Jump to content

Update from NCL, Oct 5th. Suspended sailing extensions.


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, BSR said:

I also received the letter that my cruise is cancelled.

Whatever you do ... do not rebook your cruise. Once you do they will refuse a refund. Even if they cancel the cruise themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, raschueller said:

Whatever you do ... do not rebook your cruise. Once you do they will refuse a refund. Even if they cancel the cruise themselves.

Is this something new?  In the past you had an option for a FCC or full refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You ONLY get a FCC. We had a booked cruise in April. We called for a refund. They talked us into a HIGHLY upgraded cruise in July. We thought what the risk. Asked about the refund if the new cruise was cancelled. he said NO PROBLEM> turn it in within 90 days.

 

We were just told that they will not refund the funds and we are headed to small claims court. If you really want the skinny on the whole thing talk to Sonja at Norwegian. Her extension is 23969. Once you rebook the money is THEIRS FOREVER. According to them...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raschueller said:

You ONLY get a FCC. We had a booked cruise in April. We called for a refund. They talked us into a HIGHLY upgraded cruise in July. We thought what the risk. Asked about the refund if the new cruise was cancelled. he said NO PROBLEM> turn it in within 90 days.

 

We were just told that they will not refund the funds and we are headed to small claims court. If you really want the skinny on the whole thing talk to Sonja at Norwegian. Her extension is 23969. Once you rebook the money is THEIRS FOREVER. According to them...

 

 

Following this thread...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, roger001 said:

My opinion...jerks!   Only two days ago they were taking payment in full on numerous cruises to be sailed out of Miami in November.  This isn't something that they flipped a coin on yesterday.  

The final decision was made this morning.  Up until then it was go as planned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raschueller said:

You ONLY get a FCC. We had a booked cruise in April. We called for a refund. They talked us into a HIGHLY upgraded cruise in July. We thought what the risk. Asked about the refund if the new cruise was cancelled. he said NO PROBLEM> turn it in within 90 days.

 

We were just told that they will not refund the funds and we are headed to small claims court. If you really want the skinny on the whole thing talk to Sonja at Norwegian. Her extension is 23969. Once you rebook the money is THEIRS FOREVER. According to them...

 

 


You have no claim for court.  When you have a cruise canceled and you personally choose to take the FCC, that closes that transaction and it is a done deal.  When you use the FCC to book a new cruise, it is a completely different transaction and if that cruise gets canceled (as with everyone else) you get refunded to the original form of payment.  For that cruise it was FCC so you get back FCC.  Don't waste your time and money in court.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BSR said:

Is this something new?  In the past you had an option for a FCC or full refund.

 

The refund is to the original form of payment FOR THAT CRUISE.  Do if you paid with FCC you get back FCC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, but where have you been hiding.....they've been doing this every month approximately since April, so not a knew phenomenon!?

 

A what phenomenon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Comi.uy said:

Probably a lot of people ... like me... paid for these cruises with FCC already. I was expecting the extra 25% bonus, freaking cheap ncl ...

 

You already got the 25% bonus when you opted for the FCC initially.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoCruiseFan said:

 

The refund is to the original form of payment FOR THAT CRUISE.  Do if you paid with FCC you get back FCC.

That's what I thought. You can still get a full refund if you paid with cash. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoCruiseFan said:

 

You already got the 25% bonus when you opted for the FCC initially.

Despite your line that is not the way it was represented. So you can say what you will but I actually have texts that assured me that we would be able to get our original money back. So in actuality we do have a case, and I do not know where you have been, but I have actually been working and not stalking cruise boards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

 

The refund is to the original form of payment FOR THAT CRUISE.  Do if you paid with FCC you get back FCC.

I paid the original cruise with my money. So really do not need your feedback. DESPITE your abuse of the ENGLISH language and your USE of RANDOM capital letters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:


You have no claim for court.  When you have a cruise canceled and you personally choose to take the FCC, that closes that transaction and it is a done deal.  When you use the FCC to book a new cruise, it is a completely different transaction and if that cruise gets canceled (as with everyone else) you get refunded to the original form of payment.  For that cruise it was FCC so you get back FCC.  Don't waste your time and money in court.

