Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello NCL Cruisers...

 

So after 4 cancelled cruises, I am giving up and planning a ways out now.  Looking at some transatlantics on the Epic in the Haven.  I was in the Haven for my first cruise on the Joy and LOVED it.  

 

I really value my space in the stateroom.  On the Joy, I have a forwarding facing suite...loved having a living space and then bedroom space.  The table for breakfast, etc...

 

When I look at the Epic, the suites are oddly shaped (HF-The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony).  Round bed in the middle of the room, bathroom appears to be open...just seems strange to me and small for a suite.  

 

What are your thoughts on these staterooms?  Are they small?  where do you eat if you order breakfast?  

 

I travel solo, but like I said, I definitely value my space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

Hello NCL Cruisers...

 

So after 4 cancelled cruises, I am giving up and planning a ways out now.  Looking at some transatlantics on the Epic in the Haven.  I was in the Haven for my first cruise on the Joy and LOVED it.  

 

I really value my space in the stateroom.  On the Joy, I have a forwarding facing suite...loved having a living space and then bedroom space.  The table for breakfast, etc...

 

When I look at the Epic, the suites are oddly shaped (HF-The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony).  Round bed in the middle of the room, bathroom appears to be open...just seems strange to me and small for a suite.  

 

What are your thoughts on these staterooms?  Are they small?  where do you eat if you order breakfast?  

 

I travel solo, but like I said, I definitely value my space.

 

We had a forward facing penthouse on our second Epiccruise. There is a small table in the room where you can eat breakfast and you can eat on your balcony. The cabin is rather small but since you travel solo it's big enough, I think. When travelling solo I can't see that the open bathroom layout should be a problem.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, there are a couple of videos of the room. And yes, there is not a dining table in these videos. We have always booked the 2BR forward facing Haven rooms on the Epic (which does have a table). 
 

The round beds and privacy curtains vs doors to bathrooms are common in all rooms up to the penthouses on the Epic. 
 

That being said, the Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet. Large dining room. Large outside dining room. Super large lounge space. Access to the Posh Club (Vibe on the Epic). Private gym in the Haven. Both sauna and steamroom in the courtyard. One downside is that there is no roof on the courtyard, so you are subject to Mother Nature. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So, there are a couple of videos of the room. And yes, there is not a dining table in these videos. We have always booked the 2BR forward facing Haven rooms on the Epic (which does have a table).

 

I think that the small table between the chairs is enough for breakfast, especially when cruising solo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So, there are a couple of videos of the room. And yes, there is not a dining table in these videos. We have always booked the 2BR forward facing Haven rooms on the Epic (which does have a table). 
 

The round beds and privacy curtains vs doors to bathrooms are common in all rooms up to the penthouses on the Epic. 
 

That being said, the Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet. Large dining room. Large outside dining room. Super large lounge space. Access to the Posh Club (Vibe on the Epic). Private gym in the Haven. Both sauna and steamroom in the courtyard. One downside is that there is no roof on the courtyard, so you are subject to Mother Nature. 
 

 

I have to say that even though I travel solo, it would absolutely annoy me to have everything in one room.  When I did an H5 on the Joy, I absolutely loved having a separate bedroom and living room.  Made a huge difference for me.  I think I will go with the 2BR as there is not much difference in price and it is 15 nights.  Thank you BirdTravels!

 

Edited by nyc2pdx
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

 

We had a forward facing penthouse on our second Epiccruise. There is a small table in the room where you can eat breakfast and you can eat on your balcony. The cabin is rather small but since you travel solo it's big enough, I think. When travelling solo I can't see that the open bathroom layout should be a problem.  

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been on the Epic twice the Caribbean and the other Mediterranean. Though there are complaints about the round beds and cabin size we were fine. We had a forward suite so I am glad you are opting for a larger cabin based on your preference. By far Posh is our favorite relaxing time though it may be chilly on a transatlantic. We had a few windy days in Europe but since it was port intensive we did not spend as much time there. Posh was my husband's favorite spot in the Caribbean. We loved the bar waiting area and restaurant is relaxing. We did not spend much time in the pool area.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

We really love the Haven lounge on the Epic. The only bad thing about it was that most nights it was almost completely empty and they had no entertainment there. The Top Sail Lounges in MSCs Yacht Clubs has entertainment for hours every night.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

 

We really love the Haven lounge on the Epic. The only bad thing about it was that most nights it was almost completely empty and they had no entertainment there. The Top Sail Lounges in MSCs Yacht Clubs has entertainment for hours every night.

