Has Crystal Gone Downhill

Here is a link to a non commercial (allegedly) independent rating of Crystal which puts them at number 2 with caveats about the Genting financial situation:

https://cruisetruth.com/latest-ratings-of-worlds-top-ten-cruise-lines/

They apparently don't think Crystal has gone downhill as previous editions had Crystal rated lower.

35 minutes ago, H2O Polo Willie said:

Here is a link to a non commercial (allegedly) independent rating of Crystal which puts them at number 2 with caveats about the Genting financial situation:

https://cruisetruth.com/latest-ratings-of-worlds-top-ten-cruise-lines/

They apparently don't think Crystal has gone downhill as previous editions had Crystal rated lower.

The onboard experience rates high. Still there is a big word of caution due to the financial situation. 
This is how most of us feel at the moment.

Ivi

We have loved Crystal and feel the food, service and entertainment are Exceptional. We cruised last year with both Crystal and Celebrity. The suite experience on Celebrity is extremely nice but Crystal is better

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, I have been convinced to seriously look at options on Crystal. I also agree that only people with really strong opinions tend to post and this results in an over posting of negative comments.

The costs are around 75% more than Celebrity taking all of the included items into account but seems like the experience is better.

From the videos it looks like well spaced tables in restaurants as standard which is good for our requirement of privacy at dinner. Also looked like there were sufficient "younger" people to make the bars and entertainment attractive.

Definitely will be looking at 2021 options.

49 minutes ago, ScotBrit17 said:

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, I have been convinced to seriously look at options on Crystal. I also agree that only people with really strong opinions tend to post and this results in an over posting of negative comments.

The costs are around 75% more than Celebrity taking all of the included items into account but seems like the experience is better.

From the videos it looks like well spaced tables in restaurants as standard which is good for our requirement of privacy at dinner. Also looked like there were sufficient "younger" people to make the bars and entertainment attractive.

Definitely will be looking at 2021 options.

In the end you will be the judge.

My advice is find a Crystal Cruise which works for you and book it.

This is what we did.

Cruises in the summer tend to attract a younger crowd.  

Good luck with this.

Keith

On 10/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, nancygp said:

what a beautiful dog...a schnauzer, correct?  Unfortunately, our precious Malone left us 2 years ago.  He was so special and we miss him terribly.  However, we have great memories and I see his pics pop up on Facebook often.  Not sure when we’ll get another dog but if we do, it will be another rescue dog.

hope our paths will cross in person someday.

best,

Nancy

Absolutely, Nancy. Hope you get a new special buddy very soon and also that we have an opportunity to meet on a future cruise.

We decided to take the FCC option when our cruise was cancelled and have rebooked on the Symphony Athens to Dubai in October 2021. Here's hoping....

28 minutes ago, kool kruiser said:

Absolutely, Nancy. Hope you get a new special buddy very soon and also that we have an opportunity to meet on a future cruise.

We decided to take the FCC option when our cruise was cancelled and have rebooked on the Symphony Athens to Dubai in October 2021. Here's hoping....

thanks!!!

we did something similar for a June 2021 cruise and another one in 2022.  I’m not as optimistic about June 2021 cruise...time will tell!!!

Nancy

On 10/7/2020 at 10:09 AM, nancygp said:

thanks!!!

we did something similar for a June 2021 cruise and another one in 2022.  I’m not as optimistic about June 2021 cruise...time will tell!!!

Nancy

We are still hoping to rebook for 2022 but not 100% . We are waiting to know more about the experience