Moving a booked cruise that was a Covid cancel

RTR 21-0

Hello everyone, trying to avoid a call to Carnival so knowledge of & input on this is appreciated.  We have a booking for next March that was moved to that date from

April 2020 b/c of Covid.  There is a slight possibility we won’t be able to make it in March.  Wondering if we could move it to May or June w/o another deposit or moving fee & w/o losing our OBC.  Since so many cancellation policies have been implemented I’m lost as to what it was earlier this year when they started giving OBC b/c of Covid related re-bookings.  Thx in advance for your help.  

I have read too much and at this point Corona related issues are akin to scrambled eggs in my brain.

However I think somewhere during the summer Carnival offered a sort of book with confidence relaxation of cancellation rules.

It would sure be worth a call to ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you are going to have to call in and they will move your deposit over to a new room no problem, if they dont, book the room you want online pay another deposit and then call again and ask them to move your credits and OBC from the old reservation to your new booking, I just did that for our cancelled December trip

• Thanks 1

When we recently booked a new 2023 cruise with cancellation credits I enquired about Celebration itineraries.  The Carnival employee told me that she didn't know where they would be sailing but that Carnival is allowing a one time change without penalties, even that far out.  We are booked ES rate.

hmm - I called this week to try and move our January Cruise - and was told, yes I could move my deposit and not lose it - but there was a $50 admin fee per person.  Hmm.  Our deposit under early saver fare was only $50 per person - so how exactly is that helping me not lose my deposit?  Still costs us the small amount of money we have in to move it.  So I decided to let it roll.  Maybe they will cancel our cruise before final payment, and if not, we will let it die as it still costs us the same as moving it.

Don

2 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

hmm - I called this week to try and move our January Cruise - and was told, yes I could move my deposit and not lose it - but there was a $50 admin fee per person.  Hmm.  Our deposit under early saver fare was only $50 per person - so how exactly is that helping me not lose my deposit?  Still costs us the small amount of money we have in to move it.  So I decided to let it roll.  Maybe they will cancel our cruise before final payment, and if not, we will let it die as it still costs us the same as moving it.

Don

I would call again and speak to a different rep. When I moved my Nov sailing last month there was no $50 admin fee involved and I believe that all fees are currently being waived if you decide to move your booked sailing to a later date due to Covid concerns. I think you probably got an unknowledgeable  rep. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OceanZena said:

I would call again and speak to a different rep. When I moved my Nov sailing last month there was no $50 admin fee involved and I believe that all fees are currently being waived if you decide to move your booked sailing to a later date due to Covid concerns. I think you probably got an unknowledgeable  rep. 

Big difference between November and January.  

7 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Don

The $50 is not a normal deposit, so that is probably what the rep meant.  I do know that for cruises THIS YEAR, that they were allowing them to be moved to another date in the future.