Pa and can drive to cape liberty or baltimore in 2 to 2.5 hrs so all the future cruises we booked this year and 2021  leave from those ports except for 2.  One for baltic in august and 1 out of tampa in january which we will cancel unless rcl cancels. 

With all the health protocols I would feel safe on a cruise ship but not in an airport or on a plane.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we feel the same.   Whenever we flew pre covid we always wiped down armrest trays etc. As my Dh is immuno compromised.   We live in Pa and can drive to cape liberty or baltimore in 2 to 2.5 hrs so all the future cruises we booked this year and 2021  leave from those ports except for 2.  One for baltic in august and 1 out of tampa in january which we will cancel unless rcl cancels. 

With all the health protocols I would feel safe on a cruise ship but not in an airport or on a plane.  

I agree with you. I live just 15 minutes to the port of Miami and close to PEV also 4 hours drive to Port Canaveral. 

My cruise on the spring 2021 is out of Barcelona 9 hours flight!!! Idk is scares me been on a flight for so many hours.

It’s my dream trip! Let see what happens next year. 

ISA

Edited by Isasprings
  • Like 1