December 2020 cruise--Are you booked and planning to make final payment?

GINNY L

On 10/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, anyman said:

We are booked on the Sun out of Port Canaveral on Dec 9th. Still haven't made final payment, which is due in 4 days, but am leaning to doing it.

and we did it. Hope we go, tired of having to change cruises.

Al

15 hours ago, BrCaSurvivor said:

We just made our final payment for the Epic Dec 13-20 sailing today.  It took us 6 months, and about 20 phone calls, to get our cash back for our cruise that was cancelled in March.  

That is the same sailing as us.  Our cruise was also cancelled in March.  We were booked for the second week of the start of all of the cancellations.  Therefore, we received some great perks since it was nine days prior to sailing.  We have an aft cabin for this cruise.

36 minutes ago, back40rebel said:

We are booked and paid final payment for dec 3rd on the Jade. Hope it goes on, I'm optimistic, maybe to a fault.

I hope you go also.  If they cancel all of December, I wonder when we will be told.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jljlinda said:

We made our final payment a few days ago for the Dec 12, 2020 sailing of the NCL Escape.  Our adult daughters are concerned for our health but we are looking forward to our sailing!

I made final payment on our December 13th Epic sailing.  Ever since I made final payment I have been getting notifications every day about upgrading.  That never happened before.  It was an occasional reminder about upgrading but not everyday.  I am afraid that they will take my bid then cancel the cruise soon after.  Usually they wait until a few days before sailing to notify if your bid was accepted or not.  However, I feel this time it wont be like that.  But I think if it does sail I have a great chance of moving up to the haven.

First time on Epic and I know there are a lot of bad stuff about that ship but it had the itinerary I wanted for an awesome price.

4 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

I made final payment on our December 13th Epic sailing.  Ever since I made final payment I have been getting notifications every day about upgrading.  That never happened before.  It was an occasional reminder about upgrading but not everyday.  I am afraid that they will take my bid then cancel the cruise soon after.  Usually they wait until a few days before sailing to notify if your bid was accepted or not.  However, I feel this time it wont be like that.  But I think if it does sail I have a great chance of moving up to the haven.

First time on Epic and I know there are a lot of bad stuff about that ship but it had the itinerary I wanted for an awesome price.

The only bad stuff is the look of it and the strange bathroom/shower set up in cabins.  

You just need to get used to the shower on one side, the toilet on the other side and sink in cabin.

• Like 1

My final payment for the Feb 2021Bliss Panama Canal cruise is due. I told my TA I wil not pay. I personally do not believe CRUISING will start before next summer. Maybe I am pessimistic.

Just read the current trend of C19 and it is not 'rounding the curve.' Many states are hitting new highs.

Europe is increasing in cases. 

MSC and Costa have possible cases on their cruises now. 

JMO!

Stay Safe!

6 minutes ago, Oxo said:

My final payment for the Feb 2021Bliss Panama Canal cruise is due. I told my TA I wil not pay. I personally do not believe CRUISING will start before next summer. Maybe I am pessimistic.

Just read the current trend of C19 and it is not 'rounding the curve.' Many states are hitting new highs.

Europe is increasing in cases. 

MSC and Costa have possible cases on their cruises now. 

JMO!

Stay Safe!

I have a feeling that whatever big announcement that Royal is going to have next week, Norwegian is going to follow.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:18 AM, GINNY L said:

I hope you go also.  If they cancel all of December, I wonder when we will be told.

NCL announces the cancellation of November cruises on 5th Oct.

If they are going to cancel the December cruises, I guess they will announce this in the first week of November.

3 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

NCL announces the cancellation of November cruises on 5th Oct.

If they are going to cancel the December cruises, I guess they will announce this in the first week of November.

Probably.  If they do it later then that you will have lots of upset people.  I know when I put my vacation time in, I usually can't cancel it with only a few weeks ahead of time.  Not good for the people they have to work my shifts in the ER.

• Like 1

Sorry to be a Debby-Downer but this is my two cents .... 

Last round of cruise cancellations (on Oct 5th) yielded either 100% cash refund or 100% + only 10% FCCs. No more 100% + 25%.

