Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
janny444

Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

Recommended Posts

I am not sure if I should be asking this question but I only come onto this Forum every so often but I have noticed that a few of the regulars who always give sound....sometimes hilarious...comments seem to missing which is a pity as I always valued their comments. Maybe i am not looking on the right threads and  I hope you " long standing regulars" are still posting....if you are I will have to scrutinise every thread and post to find you ! 🤥 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy said last week his work commitments have taken up most of his time but will post when he can.

Selbourne was upset by other poster's comments and said he was calling it a day unfortunately.

Daib has never been on for some time but someone said he thought Daib was committed to a position on another site.

Fortunately we have a lot of great regulars on here still.

Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm here, just not as often as I would like. 

It's tough times for a lot of people and unfortunately the debating occasionally gets a bit personal, so I understand why Selborne and others just can't be bothered. 

Fortunately, we are still left with the majority of lovely people with quite a few newbies who contribute well, so still a great place to visit. 

And, of course, we still have Kalos keeping us entertained. 😊

Andy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I'm here, just not as often as I would like. 

It's tough times for a lot of people and unfortunately the debating occasionally gets a bit personal, so I understand why Selborne and others just can't be bothered. 

Fortunately, we are still left with the majority of lovely people with quite a few newbies who contribute well, so still a great place to visit. 

And, of course, we still have Kalos keeping us entertained. 😊

Andy 

 

In these uncertain times Andy we have to keep smiling and the boards certainly light up when 

you come onboard but I do realise you have work to do, so treasure your time when you can .:classic_smile:

With all our other lovely people who post and join in  ,what's not to like .:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy.....good to see that you are still around and yes Graham you are right..there are still a lot of great regulars still here....it was just that the other two seemed to have been around for ages.

Sorry to hear that Selbourne had to put up with some personal comments.... I have noticed that some comments are rather " tetchy" and uncalled for but unfortunately that is what is happening more and more when you happen to hold a different view....sometimes there is room for both views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you Janny 

Only this morning I noticed your name as author of one of the long-running threads near the top of the list and wondered if we would see you again.  It feels like a long time

 

Anyway, if you want to catch up with the now-regulars, have a look at the thread P&O cruisers - how are things where you are?  The thread goes on and on, usually lighthearted, sometimes serious, occasionally crossly political, always supportive.  It’s nice to check in there and hear what’s going on in people’s lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi Andy.....good to see that you are still around and yes Graham you are right..there are still a lot of great regulars still here....it was just that the other two seemed to have been around for ages.

Sorry to hear that Selbourne had to put up with some personal comments.... I have noticed that some comments are rather " tetchy" and uncalled for but unfortunately that is what is happening more and more when you happen to hold a different view....sometimes there is room for both views.

We have some 'spiky' characters on here, it doesn't make them bad people and just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to be rude... 

I only have one 'nemesis' who really pushes my buttons who has never contributed positively, I am sure you know who it is... 

Andy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have some 'spiky' characters on here, it doesn't make them bad people and just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to be rude... 

I only have one 'nemesis' who really pushes my buttons who has never contributed positively, I am sure you know who it is... 

Andy 

I KNOW exactly who you mean. He's been very quiet recently!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Nice to see you Janny 

Only this morning I noticed your name as author of one of the long-running threads near the top of the list and wondered if we would see you again.  It feels like a long time

 

Anyway, if you want to catch up with the now-regulars, have a look at the thread P&O cruisers - how are things where you are?  The thread goes on and on, usually lighthearted, sometimes serious, occasionally crossly political, always supportive.  It’s nice to check in there and hear what’s going on in people’s lives

Aw....thank you Eddy99....isn't that " spooky"....getting near Halloween....that you had noticed my name and then here I am.

I have never really been a " heavy" poster ....just now and then when I feel my input may be helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

 

In these uncertain times Andy we have to keep smiling and the boards certainly light up when 

you come onboard but I do realise you have work to do, so treasure your time when you can .:classic_smile:

With all our other lovely people who post and join in  ,what's not to like .:classic_biggrin:

 

Screenshot_20200801_214114_com.android.chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, janny444 said:

 

I have never really been a " heavy" poster ....just now and then when I feel my input may be helpful

You are a valued friend of this forum Janny, you don't have to post every day to be remembered. 

Andy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have some 'spiky' characters on here, it doesn't make them bad people and just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to be rude... 

I only have one 'nemesis' who really pushes my buttons who has never contributed positively, I am sure you know who it is... 

