All Voyages Through 30 November cancelled

31 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

If, as FDR says is true, that it takes 60 days to get a laid-up ship ready to sail, then why in dog's name haven't they announced that they're cancelling December as well?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23616-del-rio-at-least-60-days-to-get-a-cruise-ship-ready.html?fbclid=IwAR2soIDVji8KzABhEC8UgW_mTeKAzRr8QvgwsnxP1lAFaqH2q_Cvee_CK70

Another excellent question for a TA or for Regent. Or perhaps the ships are still ready to go for December. It takes 30 days to recall crew...

Explorer and Voyager itineraries over the next few months are long distance to Asia, Africa, and South America; no way will they go.  Splendour and Navigator already have a number of seven day Miami trips that would work well to start with and Mariner could certainly do additional Caribbean runs.  I sure hope Regent has a plan that they just aren't communicating.

Marc

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

You can...call your TA to confirm. This is a very recent change....I got it in writing when I asked for it and was told it is now the correct policy. 

My TA received an email from Regent today that had the following quote:

“Can Guests book several sailings with one Future Cruise Credit?
- Effective September 24, 2020, our policy was updated and FCCs earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking. For all updated information, please visit Regent Forward”.

Regent Forward has a Future Cruise Credit FAQ sheet for travel agents that states:     Effective: October 5, 2020

9.What happens if the cost of the booking is less than the Future Cruise Credit?

A new FCC will be issued for the balance which will remain in the guest profile to be used before the expiration date.

10.What happens if the cost of the booking is more than the value of the Future Cruise Credit?

Guests will have to pay for the difference.

11.Can guests book several sailings with one Future Cruise Credit?

No, FCC’s earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking.

Please note that item #9 contradicts item #11.   Being a mind reader, I believe both items “might” be correct.  Item #11 “might” mean that you cannot split FCC’s when one, or both, new bookings have not been paid 100%.  i.e., you cannot put half of your FCC on one new booking and the remainder on another.

1 hour ago, Anchorbuoy said:

Effective September 24, 2020, our policy was updated and FCCs earned off one booking may only be applied against another singular booking.

So, if an FCC was issued by Regent prior to the Sept 24 rule change presumably it can be split between more than one booking? ......... or is the rule change retrospective?

41 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

So, if an FCC was issued by Regent prior to the Sept 24 rule change presumably it can be split between more than one booking? ......... or is the rule change retrospective?

I think it is retroactive....and the 100% portion can be split once.

I know that comparing Crystal to Regent ruffles some feathers but I think it is sometimes useful to compare similar (more ruffling) products or in this case, communications to their customers. Here’s what Crystal is saying about future cruises:

Crystal has canceled all ocean, river and yacht sailings for the remainder of 2020. Sailings are expected to resume with the Jan 3, 2021 sailing of Crystal Esprit. Crystal's first scheduled river cruise departure is the March 26, 2021 voyage aboard Crystal Bach.”

So why can’t Regent be more forthcoming with their cancellation communication. We all know that there won’t be any 2020 (and maybe early 2021) cruises so just say so instead of playing games with their customers. In Crystal’s case they are saying that only their yacht cruising will start up early 2021.

9 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

I know that comparing Crystal to Regent ruffles some feathers but I think it is sometimes useful

At the risk of adding fuel to the fire, I can't resist pointing out that Crystal still has not cancelled their 2021 World Cruise.  Their last Ocean cancellations were on July 31.  The chance that the world cruise can sail as scheduled is vanishingly small, since many of the ports it is to visit will still be closed.  At least Regent has pulled the plug on its 2021 World Cruise, some time ago.  There are kudos and complaints for both lines, more complaints than kudos at the moment.