On NCL.com the December (and January) cruises still have the Risk-free Cancellation star attached to the fares. If you cancel a cruise that you have fully paid for you'll get FCC, no cash refund. If NCL cancels the cruise you get either 100% cash refund or 110% FCC.

Latter half of December (and beginning of January) cruises are often FULL - great many families (with kids, of course) and they are often booked to near capacity a year or so before. I bet most cabins were already booked before the Covid hit the fan. Now, the cruise lines are implementing plans to start cruises with partial capacity (which means probably all balcony cabins, no insides or ocean view cabins) ... so you'll need to imagine the holy catastrophe if NCL (and other cruise lines) decide to restart the holiday cruises .... on ships with full capacity. They can cancel a lot of people's holidays and not others ... but .... 😮

I understand there are many people desperate to be back on the cruise ships, the sooner the better, but there's thin ice ...  

Again, this is my 2 cents ... we did book a couple of short cruises, two hotel stays for December/beg. January in both Norway and Denmark - we booked them before the Covid mess started - but we've now cancelled them as we will not fly via USA or UK to NO and DK. 

I'm in Bermuda and we live in a safe bubble. Yes, flights have resumed between the USA/UK and Bermuda, but there are strict protocols in place for travellers (and also returning residents). They need negative pre-travel test and they get tested on arrival to island and again on days 4, 8 and 14. We've had several positive Covid cases in the last several months and they all were imported. They got contained (quarantine with monitoring wrist bracelets). The pre-travel tests can be negative but in a few cases they turned positive on arrival. And in some other cases, both can be negative but the Day 4 test show up positive. People here have been so cooperative about wearing masks going to stores, etc. No mask, don't come in. 

Please stay safe and WELL! 😷😷

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Last round of cruise cancellations (on Oct 5th) yielded either 100% cash refund or 100% + only 10% FCCs. No more 100% + 25%.

Incorrect. In the last round of cruise cancellations (announced on 5th Oct, cancelling the November sailings), everybody* receive 100% cash refund + 10% discount coupon for the next cruise. The 10% is not FCC. No FCC is offered anymore in that round.

[* To be accurate, some people may not be eligible for refund because their reservations were booked by FCCs. Then they can only receive the original FCCs which can be re-used again in another new reservation.]

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I'm in Bermuda and we live in a safe bubble. Yes, flights have resumed between the USA/UK and Bermuda, but there are strict protocols in place for travellers (and also returning residents). They need negative pre-travel test and they get tested on arrival to island and again on days 4, 8 and 14. We've had several positive Covid cases in the last several months and they all were imported. They got contained (quarantine with monitoring wrist bracelets). The pre-travel tests can be negative but in a few cases they turned positive on arrival. And in some other cases, both can be negative but the Day 4 test show up positive. People here have been so cooperative about wearing masks going to stores, etc. No mask, don't come in. 

Please stay safe and WELL! 😷😷

I love your island.  It is the most cleanest island that I have been to.  I am hoping to go back there with my daughter in May for her college graduation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Couple of questions someone may know the answer to.

I also got the good deal of 125% FCC and 20% discount from a cancelled March 2020 cruise. Have rebooked for last day of January and into February 2021. I have no idea if this will be cancelled or not, but am exploring my options.

Final payment is just $138 and is for the gratuities on the drink package. If I cancel the drink package my balance would be $0 (would have a positive FCC balance). If this cruise does happen to go, could I add the drink package back on prior to sailing since it was part of the booking promotion even if this promo is not available at the time? Not opposed to waiting to see if this will sail, but am not interested in putting down more cash.

Second question. If the current cancellation offer is 100% cash back and a 10% discount for a future booking for those paid with cash but not for those paid with FCC, do those booked with FCC get the 125% back or does it revert back to 100% - what you originally paid. Do those paid with FCC get the 10% discount on a future cruise? Know there is not an option to get the cash back once I have accepted the FCC.

14 hours ago, vswan said:

Couple of questions someone may know the answer to.

I also got the good deal of 125% FCC and 20% discount from a cancelled March 2020 cruise. Have rebooked for last day of January and into February 2021. I have no idea if this will be cancelled or not, but am exploring my options.

