Jump to content

(29) December 2020 Itineraries still about to book


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, spyro1952 said:

Doesn’t look like Princess or Carnival cruising will start anytime soon due to judge’s order for 60 day halt from US ports for continued environmental violations.

You are correct. If anyone wants to read the whole article go to channnel 10 news Miami. I cut and pasted it and sent it to my Princess travel planner yesterday. Mickey Arienson (not sure spelled correct) who owns Carnival also owns the Miami Heat and he comes off as a cool dude but is not. He is always in our news down here in South Florida for something. So they brought this on themselves by not abiding by the rules. The article tells all they did from dumping waste into the ocean, to garbage to oily products and more

Kathy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled our Sky Princess cruise on 12/28 to ABC islands before final payment (heartbreaking).

I know we would have gotten cruise credit but as we weren’t out that much, I figured the money was better in my account rather than theirs .  
We’ll book again when it’s safe.  No way I’m wearing a mask on a ship for a whole week

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, DUCHESSRN said:

We are on Royal 12/19 .....I had hoped for more information by now .My concern is if someone tests positive ( very likely that may happen ) will we be allowed to dock and return home ??

I’m currently booked on the 12/27 sailing on the Caribbean Princess. I’m amazed the Princess hasn’t sent out one email to booked passengers, or posted anything to the my account section of their website. Even if it’s just a general statement without much info, It would make me feel better about their plans. After all, they are hoping passengers fork over thousands of dollars to them in the next few weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks for all the replies and comments. Glad to see other Princess passengers are feeling a bit miffed about the lack of information. Of course, I understand the reasoning, but as we being asked to pay a large sum of money for a cruise that obviously will not be able to operate, think it would be fair to be getting out more definite information. Here in the UK, both Cunard and P and O have cancelled all cruises until March 2021, and passengers have been aware of this for several weeks now. This will obviously deter me from booking with Princess in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kittyonions said:

Many thanks for all the replies and comments. Glad to see other Princess passengers are feeling a bit miffed about the lack of information. Of course, I understand the reasoning, but as we being asked to pay a large sum of money for a cruise that obviously will not be able to operate, think it would be fair to be getting out more definite information. Here in the UK, both Cunard and P and O have cancelled all cruises until March 2021, and passengers have been aware of this for several weeks now. This will obviously deter me from booking with Princess in the future.

I agree with you 100%. I think it very unfair and thoughtless of them taking final payments on an if and a maybe. People are understanding if they are told the truth about anything but not when you get no info at all. I don;t understand how they could in good conscience be selling cruises that most probably will not sail.

 

Off topic but dying to know where Kittyonions came from? I think it is adorable

 

Kathy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kathy,

Well,, you asked where the name came from, so here goes!

First, I’m not sure if the term “kitty” is used in US, but here it is a central pool of money to be shared.

Many years ago, we rented a holiday cottage with friends, and I was deemed to be the person responsible for looking after the “kitty”. This meant that I had the authority to decide if we would be able to partake of a beer at the pub after a long walk, amongst other things!

On arrival at the same holiday cottage, I arrived with plenty of home grown produce from our kitchen garden. Needless to say, this is where the onions part of the name comes from.

The friend who created this name for me sadly passed away last year, but is always in my thoughts when sign I in to Cruise critic.
Glad you like it!

Regards, Paula

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Many thanks for all the replies and comments. Glad to see other Princess passengers are feeling a bit miffed about the lack of information. Of course, I understand the reasoning, but as we being asked to pay a large sum of money for a cruise that obviously will not be able to operate, think it would be fair to be getting out more definite information. Here in the UK, both Cunard and P and O have cancelled all cruises until March 2021, and passengers have been aware of this for several weeks now. This will obviously deter me from booking with Princess in the future.

I second your post.

We have final payment due today for South America/Antarctica cruise departing 18th December. 

Princess appear to be ruled by their marketing department, whilst the remainder have heads under the blanket hoping it will all blow away and the Unicorns will be back in the garden tomorrow.

 

Even one year from now, if international travel resumes, citizens of other countries will still be very wary of foreigners in their midst.

 

Edited by Bowm54
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Hi Kathy,

Well,, you asked where the name came from, so here goes!