First. And let me make this abundantly clear. You have no stake in my case. You have no say in my case. And finally and most importantly the point of the post was to let others know. Again, this is not your province to decide. Further I have an email and a text line where I SPECIFICALLY asked about this at the time of the rebook in April.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BSR said:

That's what I thought. You can still get a full refund if you paid with cash. 

 

Not if you rebook,. If you rebook then they consider the NEW cruise an FCC cruise. And then the money is theirs. According to them. However, for us small claims court is cheap and they frown on no shows. So they can hire a lawyer and burn the time money and bad press.

 

 

Edited by raschueller
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

 

You already got the 25% bonus when you opted for the FCC initially.

True, but that doesnt matter.

If I book another cruise, make all sort of reservations, ask for the time off and prepare our schedule for a vacation AND ncl then decides to cancel expecting a extra 25% is totally reasonable, moreover if I dont even have the option for a refund now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:


You have no claim for court.  When you have a cruise canceled and you personally choose to take the FCC, that closes that transaction and it is a done deal.  When you use the FCC to book a new cruise, it is a completely different transaction and if that cruise gets canceled (as with everyone else) you get refunded to the original form of payment.  For that cruise it was FCC so you get back FCC.  Don't waste your time and money in court.

 I have to believe that they might have a claim and they might win. Theory would be breach of contract.

 

Using my own issues, I had a $10,000 cruise cancelled in March. The deal was get a refund to original form of payment or opt for 125%FCC and use it to book another cruise by 12/31/2022.

I booked 7 cruises and all 7 including New Zealand b2b2b2b in February 2021 have been cancelled.

 So the agreement was to book another, I did 7 times, and they cancelled, so they breached the agreement. What if they don't sail till 2023?   Why does all the FCC go back to my account and the extra 25% has an expiration of March 2021?  How can you expire my extra 25% when I booked 7 and you cancelled all 7?

 I do have 2 booked for 11/2021 and 4 for 1/2023 but have not applied any FCC to it while I await info from the State regarding expiration's.

 

Steve

Poster going to court..... When you show up, ask for 2nd call ( you might be waiting for a witness, mayby not). Makes them wait another hour or two. Never agree to an extension as they will say they were just assigned to this case.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ldgiff said:

Where were these cruises on the Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn that were cancelled through March going? Were they mostly Caribbean?

Mine were doing a Europe cruise then a transatlantic from Portugal to Argentina

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ldgiff said:

Where were these cruises on the Norwegian Star, Norwegian Spirit, and Norwegian Dawn that were cancelled through March going? Were they mostly Caribbean?


Spirit and Dawn were supposed to cruise in the Med thru the winter (until April), and Star was supposed to go over to South America to spend winter there. 
 

Since the US citizens are banned from flying to Europe (and possibly South America - please correct me), so it makes sense for NCL to cool-lay up those 3 ships until next spring. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hamrag said:

Indeed, but where have you been hiding.....they've been doing this every month approximately since April, so not a knew phenomenon!?

Ummmm....let me think.   Oh yea!   I remember!   I've been mentioning this off and on each month since about April. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, roger001 said:

My opinion...jerks!   Only two days ago they were taking payment in full on numerous cruises to be sailed out of Miami in November.  This isn't something that they flipped a coin on yesterday.  

Blame the President for getting sick and loading the VP up with campaign appearances. Lacking approval from the postponed meeting with the White House, they could not resume operations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Blame the President for getting sick and loading the VP up with campaign appearances. Lacking approval from the postponed meeting with the White House, they could not resume operations. 

In my opinion...and you know how that is...we all got one.....no way in hell did NCL on Oct 1st think they would have a ship ready for, and all the restrictive conditions met, and ports' approvals, crew and such by November 2nd, only four weeks later.   Not in their wildest dreams.  My opinion.  A meeting with Pence would not have unlocked the door that day.  It would have only...maybe...allowed preparation to go forward to meet conditions.  Wheels don't spin that fast.  Ooops....opinion here again of course.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

 

You must really love cruising around NZ! B2b2b2b....wow! (good for you).

It was actually a repo cruise NZ,NZ to Australia, to French Polynesia and then to Hawaii on the Jewel.

Steve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

It was actually a repo cruise NZ,NZ to Australia, to French Polynesia and then to Hawaii on the Jewel.

Steve.

 

Exactly the cruise I would like to do (I'm newly retired so I have the time available). I'm jealous, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...