Andy 

Although this is my fourth year of posting, a lot of my time until this year was spent on the Royal Caribbean forums.

Our P&O forums are a lot less confrontational and more friendly imo and I like everyone a lot.

Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Although this is my fourth year of posting, a lot of my time until this year was spent on the Royal Caribbean forums.

Our P&O forums are a lot less confrontational and more friendly imo and I like everyone a lot.

Graham.

 

We (well I) first started posting in about 2008 / 2009 on the Ocean Village board and only ever dared to visit the P&O one when feeling very brave ! I'd been recommended cruise critic by a lovely moderator on what was then The Pafos Post .... seems only like yesterday. We then ended up on our Oceana cruise in 2010 becuase of the ash cloud and have never looked back. Fell in love with P&O and found out that it wasn't as stuffy over here as we once thought. Met some lovely people since and many have become friends during lockdown.

 

Ok, there are some posters that annoy me (to put it mildly) and I sometimes get offended by replies, but the world is full of 'keyboard warriors' and CC is no different.

 

Its just sad when some lovely people are turned away because of idiots  .......

 

Looking forward now to the next decade over here and sometimes as part of the Celebrity boards !!!!!!!! 

Edited by Presto2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Although this is my fourth year of posting, a lot of my time until this year was spent on the Royal Caribbean forums.

Our P&O forums are a lot less confrontational and more friendly imo and I like everyone a lot.

Graham.

 

If you'd been around in about 2009 it was like loads of people on here were like Margot from the Good Life !!!!! Or Hyacinth !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

 

Our first cruise was in 2010.  
I booked it, then, a little while after, found cruise forums (not just this one) 😳

I seriously don’t think I would have ever become a cruiser if I had looked at forums first

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Lol

 

Our first cruise was in 2010.  
I booked it, then, a little while after, found cruise forums (not just this one) 😳

I seriously don’t think I would have ever become a cruiser if I had looked at forums first

 

 

 

In 2010 many of the P&O folk may have put you off forever 😉 

Have to say, have met some wonderful people on the Ocean Village. P&O and Celebrity threads ---- and to be fair when on RCI and checking our Cunard. There are good and bad on all 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kalos said:

 

In these uncertain times Andy we have to keep smiling and the boards certainly light up when 

you come onboard but I do realise you have work to do, so treasure your time when you can .:classic_smile:

With all our other lovely people who post and join in  ,what's not to like .:classic_biggrin:

I agree.

With cruising paused a lot of people could be excused for not posting but our posts have accelerated on here which shows we are all enjoying being here and in this together.

Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

With cruising paused a lot of people could be excused for not posting but our posts have accelerated on here which shows we are all enjoying being here and in this together.

Graham.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

 

If you'd been around in about 2009 it was like loads of people on here were like Margot from the Good Life !!!!! Or Hyacinth !!!!

That must have been a nightmare.

Our first cruise was on Aurora in 2003 and I remember encountering a number of snobs on board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall reading a review of Arcadia on this site a few years back. The overall tone was very snobbish but one comment just made me roar with laughter. They described the food in the main dining room as being "like school dinners". I went to a fairly posh state Grammar School and school dinners there were certainly nothing like any food I've had on P&O. I would have loved to have known what school they went to 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I like about this forum, apart from the banter and general camaraderie,  is that it is not full of P&O  zealots. On other forums, if you criticise P&O in the slightest way, you will be shot down in flames. Here, there is a much more considered approach, from contributors who have a vast range of cruising experience, and indeed of life in general.  

Yes, if you have a specific P&O question, you will get honest answers and advice, but you will also learn about ironing, caravan rentals, and the best place in the North East to have a picnic in your car overlooking the North Sea!

My only regret is after the surge of interest in my new pressure washer, when I started up my own dedicated forum, I only got one member, a Mr Ivor Hose, and I haven't been able to connect to him for weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading through these posts and I've remembered another missing poster Fanged Rose!!

Avril

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Reading through these posts and I've remembered another missing poster Fanged Rose!!

Avril

Blimey,  I'd forgotten about him/her. Great name, but a little disconcerting,!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Blimey,  I'd forgotten about him/her. Great name, but a little disconcerting,!

I thought 'her with the sound of the posts. Very eccentric with weird and wonderful ideas. Loved reading the outlandish opinions. My favouties were cabin stewards touching her nightwear and lemons delivered to the cabin. Fascinating

Avril

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...