When May River Cruise Lines Resume Service? [final edition]

Viva Cruises starts today, on the Rhine! The Viva Cruises/Scylla ship Swiss Ruby sails and this is how it works: The ship leaves from Basel for a round trip lasting a few hours, there is dinner and then the overnight stay. In Germany there is a ban on accommodation in hotels, etc. for leisure, apparently in Switzerland there is not. I do not know the details of the Swiss regulations.

News in German on this website: https://binnenschifffahrt-online.de/2021/03/schifffahrt/19205/scylla-fuehrt-neustart-auf-dem-rhein-aus/

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
Added link

In line with the extension of the lock down in Germany but also looking at the situation further afield, A-Rosa have suspended their river cruises up to and including 28 March.

https://www.arosa-*****/river-cruises/company/current-travel-information.html?_ga=2.120888715.2016218253.1614716338-1420578067.1614716338

notamermaid

I have a Yuletide cruise thru the Netherlands and Belgium this coming December.  It seemed like a great idea when I booked it last summer.  Now I'm having my doubts.  If European river cruising doesn't resume by this fall, and depending on what the situation is with the Christmas markets, a lot of the lines may just cancel all of 2021 and regroup in 2022.  I'd hate to see that happen, but I'm always realistic about what's going on.

11 minutes ago, worldtraveller99 said:

We are the MS Inspire - looking forward to 2022!

2022 may be more realistic.  I remember being thrown out of my office on March 18, 2020.  I don't think they thought we would be coming up on March 18, 2021 with the virus in full force and only the retirement age members of the work force vaccinated.  

The vaccine news here in NY has been getting better every day lately.  DW and I are getting call-backs from every site we listed on, with dates available – sometimes today or tomorrow!  [We both already got Moderna #1 and are scheduled for #2, so we pass this info onto our few friends who haven't already gotten a shot or an appointment.]  At this rate the age limit will be dropped again very soon and I think everyone in the US who wants it will be vaccinated by September.  And today's Wall Street Journal had an article showing that recent polls show more and more Americans are willing to be vaccinated.