Jump to content

Military Benefits- Expiration


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

I emailed our Princess pvp asking if we need to update my DH's military info. She replied that he's good forever.  

Well, in your ' Circle Savings Account, Onboard Credits' section, look and see if the Military Benefit has an expiration date. if It does, then your PVP is wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Well, in your ' Circle Savings Account, Onboard Credits' section, look and see if the Military Benefit has an expiration date. if It does, then your PVP is wrong.

Thanks for the info. My husband shares my email address. I can pull up my account & info but cannot figure out how to see his account & info. Any suggestions? We have 2 cruises b2b booked for Oct., 2021. He has military obc showing for each of those. 

Edited by 1965
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Thanks for the info. My husband shares my email address. I can pull up my account & info but cannot figure out how to see his account & info. Any suggestions? We have 2 cruises b2b booked for Oct., 2021. He has military obc showing for each of those. 

Need his account password. If he doesn't have a princess account, get a new aol e-mail address, create a new princess account using his Captain's circle number. I looks like the military benefit for most is expiring 12-31-2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Need his account password. If he doesn't have a princess account, get a new aol e-mail address, create a new princess account using his Captain's circle number. I looks like the military benefit for most is expiring 12-31-2021.

Two different accounts can have the same E-mail address, so there is no need to create a new address.

 

It is the password that makes the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

On all cruise lines that we go on I am not able to get my wife set up using my email address. It indicates it is already used. I needed a different email address for her before I could continue.

 

 

They may have changed how they do it since we signed up with the same e-mail address on several cruise lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 10:32 AM, cherylandtk said:

Just updated the authorization and will look forward to continuing with this benefit. Thanks to all.


I’m returning to update my status from Princess website.   In the main account page it still shows an expiry of 12-31-21.....BUT I took another look at the OBC for a future cruise after that date and Military OBC has now been added.   So I guess it worked?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked both the military cruise program which listed me as verified and the Captains Circle Savings Account which has me approved through 12/31/99.  It lists my veterans OBC earned date at 9/6/2011.  I was one of the first to apply for the benefit.  Perhaps later pax who submitted their DD214 have a different outcome.  I do know that the veterans OBC has been applied to all my cruises since that time including the one I have signed up for in spring 2022.  A great big thankyou to Princess for doing this for the veterans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All very strange and we wonder if its just a computer programming issue.  It makes no sense to ever have an expiration on military service once it has been verified :).  Hard to see the logic.  The only explanation that comes to mind is that Princess is laying the ground work to eliminate the benefit.

 

Hank

Link to post
Share on other sites

We submitted our DD142s in October 2010, both confirmed and used multiple times as we travel with our grandkids in side by side cabins.  Credits have been applied to our 7  bookings thru 2021.   We did go thru the SheerId verification posted on the website and have both received confirmation.   None of our 2022 bookings show the credit.  Not concerned,

.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hlitner said:

All very strange and we wonder if its just a computer programming issue.  It makes no sense to ever have an expiration on military service once it has been verified :).  Hard to see the logic. 

 

Sort of like my senior citizen public bus pass which says it expires in 2021. I do not expect to be younger than 70 again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, both DH and I served and have been getting the benefits for several years. We both did the new form. DH has his benefits listed for our January 2022 cruise, I do not. Therefore, I thought I should submit the form again - it has been over 2 weeks. When I submitted the second time, I got a screen saying I was already registered. However, still no OBC in my name.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Call princess and tell the person that answers the phone that you want to have your military benefit added to your cruise.  They will then put you on hold and call the military benefit office who will add it.  I have to do this every time I book or re-book a cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, famski740 said:

Call princess and tell the person that answers the phone that you want to have your military benefit added to your cruise.  They will then put you on hold and call the military benefit office who will add it.  I have to do this every time I book or re-book a cruise. 

That's a PITA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...