Balcony size on Sky Princess

While looking at the diagram of cabins, it looks like there are some balconies on deck 9, Dolphin Deck, that are larger than the other balconies but the text says they are the same size.  Anyone have any experience with this?

There are some balconies under the Skywalk (mid-ship) that are larger (ie. deeper) than others.  We were in one of them (on the Sky) last November. Along with the Aft facing Balconies, these larger mid-ship balconies are our favorites (on the Royal class ships). We have also booked one of these on the Royal next year.

Review the deck plans and grab one of those that flare out a bit . They are on several decks and give  decent room and view fore/aft. 

I noticed that the Enchanted has made these same flared out cabins Club Class Dining $ .

There is also a group of cabins towards the front of the Dolphin deck that have the deeper balconies (D145-D227) and these are categorized as "Premium Deluxe Balconies". Every passenger deck with cabins under the SeaWalk have a small number of the "angled balconies" that will be larger than standard. Look at the attached deck plan to see the obvious differences.

www.cruisedeckplans.com-deckplan.php-ship=Sky-Princess.png

There are some regular balcony cabins Aft on Dolphin D701-D710 which have larger balconies.

There are also some Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin D711-D725. We stayed in one of those in February and they were very nice. They had a love seat and a nice big deck.

We were on the Sky. Dolphin Deck D708 (friends were in D704 and D 706). These are much larger balconies. The size square footage of cabin with balcony on the deck plans and cabin are totally wrong. They are larger than the mid ship ones on Emerald deck (Obstructed but not really)

Nice, a quiet location on Dolphin. there are forward cabins also large like the ones we had. 

Yes, they first introduced these deeper Dolphin deck balconies on Majestic Princess, then Sky Princess and now Enchanted Princess. They can be found in the fore and aft sections and are partially covered.

Here is a picture we took looking down from our smaller Baja deck balcony on the Majestic Princess

IMG_0204_zpsagbyop9p.thumb.JPG.dddecdb6915a2113d1f849b50d5d9a89.JPG

Sandra

Edited by dides
3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

There are some regular balcony cabins Aft on Dolphin D701-D710 which have larger balconies.

There are also some Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin D711-D725. We stayed in one of those in February and they were very nice. They had a love seat and a nice big deck.

Are they totally covered?  From the picture above, it looks like they may be mostly covered.  We're on the Sky for a British Isles next summer and I'm having the hardest time trying to find cabin reviews.  I keep getting "Page Not Found" on Cruise Critic.  It's so frustrating!

This is a Premium Deluxe Balcony--D719.

All the Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin D711-D725 and the balcony cabins Aft on Dolphin D701-D710  have these larger balconies.

There are also a bunch of Premium Deluxe Balconies on Dolphin forward and a couple regular balconies on Dolphin forward with these nice balconies.

13 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

This is a Premium Deluxe Balcony--D719.

All the Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin D711-D725 and the balcony cabins Aft on Dolphin D701-D710  have these larger balconies.

There are also a bunch of Premium Deluxe Balconies on Dolphin forward and a couple regular balconies on Dolphin forward with these nice balconies.

Do you know anything about E111, E115, or E117 on Sky?  Those look like they have big balconies.  I can't tell if they're covered or not.  They are the only 3 deluxe balconies left on the cruise I'm looking at and I'm trying to figure out why.  I feel like there must be something wrong with them for them to still be available.  Thanks for the help and sorry for changing the subject.

6 hours ago, jenf22 said:

Do you know anything about E111, E115, or E117 on Sky?  Those look like they have big balconies.  I can't tell if they're covered or not.  They are the only 3 deluxe balconies left on the cruise I'm looking at and I'm trying to figure out why.  I feel like there must be something wrong with them for them to still be available.  Thanks for the help and sorry for changing the subject.

I would book those in a heartbeat. They're massive balconies, not listed as obstructed view (but even the obstruction up there would be either the metal railing, although pretty sure that stops at E110 or E109, or absolutely minimal view of too of lifeboat).

They will be partially covered, about the first 4.5 feet are covered with balance open to above.  

They're massive balconies - I'd snap up in a heartbeat... particularly being deluxe balcony cabin with the sofa.

Enjoy..

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

We like the aft balconies, like B737 and B739. I don't have pics...:(

🤨    Wait a minute !   you told me I was payin' for a suite .

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

🤨    Wait a minute !   you told me I was payin' for a suite .

Caviar dreams and hamburger budget my love 😄

15 hours ago, jwattle said:

Caviar dreams and hamburger budget my love 😄

Hi Jo & Tom,

That was my problem when I was a kid.😢 Until I found the back door open of the bank around the corner from my house.😳😁

Your Pal,

EC3CD017-E13F-419D-927E-5FCCF1F60DB8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Jo & Tom,

That was my problem when I was a kid.😢 Until I found the back door open of the bank around the corner from my house.😳😁

Your Pal,

EC3CD017-E13F-419D-927E-5FCCF1F60DB8.jpeg

I'll keep my eyes peeled, appreciate the tip!😁😃

Hoping for safe sailing soon in the rowboat,😊

Edited by jwattle
11 hours ago, jwattle said:

What I said was that you were paying for a SWEET aft, not a SUITE aft😂

that song from the carpenters keeps playing in my head  

it's as close to a suite as I'll get ! 😕