Alaska via Encore August 22, 2021

15 hours ago, DisneyTripper said:

We are booked and praying 🙏🏼 The world is back to normal! Anyone else?

The world will not be back to normal by August. It will be years for that to happen. That being said, we have an Alaska cruise booked on RCL in May. And a western Caribbean on NCL in April. 

The Encore is a beautiful ship, newest in the NCL fleet and purpose built for Alaska (like her sisters the Bliss and Joy). Big Observation Lounge. Heated outside dining (we had lovely al fresco dining on the Joy to Alaska last year and the Bliss the year before). Heated

pools. 

We did a live post from the inaugural Encore out of Miami last thanksgiving on the link below. 

You are not alone...we have an August Breakaway booked from Miami.  St Thomas, Tortola and GSC.  We have been there before so we figured if why not and if we can't wander on our own we will just stay onboard.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 10:53 AM, DisneyTripper said:

We are booked and praying 🙏🏼 The world is back to normal! Anyone else?

We have a group booked in July....Booked for over a year. Keeping fingers crossed we sail. 

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

With the new vaccine news, I'd say July 2021 is looking pretty good. JMO, please don't flame me...

I'd expect the vaccine to be available for most by late spring, think June, so yes, I agree it might be a go.

@farmersfight no flame but I do see a small light at the end of the tunnel.... wait, is that a flame?  🤣

Personally I just hope the vaccine changes the 7 day sail rule, our Alaska September next year is 9 days and therefore falls outside the 7 day limit for US cruises.
I just hope the vaccine allows that 7 day rule to be relaxed before the cruise gets altered/cancelled.

I fear that rule could be with us for a while until thigs start to get back to normal.

"Normal" is a ways away. There are a non-trivial number of international travelers on every cruise. Th vaccine would have to be available worldwide and people would have to actually take it to make a change to cruise restrictions. Our local news had a poll last night regarding the vaccine and after the news yesterday, over 60% said that they would refuse to take the vaccine. 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

"Normal" is a ways away. There are a non-trivial number of international travelers on every cruise. Th vaccine would have to be available worldwide and people would have to actually take it to make a change to cruise restrictions. Our local news had a poll last night regarding the vaccine and after the news yesterday, over 60% said that they would refuse to take the vaccine. 

That is the worry but it was suggested on the our news this morning some activities like air/cruise travel could require a vaccine "passport".

17 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I'd expect the vaccine to be available for most by late spring, think June, so yes, I agree it might be a go.

@farmersfight no flame but I do see a small light at the end of the tunnel.... wait, is that a flame?  🤣

Ouch....it burns! It burns!, 😜 Yeah, my original guess was by mid April the vaccine will be available to everybody, so our guess is close if you're saying late spring. I'm pretty confident that the poster's July cruise will be a "green light".

Btw, it looks like my monitor for my desk top computer is OOC, so I'm now using my phone to post this. Looks like its time for a new monitor. 💻

10 hours ago, libtrek said:

We booked Bliss to Alaska for September 2021. I hope they make you show proof of a vaccine.

With the good news on vaccine(s), I think you're in good shape for September 2021. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Btw, what part of Michigan's thumb? I'm on the back edge of "the mitten", in Muskegon.

7 hours ago, libtrek said:

In Imlay. Muskegon? The back edge indeed.

Lol, it's not that bad. I like the fast ferry connection (Lake Express) to Milwaukee, so the "big city" is only a 2.5 hr Lake Michigan crossing away.

I see you're not too far from Port Huron. We have family friends who live in Port Huron. I was born in Grosse Pointe and spent the first part of my young life in Flat Rock.

Enough "Michigander" talk...sorry for hijacking this thread.

2 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Lol, it's not that bad. I like the fast ferry connection (Lake Express) to Milwaukee, so the "big city" is only a 2.5 hr Lake Michigan crossing away.

I see you're not too far from Port Huron. We have family friends who live in Port Huron. I was born in Grosse Pointe and spent the first part of my young life in Flat Rock.

Enough "Michigander" talk...sorry for hijacking this thread.