First, I’m not sure if the term “kitty” is used in US, but here it is a central pool of money to be shared.

Many years ago, we rented a holiday cottage with friends, and I was deemed to be the person responsible for looking after the “kitty”. This meant that I had the authority to decide if we would be able to partake of a beer at the pub after a long walk, amongst other things!

On arrival at the same holiday cottage, I arrived with plenty of home grown produce from our kitchen garden. Needless to say, this is where the onions part of the name comes from.

The friend who created this name for me sadly passed away last year, but is always in my thoughts when sign I in to Cruise critic.
Glad you like it!

Regards, Paula

Thanks Paula. I know what a kitty is but my mind went to a lot of cats not your definition...........lol Really cool about the onions part as well. I think it is a really cool handle. Mine is my first afghan hounds name or should I say her nickname

Take care

Kathy

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bowm54 said:

I second your post.

We have final payment due today for South America/Antarctica cruise departing 18th December. 

Princess appear to be ruled by their marketing department, whilst the remainder have heads under the blanket hoping it will all blow away and the Unicorns will be back in the garden tomorrow.

 

Even one year from now, if international travel resumes, citizens of other countries will still be very wary of foreigners in their midst.

 

I have today cancelled our December cruise. The customer service agent stated the cruise could still go ahead!

I used the opportunity also to cancel a 2022 Princess cruise.

Edited by Bowm54
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rcp6146 said:

I just paid the final payment on the Dec 19th out of FT Lauderdale . . . I'm going, darn it.  Its time to cruise again . . 

 

I think it is so cool that you really think that you will be cruising on Dec. 19th, but alas we had to wait for 5 and a half month to get our money back on the cruise that did not happen in March, so we will be cancelling our March 3rd 2021 cruise before the final payment. I wish I had your conviction, but must admit that with the state of the world and the US I just can not believe that any cruises will be happening any time soon. But, good luck when you sail on Dec. 19th, that is our 51th wedding anniversary and we would love to be going on a trip, but no, will celebrate very close to home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

I will cancel today ..its killing me ....if only we had information .

 

You probably have as much information as Princess.

 

It is up to the CDC if cruising will be allowed out of USA ports. It is up to the various ports on the itinerary if cruise ships are welcome.

 

It may be wishful thinking, but Princess probably wants these cruises to happen if at all possible.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, rcp6146 said:

I just paid the final payment on the Dec 19th out of FT Lauderdale . . . I'm going, darn it.  Its time to cruise again . . 

 

Please come back and tell us how this works out for you. Vaccines, masks, social distancing. Etc how it is handled for cruises out of Ft Lauderdale. I have 2 bookings from there. Decided to cancel the Jan ‘21 cruise

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rcp6146 said:

I just paid the final payment on the Dec 19th out of FT Lauderdale . . . I'm going, darn it.  Its time to cruise again . . 

 

I just paid it too, at this rate it could be just us and you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel that when a customer needs some leniency terms and conditions are quoted back at you. When the cruise line breaks the same terms and conditions such as refund processing time then the term unprecedented and act of god are thrown at you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the December 20, 2020 Panama Canal. We are going if it sails, but at this point, I am losing hope. 😩

We paid for it using  previous FCC (2 cancelled cruises in April 2019) so cancelling at this point does not benefit us. Here's hoping our February or April 2020 cruises sail. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any of you hoping to sail on 12/18 or 12/19 had your auto payment drafted yet? We are wishing for sure. Our cruise was also booked with FCC’s from our July cruise so paying it would just be port taxes and fees. I double checked our account and it shows our payment set up today, but it has not actually processed at this point. 

Edited by phred119s
Link to post
Share on other sites

We paid ... and are still not giving up on 12/20/20 Caribbean Princess.. used FCC from cancelled spring break cruise but still out $$$.   It took Forever to get back our $$ for taxes on the cancelled cruise.

 

If the ship sails with passengers, we'll be on it!

 

I guess I'm not totally convinced we'll actually be sailing because I haven't completed the online checkin.. or ordered our medallions... usually I do that as soon as possible.. I'm ready to go...

Edited by Gaynors
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...