Your Thoughts on Booking an Australian Cruise late 2021

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

What I was trying to say that from Australia we cannot book P&O UK Cruises direct with P&O UK, neither on their website or phone, I tried several times in past years.  We had to book via an Aussie T/A or via P&O Australia. So I used a an on line Aussie T/A and they still had to put the booking through P&O Australia who put it through to P&O UK in Southampton, too many commissions there.

Yes, I agree about P&O UK, as I've experienced the same. 

However, P&O Aust, unlike P&O UK, doesn't permit overseas sales at all. Their booking system isn't set up for it, so they are different reasons as you can book P&O UK with offices/agents outside the UK.

Yes, I agree about P&O UK, as I've experienced the same. 

However, P&O Aust, unlike P&O UK, doesn't permit overseas sales at all. Their booking system isn't set up for it, so they are different reasons as you can book P&O UK with offices/agents outside the UK.
You can book PO UK from one particular US online travel agent

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We booked P&O UK through an online agent, as it was better than direct

That is the way it has to be done from here Mic, via P&O Australia or a OZ T/A. No booking direct with P&O UK, I tried a dozen times.

The Government is reported as saying we will be closed to overseas arrivals and departures until late 2021. 😒 My thoughts are with all the travel industry workers.🤞

"“International travel, including by tourists and international students, is assumed to remain largely closed off until late next year and then gradually return over time, and a vaccine to be available around the end of 2021 is one of the assumptions in the budget,” Frydenberg told the National Press Club."

Talked to TA yesterday....  At the moment the Princess system for booking is closed to TA's ???????

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

The Government is reported as saying we will be closed to overseas arrivals and departures until late 2021. 😒 My thoughts are with all the travel industry workers.🤞

Our pollies are all spin and marketing..... But totally agreed about anybody  who did work in travel industry.....

It is totally crippling to them and not their fault... 

We are itching to go away and spend money in our's and other states... but all over 5 km away...

We are in grim times..... and the people at the top   seam   unaffected by this all

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, By The Bay said:

"“International travel, including by tourists and international students, is assumed to remain largely closed off until late next year and then gradually return over time, and a vaccine to be available around the end of 2021 is one of the assumptions in the budget,” Frydenberg told the National Press Club."

Not good at all.

It's not only the travel industry effected the pilots/tugs (well not as many tugs needed with modern ships) who bring the ships in are down on shifts, the truck drivers who delivers goods to the ship, the farmers who supply fresh food to the ship, the freight forwarding staff who handle logistics at Port Botany for incoming supplies for the ships, government workers in the cruise related functions and the list goes on.

Grim times indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Talked to TA yesterday....  At the moment the Princess system for booking is closed to TA's ???????

As Princess has a current ban on sailing in Aust till 12 Dec and they have a 60 day final payment date then in my opinion they will have to decide this week as to whether they go ahead or not.  Guess they were originally hoping to get the Christmas/NY cruises away but that wont happen.

12 minutes ago, Ondine said:

As Princess has a current ban on sailing in Aust till 12 Dec and they have a 60 day final payment date then in my opinion they will have to decide this week as to whether they go ahead or not.  Guess they were originally hoping to get the Christmas/NY cruises away but that wont happen.

Not with the state closures and ports closed not only here, but other countries even on South Pacific/NZ itineraries.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Perhaps, you may be lucky.

If that season goes ahead as scheduled, Sapphire is doing the Tassie run from Sydney return, then heading on to Melbourne where she'll homeport for the season.

Oddly, there is no repositioning cruise offered from Vancouver to Sydney.

Sigh; I had two cruises booked this year that were cancelled and would have done another couple nest year. Sadly I think the closest I will get to going on another cruise is doing a trip on the SPOT to Tassie when it relocates to Corio Quay  North Geelong in 2022. 

Edited by ozziepost

34 minutes ago, ozziepost said:

Sigh; I had two cruises booked this year that were cancelled and would have done another couple nest year. Sadly I think the closest I will get to going on another cruise is doing a trip on the SPOT to Tassie when it relocates to Corio Quay  North Geelong in 2022. 

I was hoping to get to Tasmania sooner..... but we will wait...... interestingly the bonus credits we got from Princess  looks like they  expire mid Jan 2022 ( that is to sail )   Cheers Don

We have two Princess FCDs which were due to expire next month, after being put back on our A/C after we cancelled our Sapphire cruise in June. Yesterday we had an email from Princess to tell us that out the date on the expiration of the FCDs has been extended until November 2022. This was good news.

Leigh

Just now, possum52 said:

We have two Princess FCDs which were due to expire next month, after being put back on our A/C after we cancelled our Sapphire cruise in June. Yesterday we had an email from Princess to tell us that out the date on the expiration of the FCDs has been extended until November 2022. This was good news.

Leigh

Yes, it is unless you wanted the refunded money.

• Like 2

Update from our TA....   all in all  got a cruise sailing 5 nov 2021  to NZ....

Pretty much same cost of earlier cruises... with $1200 of free credit pp towards fare...

so all this for $100 FCD per person risk....... We will take it...... with finger crossed

Cheers Don

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, it is unless you wanted the refunded money.

They gave you that option. Extract from the email.

"If you wish to have your FCD refunded back to you and forgo your bonus onboard spending money, please select the "Request Refund" button below. "

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

"If you wish to have your FCD refunded back to you and forgo your bonus onboard spending money, please select the "Request Refund" button below. "

Probably would have only taken the standard 6 months as well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

The 'Request Refund' Button is probably worn out, after all the demands for such.

23 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

It's not only the travel industry effected the pilots/tugs (well not as many tugs needed with modern ships) who bring the ships in are down on shifts, the truck drivers who delivers goods to the ship, the farmers who supply fresh food to the ship, the freight forwarding staff who handle logistics at Port Botany for incoming supplies for the ships, government workers in the cruise related functions and the list goes on.

Grim times indeed.

My Brother-in-law does ship refuelling. He hasn’t worked since March.

10 minutes ago, benjoon said:

My Brother-in-law does ship refuelling. He hasn’t worked since March.

Yes bunkering.

The public really have no idea what it takes to get a ship in unloaded and loaded and then out.  I certainly learnt a lot listening to Ruby Princess Inquiry about the logistics.