Final payment is just $138 and is for the gratuities on the drink package. If I cancel the drink package my balance would be $0 (would have a positive FCC balance). If this cruise does happen to go, could I add the drink package back on prior to sailing since it was part of the booking promotion even if this promo is not available at the time? Not opposed to waiting to see if this will sail, but am not interested in putting down more cash.

Second question. If the current cancellation offer is 100% cash back and a 10% discount for a future booking for those paid with cash but not for those paid with FCC, do those booked with FCC get the 125% back or does it revert back to 100% - what you originally paid. Do those paid with FCC get the 10% discount on a future cruise? Know there is not an option to get the cash back once I have accepted the FCC.

First question

Could I add the drink package back on prior to sailing since it was part of the booking promotion even if this promo is not available at the time?

- Yes you can (unless later you change the booking to a new fare and new promotion which does not include the drink package)

Second question

Do those booked with FCC get the 125% back or does it revert back to 100% - what you originally paid?

- They get the 125% back

Do those paid with FCC get the 10% discount on a future cruise?

- Yes, they will also get the 10% discount coupon

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

First question

Could I add the drink package back on prior to sailing since it was part of the booking promotion even if this promo is not available at the time?

- Yes you can (unless later you change the booking to a new fare and new promotion which does not include the drink package)

Second question

Do those booked with FCC get the 125% back or does it revert back to 100% - what you originally paid?

- They get the 125% back

Do those paid with FCC get the 10% discount on a future cruise?

- Yes, they will also get the 10% discount coupon

I was wondering about the 125%.  I booked this cruise and another cruise with the 125% and 20% off.  My cruise in December for an Aft balcony and five perks cost a total of $2000 for the both of us.  My two week cruise leaving from Tahiti and going to Hawaii for a balcony cabin and five perks cost me $5000 total for the two of us.  If these cruise cancel, I probably will never get those deals again.  

48 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

I was wondering about the 125%.  I booked this cruise and another cruise with the 125% and 20% off.  My cruise in December for an Aft balcony and five perks cost a total of $2000 for the both of us.  My two week cruise leaving from Tahiti and going to Hawaii for a balcony cabin and five perks cost me $5000 total for the two of us.  If these cruise cancel, I probably will never get those deals again.  

Yes... Unfortunately NCL does not have any price protection if you rebook to similar cruises in the next season (Royal Caribbean has the "Lift & Shift" offer). Also, now there is no more 20% off coupons (which were offered when they cancelled the cruises last year or in early 2020, if my memory is correct).

Don't be surprised if there are late December sailings that are not at full capacity...

I had three club suites booked for the December 26th Escape, first booked in mid-2019.  Eagerly anticipated a wonderful family holiday cruise, despite the fact that the fare was close to double what I would normally pay for a 7-night cruise.

When considering that the start-up date kept pushing back, I decided that spending $15k for a cruise that might only be the 3rd or 4th one out since the start up was NOT a good spend of that kind of coin.  I had a vision for this trip despite it's high cost, and I'm not willing to risk it being anything less than what I want.  We cancelled in August.

9 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Don't be surprised if there are late December sailings that are not at full capacity...

I had three club suites booked for the December 26th Escape, first booked in mid-2019.  Eagerly anticipated a wonderful family holiday cruise, despite the fact that the fare was close to double what I would normally pay for a 7-night cruise.

When considering that the start-up date kept pushing back, I decided that spending $15k for a cruise that might only be the 3rd or 4th one out since the start up was NOT a good spend of that kind of coin.  I had a vision for this trip despite it's high cost, and I'm not willing to risk it being anything less than what I want.  We cancelled in August.

I would have done the same.  My cruise in on December 13, 2020 and I paid $2000 for everything for the two of us.  Willing to sacrifice that money for a cruise in December but I would not do $15000

44 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes... Unfortunately NCL does not have any price protection if you rebook to similar cruises in the next season (Royal Caribbean has the "Lift & Shift" offer). Also, now there is no more 20% off coupons (which were offered when they cancelled the cruises last year or in early 2020, if my memory is correct).

I did not know that Royal is doing that.  That would be awesome if Norwegian does it.  I think they would get more people booking their cruise if they did.

• Like 1