The Daily for Wednesday Sep 30, 2020

richwmn

It's one of those High School football in the South kinda evenings out there. Y'all know what I mean. An absolutely wonderful mellow, light breeze that still has just a touch of the warmth from the heat of the day but a kiss of that dewy cool of night seeping in too. It was heavenly while I was out grilling up the chicken for dinner. If I could bottle the weather this time of year.... I just love fall in Tennessee.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Hope no serious damage. What a year!

Oh I’m sure it’s not done with climate change.  We normally only worry about one Tropical storm or hurricane but the forecasts are foreboding.  We just try to go with the flow here in the Maritimes 😉.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I love hot mulled cider and by coincidence, I'm sipping on a cup of Tim Horton's apple cinnamon tea - a close second.  As a person of Metis ancestry, I will wear an orange shirt today in memory of those who suffered at the residential schools.  I am also remembering the singer Helen Reddy who passed away yesterday at age 78; as I posted on FB, her song helped many women roar.

I looked up the recipe for Harvest Chicken - it's definitely do-able!  It's like a chicken pot roast - all cooked in a skillet on the stove top. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/harvest-chicken/   The only thing I need to get from the grocery store is asparagus, so will try it for dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising of the glass tonight to everyone on the celebration list.  Stay well, be safe!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thanks for the link to the chicken recipe, which I will cook in the near future.

Asparagus season has begun, spring has arrived!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, dfish said:

Greetings to all!  We did an open air safari at The Wilds in Cumberland, Ohio today.  If you're a Jack Hanna fan you've probably heard of it.  Bumpy ride, but fascinating information .

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

That looks like an awesome way to spend the day!  We lived in Columbus, Ohio for 6 years in the 80's and enjoyed the Columbus Zoo headed by Jack Hanna at the time.  We actually met him and had our photo taken with him at a local event for Anheuser-Busch.  He's pretty cool!