Africa Questions

jhenry1

We are booked in Dec of next year on the Africa cruise as we had to move from this year in Dec.  We are in Durban overnight but we arrive at 5p.m. on the first day.  Regent has shore excursions listed for that day but I seriously doubt that  there will be any excursions as we arrive late.  Anyone of you who have been on this cruise and arrived in Durban late  have any feed back on this.  Also if you have overnighted in Durban is it safe to go out for dinner somewhere and if so do you have any suggestions.  Also what do you suggest doing while in Durban?  Any feed back will be really helpful.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:05 AM, phillipahain said:

Do not recommend going out in the evening in Durban ...enjoy dinner on the ship is by far the best option 

I agree with the above advice.  However, I think you should be able to take a taxi to the following:

The Oyster Box

2 Lighthouse Road, Umhlanga Rocks 4319 South Africa

It has an excellent restaurant and a fabulous wine list if you enjoy South African wines.  It is a fifteen minutes from the main airport but I don't know how far from the cruise port.  It is the best hotel in Durban and is on the beach.

Bill

5 hours ago, ssawjo said:

I agree with the above advice.  However, I think you should be able to take a taxi to the following:

The Oyster Box

2 Lighthouse Road, Umhlanga Rocks 4319 South Africa

It has an excellent restaurant and a fabulous wine list if you enjoy South African wines.  It is a fifteen minutes from the main airport but I don't know how far from the cruise port.  It is the best hotel in Durban and is on the beach.

Bill

We spent three days there while touring the Durban area battlefields. It is a beautiful hotel and the food and service is good.