To good to be true .

margo2011

Hi all ,

I have just had an offer for a 7 day cruise with the QE2 from Southampton .
As the saying goes if it seems to good to be true it probably is .Yet I am being drawn in as it is a no fly cruise and from Liverpool we can be at the port in just over 4 hrs and the price of £499 for 7 days  In a balcony is fabulous.Just the thought  of no flights is enticing ,if things go wrong we can make our way Home under our own steam .We have been on Cunard before not necessary our first choice but we did have bad weather  No fault of Cunard but we felt the the entertainment was poor .We have gotten used to the more relaxed dress code of Azamara and Celebrity But willing to dress up if it gets us cruising  again sooner .What does everyone think ,do you think it will go ahead ?
I look forward to your thoughts .

First of all it will be on QE not QE2 she retired some years ago and is now a hotel in Dubai. If it is the 7nt cruise in April 2021 then it is anybodies guess whether it will go ahead or not I suppose it all depends on the control of covid by then as I very much doubt there will be a vaccination by that time.

Thank you for the correction ,I am only asking as others seem to think the QE is now cancelling their original itineraries  For 2021 and will be in the med till the autumn before sailing to OZ. We have just been advised in Liverpool we cannot meet anyone from other households inside or out as of midnight tomorrow. My children live in Australia and Dublin And i am desperate to see them and grandchildren . We were due to cruise from Singapore  to OZ and have Christmas in Dublin so just want something to look forward to even if it is a long time away .

warm regards to all .

If you fancy it go for it.

But do it in the knowledge that it might not be the same experience you're used too, and it's fifty:fifty that it may be cancelled and you will have to wait sometime if you want you money back. But if that doesn't bother you go for it

Thanks ,how things change husband has virus symptoms we have just been for a test and should know in 2-5 days so we will wait to make any decisions .

We haven’t tried Fred Olsen but have been on the Hal ships that they have bought and quite enjoyed them .But would love to sail out of Liverpool and some good offers on them .Just when we travel we like to meet others from around the world  not just from the Uk and Fred has a reputation for the older crowd .We have sailed with some fun older people with great stamina but one year on HAL those on our table went to bed after dinner .We aren’t up all hours but like some atmosphere in the bars after dinner .

cheers.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, margo2011 said:

. We were due to cruise from Singapore  to OZ and have Christmas in Dublin so just want something to look forward to even if it is a long time away .

warm regards to all .

Know how you feel . One of my children  and grandchildren are in Australia,  other is locked down in Manchester. We should be in Australia  now , can't even get to Manchester.  There must be so many people separated from family. 

On 9/30/2020 at 6:49 PM, margo2011 said:

Hi all ,

I have just had an offer for a 7 day cruise with the QE2 from Southampton .
As the saying goes if it seems to good to be true it probably is .Yet I am being drawn in as it is a no fly cruise and from Liverpool we can be at the port in just over 4 hrs and the price of £499 for 7 days  In a balcony is fabulous.Just the thought  of no flights is enticing ,if things go wrong we can make our way Home under our own steam .We have been on Cunard before not necessary our first choice but we did have bad weather  No fault of Cunard but we felt the the entertainment was poor .We have gotten used to the more relaxed dress code of Azamara and Celebrity But willing to dress up if it gets us cruising  again sooner .What does everyone think ,do you think it will go ahead ?
I look forward to your thoughts .

I think thats the one we are booked on, theorectically Southampton, Belfast, Liverpool, wander round the west coast Scotland. Booked it, but fully prepared for it not to go ahead, or if it does, to not stop in either Liverpool or Belfast.