DECK 7 SUITE HELP REQUIRED.

Aussie Cruise Nuts

We are moving our June 2021 Viking Med cruise out to June 2022 due to the uncertainty of Covid.   I intend to book the 29 Day Barcelona to Istanbul cruise departing 4 June 2022 on Sky.      We have previously cruised in 6024 Penthouse Junior Suite (PS3), but there is no availability for our preferred portside on deck 6 for this itinerary.     

7004 and 7018 (PS2 category) are available.   7004 looks a little close to the bow (but may be quieter) and 7018 is near  the entrance to the pool area and Wintergarden.      There may be more noise in 7018  with doors opening and closing and foot traffic.  

I would appreciate any assistance from our Viking cruising community on which suite may be the better for this cruise, particularly regarding noise.   

Thanks.    

Rod 

We’ve been in 718 and loved it.

There was not much foot traffic in that area, as the entrance to the Explorer lounge is on the other side. The lanai area around the corner was lightly used, and mostly by couples.

Easy access to the elevator and the Pool Grill were pluses.

Thank you for answering this question.   

We had also worried about the noise from the doors opening and closing in 7018, which we have booked for February Northern Lights.  At this point that  worry is low compared to will the cruise even sail.  😷

14 hours ago, Aussie Cruise Nuts said:

We are moving our June 2021 Viking Med cruise out to June 2022 due to the uncertainty of Covid.   I intend to book the 29 Day Barcelona to Istanbul cruise departing 4 June 2022 on Sky.      We have previously cruised in 6024 Penthouse Junior Suite (PS3), but there is no availability for our preferred portside on deck 6 for this itinerary.     

7004 and 7018 (PS2 category) are available.   7004 looks a little close to the bow (but may be quieter) and 7018 is near  the entrance to the pool area and Wintergarden.      There may be more noise in 7018  with doors opening and closing and foot traffic.  

I would appreciate any assistance from our Viking cruising community on which suite may be the better for this cruise, particularly regarding noise.   

Thanks.    

Rod 

hi Rod

We have been in 7002 and really enjoyed it.

There is basically no passing foot traffic and access to the lounge can be gained via the door next to 7000. More broadly I just find deck 7 to be an ideal location.

We have also been on deck 8 (8019, also very good) but for our next cruise we have booked 7000 (as 7002 was not available).

Let's hope we are all cruising again soon.

Cheers from Woody Point. LM

We've been in 7010 and concur with everything everyone has said.  This is a great location, with very low foot traffic.  We heard no outside noises at any point, and when I'm considering various cruises now, one of the first things I check is for availability of a PS2 on this deck.  

Thank you all for your positive responses.      We have locked in 7018 for our cruise.  

We all hope to be safely cruising again by 2022 - or earlier.     

The Cruise Critic community are a valuable source of information and assistance.  

Our thanks to all.      Stay safe. 

Rod. 

• 2 weeks later...

This has been very interesting indeed. I expect our Jan-Feb 2021 cruises to be canceled (does that make me an optimist or a pessimist?) and may upgrade our PV3 to a PS2 when we rebook. Should be a wash, because of the schedules cruises - Iberian Explorer and In Search of the Northern Lights B2B - we have decided that we are really only interested in the NL portion. I also have excess cruise credit from our canceled April GE cruise.

We are not generally sensitive to ship motion so anything on deck 7 would be good.