Does Mariners Society still exist?

sail7seas

I have heard/read no mention of Gerald Bernhoft in a very long time.  The  Director is a fabulous gentleman and I hope all is as well with him as can be  during these difficult times for cruise lines.

I no longer receive my Mainers'  gift magazine for being a loyal Mariner.  [emoji846]   Certainly no Mariners magazine in longer than I can remember..

Anyone?    get their  food and wine  magazine    or which ever they chose?

I’m receiving my magazine. You can sign up for it on the website.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wish that I had more contact from HAL, I love receiving the Oceania and Norwegian emails and particularly the catalogs.  During the early days of the staying at home, I was thankful for any cruise literature, nearly built a new bookcase to house each and every bit of mail about cruising. Planning for cruises is always a happy time. I, too, want my "old cruise life back".... 🚢

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wander said:

1. Mailings from HAL.  I have received several future cruise "deals" since COVID appeared.

2. Re: - Food and Wine.  Yes, I have received it at no additional fee every year since the option first occurred.  However, I too get an"offer" from Food and Wine directly to get my own subscription just before the "expiration" of my free Hal year.  I never return the information but each year the magazine starts up very soon.   I get the "free" subscription year after year this way.

Ditto.  I just toss the renew offer, it's put in all the magazines.  I renew through HAL for free.  But I'm thinking of stopping it anyway because the magazines are more ads than anything else.  

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

There has been one good thing to come out of all this COVID stuff.  Prior to COVID we would receive 3 copies of everything from Viking and Viking would send us stuff (times 3) every day.  I could almost fill a garbage can with just the Viking junk and when we would return from a long HAL cruise we would usually have an entire bin full of Viking brochures (3 copies of each).  Since COVID the Viking brochures have finally slowed down and we now only get 1/2 of a mail bin per week.  For those that might wonder why we don't ask Viking to stop (we have not cruised on that River line for more then 15 years) we used to get 2 copies of everything and did try to get them to stop.  The result was that we started to get 3 copies. :(.

Hank

Same here Hank. We've taken 2 trips with Viking. They have inundated us with brochures and special deals. Almost every day, and I'm not kidding. I have asked them to stop the "recycle bin" books and brochures but they just keep coming. I blocked them from my email. Wish I could block them from my mail box.  

20 hours ago, wander said:

1. Mailings from HAL.  I have received several future cruise "deals" since COVID appeared.

2. Re: - Food and Wine.  Yes, I have received it at no additional fee every year since the option first occurred.  However, I too get an"offer" from Food and Wine directly to get my own subscription just before the "expiration" of my free Hal year.  I never return the information but each year the magazine starts up very soon.   I get the "free" subscription year after year this way.

wander:  you are alive!  A few weeks ago, I sent you a couple of e-mails.  Did you receive them?  I have been concerned about your husband and you.

Your point #1:  Nothing that I have receive.

Your point #2:  No automatic renewal of the magazine.

On 10/8/2020 at 12:15 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

Same here Hank. We've taken 2 trips with Viking. They have inundated us with brochures and special deals. Almost every day, and I'm not kidding. I have asked them to stop the "recycle bin" books and brochures but they just keep coming. I blocked them from my email. Wish I could block them from my mail box.  

Same here.  I had a 2004 Viking River cruise but nothing since and never Oceania and they both bombard me with junk mail.  I get emails from Crystal and HAL@Home but not much else electronically.

Roy

On 10/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, rkacruiser said:

I haven't heard from any CCL brand cruise company by e-mail or snail mail for most of 2020.  Unfortunately, I am now starting to get "stuff" from Oceania and Regent that I don't want!  As for Food and Wine, it seemed when my Mariner Society related subscription was about to end, I would begin getting renewal requests that required me to pay for a continuing of the subscription.  Not interested in doing so and the magazine stopped.  

I amd 3 * and have been sailing HAL for 16+ years and I have YET to get a Mariner magazine - electronic or on paper.

I also never get offers, the Atlas, anything.  I've checked my subscriptions, changed them, added other email addresses... not a thing.

We get email from our HAL rep whenever new deals are offered, once or twice a month.  Emails from Carnival ~1 per month.  Emails from Princess twice a month.  We have not sailed Carnival in 20+ yrs and have never sailed Princess.  Who knows?

There was mention above  of Mr.  Ashford.  Didn't      he leave HAL many months ago ?

He was not the right person for the job, IMO,  given his lack of pertinent experience.    I think the company (and we cruisers) suffered during his OJT.

We are four star mariners and receive absoluely nothing from HAL.  As someone else stated, they know where to send payment reminders but that is it.  Would love to see what they are sending others.  Are you all President's Club?  

8 hours ago, sail7seas said:

There was mention above  of Mr.  Ashford.  Didn't      he leave HAL many months ago ?

Yes, Mr. Ashford left HAL.  Given his background in Human Relations, I have thought there may have been an issue in that area within the Company that "someone" thought his expertise was needed.  If so, it had to have been within the close confines of the Company.  As a guest before and during his tenure, I never noticed any difference as to the "human relations" that I experienced on my cruises with HAL personnel.