All Voyages Through 30 November cancelled

Here is the report:

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Announces Extension of Suspension of Voyages

BY GlobeNewswire
— 8:00 AM ET 10/05/2020

MIAMI, Oct. 05, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. ( NCLH) (“Norwegian” or “the Company”) , a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line ( NCLH ), Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today announced an extension of its previously announced suspension of global cruise voyages to include all voyages embarking between November 1 through November 30, 2020 for its three cruise brands. The Company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited.

Guests who are currently booked on cancelled voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line ( NCLH ), Oceania Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises are asked to contact their travel advisor or the cruise line for more information.

Edited by mrlevin

Apparently NCLH didn't coordinate with Oceania and Regent; NCL website updated but not either of other two brands.  I wonder if Regent is also planning to cancel additional Voyager and Explorer itineraries beyond 30 November as was done by NCL.

Marc

With COVID-19 impacting communities and ports around the globe, and after collaboration with local, state, federal and global agencies, we extended our voluntary temporary suspension of voyages worldwide to include sailings embarking through November 30, 2020.

Active reservations on these canceled sailings as of October 5, 2020:

Seven Seas Splendor – November 3, November 13, November 28
Seven Seas Explorer® – November 6, November 28
Seven Seas Voyager® – November 2, November 14
Seven Seas Navigator® – November 15

Guests with active paid in full reservations on these cancelled sailings have been provided with a 100% Future Cruise Credit* of the amount paid plus a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to an existing reservation or any new reservation made within one year for a Regent voyaged departing by December 31, 2022.

Or, if eligible guests prefer a refund rather than the Future Cruise Credits, we will provide these guests with a 100% refund of the amount paid. Refund requests can be submitted via the form below and will be processed within 60 days.

For those of us who have FCC’s to spend, here is today’s discrepancy in policy.  I wish Jason O’Keefe was available to say which one is correct.

Can the Future Cruise Credit value be applied toward more than one reservation?

Yes, the value of the Future Cruise Credit can be applied toward multiple reservations made within one year of the Future Cruise Credit issue date on voyages sailing before December 31, 2022.

https://www.rssc.com/RegentReassuranceFAQ

Q) Can Future Cruise Credits be applied to multiple reservations?

A) No, Future Cruise Credits earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking.

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2020-10/RSSC_VoyageSuspensionFAQ_100520.pdf

They have changed the policy with regard to future cruise credits. It is my understanding that they can be split ONCE if they have not yet been split...otherwise they must be used in full. Please ask your TA for a definitive answer.

You may want to check to see if you can do a "lift and shift" like some of the other cruiselines are doing.    I recently did that with Celebrity and it worked out great.

I would think that Regent would prefer to keep your money and a fully paid booking sometime into the future versus refunding the money.

20 hours ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Yes, the value of the Future Cruise Credit can be applied toward multiple reservations made within one year of the Future Cruise Credit issue date on voyages sailing before December 31, 2022.

The above was yesterday.

Today:

No, Future Cruise Credits earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking.

So basically, the new policy is such that if you take FCC instead of a refund, you must buy a replacement cruise of the same or greater cost.  Or, forfeit part of your cash.

54 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

The above was yesterday.

Today:

No, Future Cruise Credits earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking.

So basically, the new policy is such that if you take FCC instead of a refund, you must buy a replacement cruise of the same or greater cost.  Or, forfeit part of your cash.

You can split it once.

15 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You can split it once.

And yet Regent says you cannot, on 2 different newly released web pages.  Apparently, you need to be a mind reader to know the terms and conditions. Or have a TA who is one.

6 minutes ago, Anchorbuoy said:

And yet Regent says you cannot, on 2 different newly released web pages.  Apparently, you need to be a mind reader to know the terms and conditions. Or have a TA who is one.

You can...call your TA to confirm. This is a very recent change....I got it in writing when I asked for it and was told it is now the correct policy. 

8 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I got it in writing when I asked for it and was told it is now the correct policy. 

Great.  Maybe you can forward a  copy of the "correct policy" to Regent's Webmaster. Then clients who don't read Cruise Critic will be informed.

1 hour ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Does this item in the Regent Reassurance FAQs help?

643559447_Screenshot2020-10-06at15_32_20.thumb.jpg.f833a4970d4c46c1183527bff6315926.jpg

...... or this one in the FCC FAQs

2102278742_Screenshot2020-10-06at15_15_37.thumb.jpg.5646564907707bf6018fea6e0d8242fe.jpg

Both screenshots taken from the Regent UK website today. I don't know if it is the same wording on the US site. Often the same but sometimes subtle, but important differences.

I know that Regent, as with all other cruise lines, is going through very difficult times, but these month by month policy changes are very confusing and are not being explained or communicated well 😕

Tone from the top - if the top executives feel it's important to maintain current and correct communications, it'll get done, I think.  Even if they're negotiating their contracts.

Also assuming policy changes announced on the website have to be run by counsel first? Or need the CEO's sign off?  Or maybe left hand truly has no idea what right hand is doing.  Which, to be fair, is pretty common in general.

I would hope that a policy that is now in effect would be run by counsel before being signed off on......getting on to the website would be about the last step.

I am inclined to give them a pass on some confusion....but I do expect them to keep their word when they make a commitment to something.

If, as FDR says is true, that it takes 60 days to get a laid-up ship ready to sail, then why in dog's name haven't they announced that they're cancelling December as well?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23616-del-rio-at-least-60-days-to-get-a-cruise-ship-ready.html?fbclid=IwAR2soIDVji8KzABhEC8UgW_mTeKAzRr8QvgwsnxP1lAFaqH2q_Cvee_CK70