Jump to content

Confused...Final Payment Question


Recommended Posts

I have an April 2021 booked, using a TA.

 

According to his bill, the final payment is due 12/5/20....but penalties start on 2/5/2021.

 

Because this forum is clearer than the TA...what does that mean?

 

Does it mean I have to pay by 12/5/20...but I can cancel up to 2/5 and get my money back? By money back....I mean money, not credit.   I know I can cancel up to 15 days prior to departure for a FCC.  It's kind of hazy...because once I pay...why would I cancel more than 15 days in advance...if I still just get a FCC?  And why would I pay on 12/5...if I could delay until 2/5?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I have an April 2021 booked, using a TA.

 

According to his bill, the final payment is due 12/5/20....but penalties start on 2/5/2021.

 

Because this forum is clearer than the TA...what does that mean?

 

Does it mean I have to pay by 12/5/20...but I can cancel up to 2/5 and get my money back? By money back....I mean money, not credit.   I know I can cancel up to 15 days prior to departure for a FCC.  It's kind of hazy...because once I pay...why would I cancel more than 15 days in advance...if I still just get a FCC?  And why would I pay on 12/5...if I could delay until 2/5?

 

29 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Regular final payment is 120 days before cruise.  Now they have changed it to 60 days before cruise, hence new final payment date in February.

 

I thought the cut-off date for the 60 day delayed final payment was Mar. 31, '21?  Have they extended that? 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/suspended-sailings

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

 

 

I thought the cut-off date for the 60 day delayed final payment was Mar. 31, '21?  Have they extended that? 

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/suspended-sailings

According to my research, which is why I am questioning my TA's "words of wisdom".....that is correct.  Final payment is 60 days prior for cruises on or before 3/31/21.  I don't see anything official about extending it (at this time anyway) for April cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, All-ready2cruise said:

@MsTabbyKats I'd be questioning it as well.  Unless I saw a change on my Acct Summary, I'd expect to have to cancel before the 120 day mark.  I cancelled my Apr '21 cruise a while ago. I felt it was too long under the current circumstances. 

 

Good luck. 

I booked this directly with NCL, using CruiseNext....knowing that there would be a high probability of cancellation.  TA contacted me and offered a nice bonus if I book with him.  I'd correct him...but, what's the point? (I "fired" him last spring after he messed up a booking..lol.)

 

No vaccine...no cruise.  No getting off the ship unless on an official excursion....no cruise.  Other things, I might not like, but I could deal with.

 

The way it's looking now....no cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I booked this directly with NCL, using CruiseNext....knowing that there would be a high probability of cancellation.  TA contacted me and offered a nice bonus if I book with him.  I'd correct him...but, what's the point? (I "fired" him last spring after he messed up a booking..lol.)

 

No vaccine...no cruise.  No getting off the ship unless on an official excursion....no cruise.  Other things, I might not like, but I could deal with.

 

The way it's looking now....no cruise.

Yeah, I hear ya.  Doesn't make much sense to cruise with an abundance of restrictions, JMO.  

We'll get there... just need that vaccine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I booked this directly with NCL, using CruiseNext....knowing that there would be a high probability of cancellation.  TA contacted me and offered a nice bonus if I book with him.  I'd correct him...but, what's the point? (I "fired" him last spring after he messed up a booking..lol.)

 

No vaccine...no cruise.  No getting off the ship unless on an official excursion....no cruise.  Other things, I might not like, but I could deal with.

 

The way it's looking now....no cruise.

 

The part that bothers me is them wanting to do COVID rapid test as you check in.  My son in law had a test pre surgery that showed positive.  Since he was totally symptom free he went to another facility and had another test. This time negative. So if you test positive and you have paid to park or fly and denied boarding, what then.  My son in law was able to run 3 miles a day in Louisiana humid heat, so he was sure the positive was wrong.

also my granddaughter had a wreck last week. She tested positive, they still took her to surgery and her or anyone around her has been sick.

so the testing will be a big mess in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cruisinmeme said:

 

The part that bothers me is them wanting to do COVID rapid test as you check in.  My son in law had a test pre surgery that showed positive.  Since he was totally symptom free he went to another facility and had another test. This time negative. So if you test positive and you have paid to park or fly and denied boarding, what then.  My son in law was able to run 3 miles a day in Louisiana humid heat, so he was sure the positive was wrong.

also my granddaughter had a wreck last week. She tested positive, they still took her to surgery and her or anyone around her has been sick.

so the testing will be a big mess in my opinion.

 

As with everything with this novel corona virus, the U.S. scientists and medical experts (virologists, etc) are learning as we go. Undoubtedly, newer, faster and more accurate tests will be developed to the point where these false positive tests will no longer be an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

This is incorrect for her cruise date . 120 days still. 

Cut/Paste from TA (maybe this is some sort of a TA special...but I'm not making final payment unless I know, for sure, from the TA, that he will guarantee full reimbursement...lol...like that would ever happen):

Final Due By 12/5/2020 $ XXXX.XX
Penalties Start 2/5/2021

Full Penalty Starts 3/5/2021

 

ETA-Just sent him an e-mail

 

 

Edited by MsTabbyKats
Link to post
Share on other sites

So....TA got back to me and unfortunately I was correct.  Although, he did apologize for the misinformation.

 

I hate to say this, but I'm correct too much of the time when it comes to "the future of cruising".  Ugh.  I really wish I were wrong and ships could be at sea.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

So....TA got back to me and unfortunately I was correct.  Although, he did apologize for the misinformation.

 

I hate to say this, but I'm correct too much of the time when it comes to "the future of cruising".  Ugh.  I really wish I were wrong and ships could be at sea.

 

 

Well, we knew the TA was likely incorrect, right? I think we're very lucky that we have so many on CC to assist with this type of thing.  

Sad, in a way, that you were correct, yet, it is good that you had the good sense to question your TA's response.   I think we'd all love to be cruising sooner, rather than later.... possibly much later.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Well, we knew the TA was likely incorrect, right? I think we're very lucky that we have so many on CC to assist with this type of thing.  

Sad, in a way, that you were correct, yet, it is good that you had the good sense to question your TA's response.   I think we'd all love to be cruising sooner, rather than later.... possibly much later.  

 

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt....some kind of special TA deal.

I know the TA profession is "struggling" at best (more like dead)....but it's really easier to do it myself.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...