Carnival only line cruising in November

cellfree

Fun, near irrelevant facts:

• I've sailed on the Conquest (twice), Horizon, Breeze, and Liberty - though not all of them out of PC or POM
  • I've sailed from PC (once) and Miami (several times)
  • I sailed on the Sunrise when it was the Triumph.  It seems so long ago.
  • My next Carnival cruise was scheduled to be on the Horizon on October 31.  It was canceled in, what, July?  I feel especially sorry for those of you who are on the sailings immediately after mine who are still uncertain about what the future holds.

52 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Guess you missed the Carnival report about it taking 30 days to get a ship ready to sail. NOT 60. So the swami says no sail starting November 1st. Correct it is November 2nd. Carnival Liberty out of Port Canaveral.

I don’t see how Carnival is cruising next month when the dozens of crew members I keep in touch with have not been contacted about returning to work and none of them know anyone who has been contacted about returning to work in November. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t see how Carnival is cruising next month when the dozens of crew members I keep in touch with have not been contacted about returning to work and none of them know anyone who has been contacted about returning to work in November. 

Donald said it typically takes 30 days to prepare, there is nothing typical about this situation.

Del Rio says up to 60. The leaders of the cruise lines aren't on the same page.

It doesn't appear that any hard date to start was agreed upon in the meeting.

Edited by beerman2

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Ok want it a bit more clear. Carnival WILL sail out of Port Canaveral and Miami if all is in order. Is that better? Let's not get so picky.

Picky? Your post was asking Carnival to confirm they are sailing November 1st, something they have no way to know whether they'll be allowed to do at this point. I just pointed that fact out and wasn't rude or anything.

As far as this being better, I don't know that it is because I still don't see what you are driving at. I guess you're stating that someday, when everything is in order, Carnival will have sailings from Port Canaveral and Miami. Which yeah, sure of course they will at some future date, so I still don't see what point you're trying to make. But no matter, Sorry if I offended you.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Carnival WILL cruise at last heard. 6 ships out of Port Canaveral and Miami in November and December 2020 All others have been cancelled.

Wish there was legal way we could put money (Bets) down in Vegas on Carnival not sailing in November or early December..That way some people could put there money were their mouth is!!!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Wish there was legal way we could put money (Bets) down in Vegas on Carnival not sailing in November or early December..That way some people could put there money were their mouth is!!!

I know where my money is going. Down to the exact date, it might surprise you.

3 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I think that's called baiting.

Not so sure. Unlike @Cruiseboy06, I don’t work for the cruise line and thus have no insider information. It’s just a logical guess based on the information currently available and has a 364/365 chance of failure. 

Edited by xDisconnections

the CDC already said that they wanted to extend the no-sail order until next year BUT our government said NOPE.   Sounds to me like this one is a HARD STOP.   I think our chances are better now than they have been previously for a November startup out of Canaveral and Miami.

Carnival voluntarily pushed the date to the end of October, even when the CDC had the no-sail date set for the end of September - so Carnival was ALREADY planning to not start up again until November

• Like 1

Just now, EllieinNJ said:

As of today as per cruisetimetables.com there are 7 Sunrise cruises leaving from Miami and 9 Liberty cruises leaving from Port Canaveral in November, 2020.

@skridge check this out! How could they be wrong? Cruising is coming back and it will be better than ever. Clearly, they cannot wait to bring the fun back to you.

Just now, xDisconnections said:

@skridge check this out! How could they be wrong? Cruising is coming back and it will be better than ever. Clearly, they cannot wait to bring the fun back to you.

I will believe it when I see it.  I would also like to say I hope it does start back, but that kind of goes against the fact that it is not a good idea to put a bunch of people on a cruise ship breathing all over each other at this time so I will not say that.  But I know you parrot every word that comes out oh JH mouth as the gospel truth even though it has been shown to be false time and again over the past 6 months and you also bash JH out of the other side of your mouth which is very confusing to those of us trying to have a dialogue about the current situation.  I really don't know how to talk to you about it other than we will see how it plays out over the next month or so.  Cheers mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skridge said:

I will believe it when I see it.  I would also like to say I hope it does start back, but that kind of goes against the fact that it is not a good idea to put a bunch of people on a cruise ship breathing all over each other at this time so I will not say that.  But I know you parrot every word that comes out oh JH mouth as the gospel truth even though it has been shown to be false time and again over the past 6 months and you also bash JH out of the other side of your mouth which is very confusing to those of us trying to have a dialogue about the current situation.  I really don't know how to talk to you about it other than we will see how it plays out over the next month or so.  Cheers mate.

If you say so? 

As of today.

All cruises for November out of Port Canaveral and Miami Florida are all Carnival.

They are: Liberty 9, Conquest 4, Elation 2, Breeze 2 many dates are sold out.

Starting in December from Port canaveral and Miami are these.

First out is Norwegian then Carnival, Royal, MSC and Disney.

10 minutes ago, skridge said:

Stay out of any of your local stores if you are worried about staying safe.. All cruise ships are now much safer than any stores you may visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

As of today.

All cruises for November out of Port Canaveral and Miami Florida are all Carnival.

They are: Liberty 9, Conquest 4, Elation 2, Breeze 2 many dates are sold out.

Starting in December from Port canaveral and Miami are these.

First out is Norwegian then Carnival, Royal, MSC and Disney.

I'll believe it when I see it.  I will restate that I have said all along that it would be the end of the year before any of the ships left out of the US.  Many on the boards stated they thought we would be back cruising by May early on.  I will let you figure out whose predictions were more spot on.  Cheers mate.

3 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

Right. Because they're empty vessels.

NO. Because they have HEPA filtering and bringing in fresh air to the A/C systems. NO stores you visit have it. No stores you visit have constant cleaning and a safe environment. No stores you visit are required to pass any CDC guide lines before opening. Other than maybe masks and distancing which in most cases are over looked.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Stay out of any of your local stores if you are worried about staying safe.. All cruise ships are now much safer than any stores you may visit.

Of course empty ships are safer now, but what happens when ships start carrying passengers again?  

• Like 1

Just now, fyree39 said:

These two statements are nothing alike. Thanks for playing.

Still not sure where I said I know when cruising will return. All I said was that I knew where my money would be going down to the exact date if I were to place a bet? The surprise would be from context as many assume I believe cruising will return on November 1, October 1, August 1, etc.

24 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/todays-travel-bookings-may-be-more-fiction-than-fact-11602421200?mod=lead_feature_below_a_pos1

"Still, Cruise Critic’s survey found that many who have chosen future cruise credits haven’t rebooked. The survey found that 48% still were deciding whether to book another cruise, while 30% planned to book another cruise, but haven’t done so yet."

Those FCCs are what's making life interesting for all the lines and impacts their decision-making. 

Just to piggyback on the topic- those FCCs, when redeemed, are all comprised of revenue the company had already collected and also comes with a goodwill gesture in many cases. It isn’t new money coming in for them.

Edited by xDisconnections