Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

Wow this thread has moved along since I last read it!
Good to hear from Selbourne and Dai.

@grapau27 I hope you get you eye sorted soon, sounds nasty.

Also I had no idea there was a ‘rep’ list! My football forum has a similar style format to this and your ‘rep’ is displayed under all your posts! I did wonder where all the likes went on here 😁

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear. I've just been reading those last posts and I suddenly feel very old😒. It's not that I don't remember or like T Rex, Mark Bolan and Slade et al, I do, but my youth was Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Swinging Blue Jeans and even Bill Hayley and the Comets. Good old Rock 'n Roll. 😁

Avril

• Like 1

Hi Graham, I am so sorry to hear about your eye and Pauline's loss

I would like to know
1. How does one find one's reputation on the tables out of 1.6 million CC members ? (like you found it was 838 for Purdey)
2. Does a person's reputation increase by the number of likes or the number of quotes or both?
3. How does one enhance one's reputation?
Is it by helping others or giving advice/ opinions / information / personal experiences.?
Or simply getting likes and/or quotes?

Thanks in advance
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Never got to see any of the Glam Rock bands but (and I don't think I dare mention this) I did see The Bay City Rollers at the Victoria Hall in Hanley😁  Would loved to have seen Queen though or The Jam!

I think I can beat that Rupert. Although my favourite live performer is Bruce Springsteen, about 15 years ago, I saw Steps at NEC (it was with a school trip I arranged due to popular demand). They actually were better than I expected but still not great. 🥴

Any remaining credibility I still had is now gone ☹️

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear. I've just been reading those last posts and I suddenly feel very old😒. It's not that I don't remember or like T Rex, Mark Bolan and Slade et al, I do, but my youth was Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Elvis Presley, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Swinging Blue Jeans and even Bill Hayley and the Comets. Good old Rock 'n Roll. 😁

Avril

Avril, I have been having the very same thoughts. I have also noticed that on the most recent P&O cruises the 50s and 60s rock and roll nights seem to have disappeared, to be replaced with 70s and 80s nights. The next stop will be adding them into the war time favourites nights along with Vera Lynn classics.:classic_blink:

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I think I can beat that Rupert. Although my favourite live performer is Bruce Springsteen, about 15 years ago, I saw Steps at NEC (it was with a school trip I arranged due to popular demand). They actually were better than I expected but still not great. 🥴

Lol I was a 13 year old teenage girl at the time and "The Rollers" were the best thing since sliced bread! But then along came David Essex and I was an even happier bunny 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Wow this thread has moved along since I last read it!
Good to hear from Selbourne and Dai.

@grapau27 I hope you get you eye sorted soon, sounds nasty.

Also I had no idea there was a ‘rep’ list! My football forum has a similar style format to this and your ‘rep’ is displayed under all your posts! I did wonder where all the likes went on here 😁

Thanks I have an appointment on November 2nd with another consultant for a second opinion for the operation.

Graham.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Lol I was a 13 year old teenage girl at the time and "The Rollers" were the best thing since sliced bread! But then along came David Essex and I was an even happier bunny 😃

David Essex was gorgeous. I saw him at the State, in Grays 

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Avril, I have been having the very same thoughts. I have also noticed that on the most recent P&O cruises the 50s and 60s rock and roll nights seem to have disappeared, to be replaced with 70s and 80s nights. The next stop will be adding them into the war time favourites nights along with Vera Lynn classics.:classic_blink:

I love a wide range of music, even though the mid 50's to the mid 60's was my era. Opera, jazz, R&B, country & western, Sinatra, good ol' Bing, and many, many more, and although I'm embarrassed to admit it, Jolson. 😳

Avril

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I love a wide range of music, even though the mid 50's to the mid 60's was my era. Opera, jazz, R&B, country & western, Sinatra, good ol' Bing, and many, many more, and although I'm embarrassed to admit it, Jolson. 😳

Avril

Jolson is one of my favourite musicals. I saw it twice in the West End. 

Hopefully we are going to a Queen Tribute Concert on Friday.

Its in a hotel near Gatwick, its in a courtyard.  We are not allowed  out there but you have a "room with a view" and sing and dance out the window!!!! 🤣  

Family members can book "a room with no view" but they can come into your room for the concert, if appropriate. My daughter and sil are joining us.  

Its very audience participation, so should be very funny looking in at all the windows with people jigging about.  The free Prosecco might help.

My daughter's outlaws have another room with a view with two other family members joining them.  Hotel safety measures seem very good so hope all ok.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Jolson is one of my favourite musicals. I saw it twice in the West End. 

I have the two original Jolson Story films starring Larry Parks on DVD, and watch them often just to listen to the songs. Larry Parks is easy on the eye too😉

Avril

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Its in a hotel near Gatwick, its in a courtyard.  We are not allowed  out there but you have a "room with a view" and sing and dance out the window!!!! 🤣  

Family members can book "a room with no view" but they can come into your room for the concert, if appropriate. My daughter and sil are joining us.  

Its very audience participation, so should be very funny looking in at all the windows with people jigging about.  The free Prosecco might help.

My daughter's outlaws have another room with a view with two other family members joining them.  Hotel safety measures seem very good so hope all ok.

That sounds like great fun!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sounds a very similar mix to mine Avril.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

David Essex was gorgeous. I saw him at the State, in Grays 

Yes he was (is), I saw him a few times, he used to come to The Queens Theatre in Burslem, Stoke on Trent quite regular. It was only a small place so it was quite cosy ... fabulous!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

What ?    No    Ozzy Osbournekilroy.jpg.b5df2d53b01aa5388fbf2d547c49de4e.jpg       :classic_smile:

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

that should be really good! There used to be a guy on P&O who did a Freddie Mercury tribute, he was called Mercury Rising, dont know if he is still about but we really enjoyed the show!

6 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

that should be really good! There used to be a guy on P&O who did a Freddie Mercury tribute, he was called Mercury Rising, dont know if he is still about but we really enjoyed the show!

I think that was Steve Larkins as Mercury Rising. He was excellent and saw him on Aurora a couple of years ago.

• Like 3

Just now, kalos said:

What ?    No    Ozzy Osbournekilroy.jpg.b5df2d53b01aa5388fbf2d547c49de4e.jpg       :classic_smile:

No, I'm afraid not kalos. Funnily enough I like to listen to good music😁 I shall now go and hide. Bye bye⛑️

Avril

• Haha 1

Steve Larkins was great.  Saw him a few times.  Sadly I don't think he does PandO anymore.

A few years back on Azura, we weren't brave enough to sit in the front row, so sat in the second.  No one else was brave enough to sit in the front row either.  He stepped over the seat in front and stood on the armrests of my chair.  His belt buckle really does say Roger!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Hi Graham, I am so sorry to hear about your eye and Pauline's loss

I would like to know
1. How does one find one's reputation on the tables out of 1.6 million CC members ? (like you found it was 838 for Purdey)
2. Does a person's reputation increase by the number of likes or the number of quotes or both?
3. How does one enhance one's reputation?
Is it by helping others or giving advice/ opinions / information / personal experiences.?
Or simply getting likes and/or quotes?

Thanks in advance

Thank you.

When you find the first reputation page that I showed John how to find on here there are 24 names on the first page.

You scroll to the bottom and press next for the next 24 names and keep doing that until you find your name.

It is based on the number of likes/thanks/smiley's a person gets for their posts.

Graham.

• Like 1