Letter of Employment Sent to Waiter on Navigator of the Seas. Looks Like Short Sailings Are A Go November 1st.

A friend who is a Waiter on Navigator of the Seas, Facebook Messengered me a copy of his Letter of Employment to return to the Navigator of the Seas on October 25th.  Looks likes short sailings from Miami are a go on November 1st.  Anyone else heard from crew members?

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No way; no how, will there be November 1st, 2020 sailings 

Agreed;HOWEVER, what will be done is what Richard Fain has already stated in his October 5th video, employee only trail runs to test out the new protocols. But you're absolutely correct. It is IMPOSSIBLE for paying guests to start cruises on November 1st. , which is less than 4 weeks away. There's the whole issue of TESTING ALL GUESTS.

30 minutes ago, julesbeara said:

A friend who is a Waiter on Navigator of the Seas, Facebook Messengered me a copy of his Letter of Employment to return to the Navigator of the Seas on October 25th.  Looks likes short sailings from Miami are a go on November 1st.  Anyone else heard from crew members?

And then they will have to quarantine for 2 weeks , then test sailings....which makes starting up Nov 1 pretty much impossible.  More likely a End November or Early December start up.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Just now, drsel said:

MSC, Costa, TUI Cruises are running in Europe for 3 to 4 weeks already

Yes we all know that, and we all know of the protocols those cruiselines are following (Testing, MASKS, cruiseline shore excursions only) all which makes paying crusies impossible for November 1st.

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes we all know that, and we all know of the protocols those cruiselines are following (Testing, MASKS, cruiseline shore excursions only) all which makes paying crusies impossible for November 1st.

Why do you feel any of those would delay the start of cruising?

I don’t think it will start Nov 1 either but for an entirely different reason.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

It is one thing to get ready, it is another that they do it.

Given the rising cases and positive testing statistics in Florida of > 10% that is crazy.

To travel into a place and then get on a floating petri for 3-5 days with those statistics and wonder if you'll come out with something nothing worse than the flu is like taking a six shooter and filling one chamber, spinning it and firing it off at your toe, and say hey I still got my other leg, LOL

Which goes back to the saying, "If you do not want to take a chance of getting Covid, then STAY HOME".  Why are we so quick to tell people they cannot live the life they want.  Take a chance means you might either pass it on to someone else taking the same chance or getting it from someone.

19 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

It is one thing to get ready, it is another that they do it.

Given the rising cases and positive testing statistics in Florida of > 10% that is crazy.

To travel into a place and then get on a floating petri for 3-5 days with those statistics and wonder if you'll come out with something nothing worse than the flu is like taking a six shooter and filling one chamber, spinning it and firing it off at your toe, and say hey I still got my other leg, LOL

You should have your CC account closed for using the “floating petri dish” metaphor 

From the articles I read Nov. 1st was not a firm re-opening date.  Cruise lines met with Coronavirus task force last Wednesday, Sept 30th, the day NSO was set to expire.  CDC requested NSO be extended 5 months thru Feburary.  Pence instead extended one month with understanding the group would reconvene  last Friday to go over re-opening plans in detail and decide if further extension is warranted.  That meeting was cancelled due to Trump illness and who knows if group will get together prior to election.  Expect on 11/1 we'll get another one month extension.

Also consider if NSO is being lifted 11/1 why did NCL just cancel all their November sailings?

Edited by Baron Barracuda
1 hour ago, julesbeara said:

Screenshot or it didn't happen!  There's been so many rumors started by threads like this!

I called RCI to inquire on another early November sailing and they could not give me any information on the Covid testing -- where, how, timeline etc. This and the fact that NCL has cancelled all their November sailings leads me to believe that a November restart will not happen.  If they do sail in November it will probably be a crew only dry run. 

1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

I live in Florida, so apparently my choices are to be on a ship with people who have been in the area with “those statistics” or go to Wal Mart and Publix and Home Depot with people who live in the area with “those statistics”.  With all of the procedures being put into place by the cruise lines and the absolute importance to the future of the industry that those procedures be adhered to, I think my chances of staying healthy would be better on a ship.

This reminds me of my sister from Virginia, whose DIL is an ER physician.  She is fine with being around the daughter-in-law, son, and grandchildren in their home for eight hours at a time, but after they vacationed in Florida for four days, my sister would not go to their home for two weeks.  ER is fine, but Florida has cooties?  

8 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I live in Florida, so apparently my choices are to be on a ship with people who have been in the area with “those statistics” or go to Wal Mart and Publix and Home Depot with people who live in the area with “those statistics”.  With all of the procedures being put into place by the cruise lines and the absolute importance to the future of the industry that those procedures be adhered to, I think my chances of staying healthy would be better on a ship.

This reminds me of my sister from Virginia, whose DIL is an ER physician.  She is fine with being around the daughter-in-law, son, and grandchildren in their home for eight hours at a time, but after they vacationed in Florida for four days, my sister would not go to their home for two weeks.  ER is fine, but Florida has cooties?  

Does she wear PPE in the ER?

According to CC -- Navigator to do some test runs out of Miami in November.

"(3 p.m. EDT) -- There is some evidence that Royal Caribbean could be readying Navigator of the Seas for a series of test cruises this fall out of Miami, the first step in the line's resumption of sailing.

The first sign that Royal Caribbean might be gradually starting to re-crew Navigator of the Seas shows up on the 

, which shows Navigator of the Seas tying up in port from October 15 to October 19, and again from October 24 to 28.

During each stay, the ship will briefly move terminals, first from Terminal A to Terminal D on the evening of October 17; and from Terminal A to Terminal G during the ship's second stay in Miami on the evening of October 26.

Navigator of the Seas then leaves Miami until November 2, 2020 -- which would coincide with the ship's first previously-scheduled sailing to the Bahamas, according to the Royal Caribbean website.

Second, Cruise Critic members are beginning to report that friends of theirs who work for Royal Caribbean are getting orders to report to Navigator of the Seas at the end of October.

"My RC friend (in Food and Beveragee) just received travel orders to fly to Miami on 10/25 and report to Navigator on 10/26," writes ljason913 on Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean board."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5647

Edited by livingonthebeach