December 2020 cruise--Are you booked and planning to make final payment?

GINNY L

On 10/17/2020 at 11:55 AM, bluesea777 said:

Sorry to be a Debby-Downer but this is my two cents .... 

Last round of cruise cancellations (on Oct 5th) yielded either 100% cash refund or 100% + only 10% FCCs. No more 100% + 25%.

On NCL.com the December (and January) cruises still have the Risk-free Cancellation star attached to the fares. If you cancel a cruise that you have fully paid for you'll get FCC, no cash refund. If NCL cancels the cruise you get either 100% cash refund or 110% FCC.

Latter half of December (and beginning of January) cruises are often FULL - great many families (with kids, of course) and they are often booked to near capacity a year or so before. I bet most cabins were already booked before the Covid hit the fan. Now, the cruise lines are implementing plans to start cruises with partial capacity (which means probably all balcony cabins, no insides or ocean view cabins) ... so you'll need to imagine the holy catastrophe if NCL (and other cruise lines) decide to restart the holiday cruises .... on ships with full capacity. They can cancel a lot of people's holidays and not others ... but .... 😮

I understand there are many people desperate to be back on the cruise ships, the sooner the better, but there's thin ice ...  

Again, this is my 2 cents ... we did book a couple of short cruises, two hotel stays for December/beg. January in both Norway and Denmark - we booked them before the Covid mess started - but we've now cancelled them as we will not fly via USA or UK to NO and DK. 

I'm in Bermuda and we live in a safe bubble. Yes, flights have resumed between the USA/UK and Bermuda, but there are strict protocols in place for travellers (and also returning residents). They need negative pre-travel test and they get tested on arrival to island and again on days 4, 8 and 14. We've had several positive Covid cases in the last several months and they all were imported. They got contained (quarantine with monitoring wrist bracelets). The pre-travel tests can be negative but in a few cases they turned positive on arrival. And in some other cases, both can be negative but the Day 4 test show up positive. People here have been so cooperative about wearing masks going to stores, etc. No mask, don't come in. 

Please stay safe and WELL! 😷😷

Oh my I am so jealous would love to live in Bermuda so beautiful there.