 

I have to agree with you about the Haven Lounge. It is a nice place to relax with a drink pre-dinner but we rarely went later in the evening. We did go a few times for a night-cap and spent the time talking to the bartender. I agree MSC has a winner with Top Sail. We went to Top Sail every night or the YC pool deck where there was even more dancing and music. We are looking forward to the Meraviglia in March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, there are a couple of videos of the room. And yes, there is not a dining table in these videos. We have always booked the 2BR forward facing Haven rooms on the Epic (which does have a table). 
 

The round beds and privacy curtains vs doors to bathrooms are common in all rooms up to the penthouses on the Epic. 
 

That being said, the Haven on the Epic is the best in the fleet. Large dining room. Large outside dining room. Super large lounge space. Access to the Posh Club (Vibe on the Epic). Private gym in the Haven. Both sauna and steamroom in the courtyard. One downside is that there is no roof on the courtyard, so you are subject to Mother Nature. 
 

 

How funny.  You used my video.  Small world.  This was filmed Christmas week (notice the decorations on the windows) 2010 during Epic's inaugural year.  We loved the room but it definitely had some quirks.  I love the Epic and wish she would come back to Miami.  As others have pointed out, the Haven on Epic is incredible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 5:32 AM, david_sobe said:

How funny.  You used my video.  Small world.  This was filmed Christmas week (notice the decorations on the windows) 2010 during Epic's inaugural year.  We loved the room but it definitely had some quirks.  I love the Epic and wish she would come back to Miami.  As others have pointed out, the Haven on Epic is incredible. 

We booked 17006 for our B2B in March 2022 - I considered 17005 but was not sure about the balcony being enclosed.  Years ago we were in 16001 in the Med and the enclosed balcony was great but we will be in the Caribbean.  I still have time to change cabins and now I am reconsidering.......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up booking 16023, a 2br Family Villa (H6).  It is the first stateroom without the wave design, and the difference in price was not much (~$500).  I'm happy with my choice.  I'm going on a 15 day cruise, and I tend to use my stateroom as a refuge...so I'm good.

 

The Haven on Epic sounds wonderful!  Now I just need to GO!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I ended up booking 16023, a 2br Family Villa (H6).  It is the first stateroom without the wave design, and the difference in price was not much (~$500).  I'm happy with my choice.  I'm going on a 15 day cruise, and I tend to use my stateroom as a refuge...so I'm good.

 

The Haven on Epic sounds wonderful!  Now I just need to GO!

 

 

I just might look into the 2 bedroom.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TSUmom said:

I just might look into the 2 bedroom.....

The 2 bedroom has the most amazing bathroom ever.  Even though Epic is over 10 years old, its just as nice as the brand new Encore.  The master bed also is in front of you (not on the side like the other ships) and you can lay in bed and look through the picture window in the bathroom to the sea.   The 2 bedroom suite on Epic is still my favorite all time cabin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 3:35 PM, nyc2pdx said:

I ended up booking 16023, a 2br Family Villa (H6).  It is the first stateroom without the wave design, and the difference in price was not much (~$500).  I'm happy with my choice.  I'm going on a 15 day cruise, and I tend to use my stateroom as a refuge...so I'm good.

 

The Haven on Epic sounds wonderful!  Now I just need to GO!

 

 

We were in 16019 in January and had a great time. You'll love the extra room, and the private bar area was our home away from home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only cruised in the 2 bedroom Haven suites.     I guess I assumed all of the Haven suites had a sitting room.  I find this suite very underwhelming!!   It would have to be an amazing deal cheaper than the 2 bedroom for me to consider this suite.    

 

The room is underwhelming, no sitting area, you walk right in the door to the bed, you walk right in to the television hanging on the wall, the enclosed patio is too enclosed.    This compares more to a mini suite, more like an upgrade on a mini suite if you ask me where the 2 bedroom Haven is more like an apartment.    The only way I would pay for this is if it were a great deal, much cheaper.

 

But thanks for posting, I know now what I definitely don't like and will stick to the 2 bedroom even if it's just me and husband traveling and the second bedroom goes un used.   

Edited by Vyhanek
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...