How Many FCCs and How Many Booked Cruises Do You Have?

Under CWC you can get refund or FCC if Royal cancels and FCC if you cancel.  

We currently have 3 FCCs (2 from CWC, 1 from previous) and 4 cruises booked.

Having said that, I am not confident that we will cruise on our next one so that would be 3 FCCs and 3 cruises. 

That leaves Aug 2021, Dec 2021 and Mar 2022.

Currently none of our FCCs extend to 2022, but if I apply one to the cruise that may be cancelled, it should get re-issued with a 2022 expiry.

However, if Aug 2021 gets cancelled and a FCC must be applied by 2022, then we will have more FCCs than we can use.  2022 is a busy year for us for other reasons so don't think we will fit in a second cruise.

How about others?  How many FCCs do you currently have and and how many cruises booked (which may or may not get cancelled)?  Do you worry that you will also lose the FCC?

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Under CWC you can get refund or FCC if Royal cancels and FCC if you cancel.  

We currently have 3 FCCs (2 from CWC, 1 from previous) and 4 cruises booked.

Having said that, I am not confident that we will cruise on our next one so that would be 3 FCCs and 3 cruises. 

That leaves Aug 2021, Dec 2021 and Mar 2022.

Currently none of our FCCs extend to 2022, but if I apply one to the cruise that may be cancelled, it should get re-issued with a 2022 expiry.

However, if Aug 2021 gets cancelled and a FCC must be applied by 2022, then we will have more FCCs than we can use.  2022 is a busy year for us for other reasons so don't think we will fit in a second cruise.

How about others?  How many FCCs do you currently have and and how many cruises booked (which may or may not get cancelled)?  Do you worry that you will also lose the FCC?

If our Christmas cruise gets cancelled I will end up converting the FCC’s from our cancelled Anthem sailing into refunds.  It’s going to get problematic with the kids as they will only be travelling at Christmas now.  Still have a huge FCC from Ovation To use up. 

3 cruises booked and cancelled.  Took 2 sets of FCC and 1 refund- 

2 FCC's applied but might be getting one back if our December cruise gets cancelled

2 FCC left to apply- and 2 possible coming in December

10 cruises booked

Edited by molly361

I have one FCC from my cancelled Nov. TA that I used to book a July 2021 cruise.

I also have a cruise booked for October 2021 that I booked before the pandemic.  Since we would have to fly to Venice for this one, we will probably be cancelling, since my DH would not be able to wear the mask for such a very long flight, due to 911 issues.  

I had a June cruise canceled and received a full credit.

I had a November cruise that I L&S to next year.

I have absolutely NO plans to book anything else until cruising starts back up and has been running smoothly for several months.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If our Christmas cruise gets cancelled I will end up converting the FCC’s from our cancelled Anthem sailing into refunds.  It’s going to get problematic with the kids as they will only be travelling at Christmas now.  Still have a huge FCC from Ovation To use up. 

That makes it tricky when you won't always have the same people booked on each cruise.  

38 minutes ago, molly361 said:

3 cruises booked and cancelled.  Took 2 sets of FCC and 1 refund- 

2 FCC's applied but might be getting one back if our December cruise gets cancelled

2 FCC left to apply- and 2 possible coming in December

10 cruises booked

Sorry for all your cancellations. Good at least you have a bunch you can work with.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I have one FCC from my cancelled Nov. TA that I used to book a July 2021 cruise.

I also have a cruise booked for October 2021 that I booked before the pandemic.  Since we would have to fly to Venice for this one, we will probably be cancelling, since my DH would not be able to wear the mask for such a very long flight, due to 911 issues.  

Yeah, definitely many factors coming into play if you cruise...even if Royal starts up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I can see the timing of when and how to apply these FCC's can be tricky.  

That's why I don't have any.

I may get one for March Ovation 

11 cruises booked, one in December 😓

Edited by CSHS1979
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I can see the timing of when and how to apply these FCC's can be tricky.  

Mine is a complicated puzzel...one expires Dec of this year, no 'sail by' mentioned, but cannot be applied to xmas cruise.  Two others must be applied by Dec 31, 2021.  I am double booked on a 2022 cruse but depending on what happens in 2021, I don't want to apply a FCC until we decide which one to keep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

That's why I don't have any.

I may get one for March Ovation 

I got caught up in the extra 25% on my money😇  And that way my TA still makes a few bucks

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4

B2B2B booked for January 2022.  It was shifted from January 2021.  Fortunately all 3 were booked onboard so they're only holding 600.00 of our money for those.

Oct 2020 Jewel Med cruise was shifted to October 2021.  Of course they cancelled it last week - waiting for deposit refund.

Soonest they will get any payments from us is October 2021.  If then.

We are so glad we cruised for 6 weeks last winter, no telling when it will ever be the same.

51 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We are so glad we cruised for 6 weeks last winter, no telling when it will ever be the same.

I feel the same way - we took a cruise in February with 4 generations - the oldest was 95 and the youngest 5.  We will more than likely not be able to ever get this group together again on a ship, so we feel we were blessed to do it before all of the crap hit the fan.

• Like 3

1 fcc rcl, 1 fcc carnival, 6 rcl booked, 1 carnival. 

Took refund on last cruises canc on both carnival and rcl. 1 fcc is hard enough to manage for rcl. Carnival no  as excess ... if prices would quit going up over fcc would convert to more obc. Carnival makes fcc easy.

We have 4 FCC’s from Royal, one from Celebrity. We have 7 future cruises booked, 4 with Royal, 3 with Celebrity—— two are L&S’s. All were originally booked pre-COVID. 

Right now we plan on using the 4 Royal FCC’s on the 4 booked Royal cruises. However, if this goes on much longer, we will convert a couple of the FCC’s to a refund. 

At some point, we will run out of time to use the FCC’s so I’d rather take the $$$$.

mac_tlc

44 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We have 4 FCC’s from Royal, one from Celebrity. We have 7 future cruises booked, 4 with Royal, 3 with Celebrity—— two are L&S’s. All were originally booked pre-COVID. 

Right now we plan on using the 4 Royal FCC’s on the 4 booked Royal cruises. However, if this goes on much longer, we will convert a couple of the FCC’s to a refund. 

At some point, we will run out of time to use the FCC’s so I’d rather take the $$$$.

mac_tlc

Get your money 🙂

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

I assume you can only convert a FCC to a refund if Royal cancelled, right?  i.e. where you had the option to begin with

In our case, we cancelled so only had a choice of FCC.

6 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I assume you can only convert a FCC to a refund if Royal cancelled, right?  i.e. where you had the option to begin with

In our case, we cancelled so only had a choice of FCC.

Yes only if Royal cancelled and I believe you have to request it by the end of this year

• Thanks 1

I have been issued 7 COVID-19 related FCC's for cruise fare and 1 COVID-19 related FCC for cruise planner purchases. I have applied 2 of those FCCs to one future booking (12/7/2020 on Anthem) and 1 of the FCCs to a second future booking (1/4/2021 on Anthem). One of the 2 applied to the 12/7/2020 sailing has a balance of $14.50 that will be reissued 3 weeks after the sail date (I didn't consider the deposit amount didn't fully cover the tax when calculating the total that could come from FCC's vs taxes/fees).

I track all this on a spreadsheet now, especially the various separate refund-to-form-of-payment items like taxes/fees to make sure they do eventually show up.

I really don't expect either of those next 2 booked sailings to go, though if they do I will be there. My next booked cruises aren't until 10/2021, as I decided not to book anything else at this point until some ship somewhere actually started sailing or something became more reliably definite.

• Like 1