Xenses excursion through cruiseline

mamaneedsavacay

Just when I had settled on Chankanaab for our Coz day, my kids saw a video of the "new" Xenses park, and it IS offered through the cruise line. There are very few postings about this park across all of CC. 

Description from cruise line: 

XENSES PARK: STIMULATE YOUR SENSES (Code: COZ78) Duration 8.00 h
Both the latest attraction on the Mayan Riviera and an opportunity to do some shopping are on the itinerary of this appealing all-day excursion. First, you'll board a coach for the transfer to Xenses Park, then get set to have some 15 different activity stations play with your senses in a most astounding way. Smile at various visual puns and optical illusions, see different ecosystems, experience the thrill of flying through the air and relax at the park's natural Xpá. After this multi-sensory visit, you'll move on to Playa del Carmen for about an hour of free time to go shopping along Quinta Avenida, or 5th Avenue in English. This is Playa del Carmen's main retail hub and home to countless shops and boutiques both on the main avenue and on its side streets the perfect place to pick up a Mexican memento. Your return journey to the ship then sees the tour come to an end.
Price per person Adult: $92.00 Child: $64.00

We are in Punta Langosta port 9am-6pm.

Elsewhere on the internet, I've heard this called a "half-day" park. Youtube has some very cool videos of the place. 

I know the travel via ferry and bus would be tedious. I don't know what kind of lunch offerings there are. PdC shopping does not appeal to us at all. My kids really want to do the "flying" style zipline, but two of them are actually below the minimum weight limit in the fine print. (Although they are well above the height, so I wonder if they would be weighed and how precise that warning is.) It looks like an amazing place to visit, I'm just torn over whether doing as a cruise excursion from Coz would be worth the hassle of getting there. 

I also wonder how this would be run during covid times when the ship excursions are supposed to stay in the "ship's bubble." How do you do that in a park like this? For that matter, how do you do Chankanaab in a bubble? I wonder if this excursion is real, even though it would let me buy it right now. They may be assuming things will be different in Mexico in the future...

Anyway, seeking reviews of a Xenses excursion. I can find many about Xcaret, but this is a totally separate park. TIA!

These excursions are real, but you do need to consider you are spending at least 1 1/2 hours just on the ferry.  New fast ferry is better but we saw lots of people sick just loading the old one at the Punta Langosta pier (our ship couldn't get in to the pier so they were using the ferry to move people 300 yards to the pier).

Since the tour also includes shopping you are also going to lose at least 1 1/2 hours in Playa del Carmen.

We have never found mainland tours to be worth doing from Coz, but if you do take one book through the cruise line.  They will have a dedicated ferry.