Fut Cruise Credit holders - We were screwed on cancelled cruises?

SAPMAN

NCL make the FCCs very complicated, on purpose I believe.   Here is my story

I had been given a total of $8,006 in Future Cruise Credits from cancelled sailing back earlier in 2021.  The also gave me a 20% off a future cruise if I purchased a new one within, I believe, 20 days - which I did.  .   They also added a 25% bonus FCC for the cancellation.  

I booked a 29 Nov Panama canal cruise using the above FCCs and 20% off.   That has just now been cancelled.  So what do they give me.  1) they will refund the cash I paid on my credit card for the additional amount owed due to more expensive cruise/cabin.  Fine.   2) According to my agent, I will get (not posted yet although they said by 7 Oct) the $8,006 as FCC back into my NCL Latitudes account.   They will NOT give me the 25% Bonus FCC nor the 20% early purchase that I got when rebooking.    Those "discounts" amounted to about $7,500 (as I booked a more expensive cruise, the 20% off was significant). 

So basically, NCL took away the FCC Bonus AND then 20% discount - although they now give me 10% off a new booking.  

And to make it worse, the same ship/cabin and itinerary now costs about $3,000 more, not even wiping out the 10% off they will give me.

Bottom line, NCL took away the bonuses they gave me and raised the prices for same cruise by $3,000.  So, by my calculation, I lost out on about $5,000.   No, the FCC credits have not posted yet in my NCL account.  So, maybe, they will reinstated the 25% bonus amounts, which will help - but I doubt it.   

Others?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, one other thing.  Why to they say they will post these by 7 Oct and still not there yet - 8 Oct.  I know, I am impatient, but they should have these cancellation processes automated by now! 

• Like 1

What happens when the credit card you used to purchase your cruise has been closed?  This really upsets about the FCC's and the 20 percent. discount I booked early and let them keep my money all that time. 

I have a headache this is so frustrating. 

Tracie

What happens when the credit card you used to purchase your cruise has been closed?  This really upsets about the FCC's and the 20 percent. discount I booked early and let them keep my money all that time. 
I have a headache this is so frustrating. 

Tracie

If you took the FCC, it doesn’t matter what credit card you used for the original cruise - you can’t get a refund, you can only get FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mnventure said:

If you took the FCC, it doesn’t matter what credit card you used for the original cruise - you can’t get a refund, you can only get FCC.

Ok that was I thought but I was confused because I keep hearing if you paid with cash that will be refunded. I took the FCC for April's cancelled cruise and paid with cash and FCC credits for the November's cruise that was cancelled. So I assume I get this back in a total FCC credit. Any idea when this FCC shows up on our account? Thanks for the help.  

5 hours ago, mnventure said:

You can always demand a refund, cash refund. Its states somewhere in the law. You cannot be denied in  refund and you can refuse to get any equivalents. So, I would kept pushing for some actual refund and not some virtual points 

• Like 1

My agent said if you paid with part cash and part FCC, they refund csdh to Cr card and FCC back to FCC in your NCL acct.  .   And restore Cruise Next Certs back to your acct.   All automatically. 

• Like 1

Texas Gal.   Good link.  Shows exactly what I had said.  It does not say that NCL will take away the 20% off future cruse discount they gave us back in Apr/May for those cancelled cruises.  Nor will they give us back the added 25% in FCC bonus they gave us back then.   So net effect:  We, in lieu of refunds we could have had, only get 10% off on a future cruise where the prices have increased recently to by about 20%!    That is a slap in the face.

3 hours ago, SAPMAN said:

Texas Gal.   Good link.  Shows exactly what I had said.  It does not say that NCL will take away the 20% off future cruse discount they gave us back in Apr/May for those cancelled cruises.  Nor will they give us back the added 25% in FCC bonus they gave us back then.   So net effect:  We, in lieu of refunds we could have had, only get 10% off on a future cruise where the prices have increased recently to by about 20%!    That is a slap in the face.

Offers, pricing and perks change regularly on NCL, and none of them are guaranteed for future bookings. (During this newest round of suspended cruises, things have changed again!)

You would need to have also followed NCL's previous "rules" regarding FCC (especially BONUS FCC).  I'm adding "clips" that I saved back in August.  Like Offers, pricing, and perks, the Suspended Cruise rules have changed a few time over time!

*** saved during August 2020 ***

InkedAnswers to FCC.bonus Questions.jpg

InkedCapture How FCCs may NOT be used.jpg

Edited by ggTexasGal
added note

NCL has posted the credits (FCC) that you may have used for a cancelled cruise back to your NCL acct.  Go to NCL site, sign in, and look at My Account.   They did post the FCC from earlier cancellations (as expected), but also posted the single use 25% FCC bonuses.   I have not reconciled all my enteries (I had 23 early cancellations and 2 rebookings), so some of my FCCs have rolled over a couple of times.   But happy they did not take back the 25% bonuses.     

However, still lost the 20% off my re-booked cruised and getting 10% now - but the new cruise rates are quite a bit more expensive.

I have to apoligize for some of my thoughts earlier -  Looks like NCL did better than I expected.   

On 10/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, SAPMAN said:

I had been given a total of $8,006 in Future Cruise Credits from cancelled sailing back earlier in 2021.  The also gave me a 20% off a future cruise if I purchased a new one within, I believe, 20 days - which I did.  .   They also added a 25% bonus FCC for the cancellation.  

I booked a 29 Nov Panama canal cruise using the above FCCs and 20% off.   That has just now been cancelled.  So what do they give me.  1) they will refund the cash I paid on my credit card for the additional amount owed due to more expensive cruise/cabin.  Fine.   2) According to my agent, I will get (not posted yet although they said by 7 Oct) the $8,006 as FCC back into my NCL Latitudes account.   They will NOT give me the 25% Bonus FCC nor the 20% early purchase that I got when rebooking.    Those "discounts" amounted to about $7,500 (as I booked a more expensive cruise, the 20% off was significant). 

So basically, NCL took away the FCC Bonus AND then 20% discount - although they now give me 10% off a new booking.  

And to make it worse, the same ship/cabin and itinerary now costs about $3,000 more, not even wiping out the 10% off they will give me.

Bottom line, NCL took away the bonuses they gave me and raised the prices for same cruise by $3,000.  So, by my calculation, I lost out on about $5,000.   No, the FCC credits have not posted yet in my NCL account.  So, maybe, they will reinstated the 25% bonus amounts, which will help - but I doubt it.   

Others?  

It's a shell game!! On every cancelled cruise I opted for refund that 25% was not enough for me to bite

On 10/8/2020 at 5:54 PM, SAPMAN said:

Others?  

They did that to me as well on a 45 night NZ cruise this coming February. But..... I was also given the 20% on a 36 night Africa for 11/2021. I still have the 25% bonus as I did not apply it yet. I booked 11 cruises total and used the 50% deposit promo. They canceled NZ so 4 gone and refund of deposit.

Steve