Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have no interest in the "Rep" tables at all. Not a jot. One single iota. Complete nonsense.Nincompoopery in the extreme. My view is in no way influenced by the fact I am only 158th.😜

I couldn't  be bothered counting, do you think you can count mine for me?😉

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I have no interest in the "Rep" tables at all. Not a jot. One single iota. Complete nonsense.Nincompoopery in the extreme. My view is in no way influenced by the fact I am only 158th.😜

But out of over 1.6m users that puts you in the top 0.01% and by my quoting you, you might have moved up to 157th 😉. As a fellow top 0.01%’er I agree it’s complete tosh though 😂 

Just now, Selbourne said:

But out of over 1.6m users that puts you in the top 0.01% and by my quoting you, you might have moved up to 157th 😉. As a fellow top 0.01%’er I agree it’s complete tosh though 😂 

I'm not posting on this topic any more . If I am given a holiday I won't stay in the top 100k. It is nice to have you back ( that should get me at least a like).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I know, I just made it up. Interestingly🤔 Graham is well up the list, but Pauline isn't. Do you think there is a "points" bandit at large.🤣

Pauline doesn't even read cc unless it is a picture of Bella who is a gorgeous Westie on a Floataway thread Friends of Bell I was kindly invited on by her owners John and Lala.

Screenshot_20200706_221755_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

I don't think I would be prepared to make such a fool of myself as some these video bloggers, listening to most of them I think  I know more about the cruise industry than these buffoons.

As a newcomer to cruising I’ve found YouTube vloggers very helpful and informative. Other than Sean & Stef I only watch the British ones. If they’re making a fool of themselves I’m glad because I find them entertaining and they’ve helped me make more informed choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline doesn't even read cc unless it is a picture of Bella who is a gorgeous Westie on a Floataway thread I was invited on by her owners John and Lala.

Screenshot_20200706_221755_com.android.chrome.jpg

Bella the Westie is now at least No1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm not posting on this topic any more . If I am given a holiday I won't stay in the top 100k. It is nice to have you back ( that should get me at least a like).

Thanks. I think, like me, you’ve got this rep table sussed though. You quote me. I quote you. You like my posts. I like your posts. In addition to liking my post, you also make a new post saying the same, which I will then like and comment on. You post to also say that you like my post. I do the same. Join in on all off topic conversations. Comment on all the other comments. Thank those who like your comment etc etc etc. You get my drift. Then, when we get into the top 10 we change our user names to our real names and, hey presto, we are invited to the next naming ceremony and are treated like royalty on every cruise thereafter. Simple really. I’m sorely tempted 😉 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Thanks. I think, like me, you’ve got this rep table sussed though. You quote me. I quote you. You like my posts. I like your posts. In addition to liking my post, you also make a new post saying the same, which I will then like and comment on. You post to also say that you like my post. I do the same. Join in on all off topic conversations. Comment on all the other comments. Thank those who like your comment etc etc etc. You get my drift. Then, when we get into the top 10 we change our user names to our real names and, hey presto, we are invited to the next naming ceremony and are treated like royalty on every cruise thereafter. Simple really. I’m sorely tempted 😉 

I hope you are right😃🤫

31 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

we are invited to the next naming ceremony and are treated like royalty on every cruise thereafter. Simple really. I’m sorely tempted 😉 

I'm not tempted to go down that route. P&O know I have never criticised their refund policy, restaurants, prices etc and have welcomed the introduction of Iona, the most inspired ship afloat. Gary was an inspired choice as an ambassador. False praise at this late stage should not influence their guest list for the exciting naming ceremony. To save them the job of checking, We only live an hour from Southampton and have been privileged to sail on the wonderful Britannia 4 times.❤️🤣

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, wowzz said:

No, its just platitudes.

I care about anyone who suffers a bereavement,  but in all honesty, how can you care more about one individual on this forum,  than, say a person on a Sydney forum on Trip Advisor who has had a similar experience.

If people want to write "So, so sorry " fine, but it says more about the person posting than anything else. 

Sympathy is earnt and deserved. Just posting an inconsequential message on the internet is neither.

Before we cruised on Celebrity Edge I spent about 18 months on CC sharing my excitement, my views, my experiences of the launch of this new ship with a member called Vtcruising. Had no idea who it was or their life. Over that time she became a friend. Then last year we had a message on CC that she had unexpectedly died in her sleep at a young age. I was shaken and unashemedly sat and cried at the news. Her name is still there as she opened the EDGE cabin thread. 

Her CC 'family' mourned together. Were people who posted doing it for effect - I don't think so and if some were that is their problem

At the end of the day we are CC members but we are also human beings and it would be a sad day when people can not come on here to share their 'stories' and have others show compassion. 

By the way, to show any sort of respect for those suffering after a tragedy is to be admired - wherever the flowers are purchased. It is the thought that counts.  There are enough people in the world who don't seem to care so let's not criticise those who do.

Re my post about the whole ranking thing about reputation - I still don't get it and CC need to scrap it. That's just me as I live in a world of league tables. Sorry folks, I started this thread and wish I'd kept my keyboard mouth shut.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

There are enough people in the world who don't seem to care so let's not criticise those who do.

agree.gif.8a859a67b40e5b650fc0362c1cf9daa5.gif

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Before we cruised on Celebrity Edge I spent about 18 months on CC sharing my excitement, my views, my experiences of the launch of this new ship with a member called Vtcruising. Had no idea who it was or their life. Over that time she became a friend. Then last year we had a message on CC that she had unexpectedly died in her sleep at a young age. I was shaken and unashemedly sat and cried at the news. Her name is still there as she opened the EDGE cabin thread. 

Her CC 'family' mourned together. Were people who posted doing it for effect - I don't think so and if some were that is their problem

At the end of the day we are CC members but we are also human beings and it would be a sad day when people can not come on here to share their 'stories' and have others show compassion. 

By the way, to show any sort of respect for those suffering after a tragedy is to be admired - wherever the flowers are purchased. It is the thought that counts.  There are enough people in the world who don't seem to care so let's not criticise those who do.

Re my post about the whole ranking thing about reputation - I still don't get it and CC need to scrap it. That's just me as I live in a world of league tables. Sorry folks, I started this thread and wish I'd kept my keyboard mouth shut.

Cuizer2 was a regular poster and cruise review writer who also came on a Floataway Lounge thread I have been on for 2 years who died and we are a small group of great friends and we were all devastated.

The ranking is for information only and a fun topic of conversation for me although my American friends on RC threads take reputation and post count very seriously.

At least it has given us a topic to discuss today and hopefully in a light-hearted way.

Graham.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cuizer2 was a regular poster and cruise review writer who also came on a Floataway Lounge thread I have been on for 2 years who died and we are a small group of great friends and we were all devastated.

The ranking is for information only and a fun topic of conversation for me although my American friends on RC threads take reputation and post count very seriously.

At least it has given us a topic to discuss today and hopefully in a light-hearted way.

Graham.

Its been a long weekend so need to chill out -------- if I was a dwarf my name would be Grumpy tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak soon when I am perhaps Happy or Bashful 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Its been a long weekend so need to chill out -------- if I was a dwarf my name would be Grumpy tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak soon when I am perhaps Happy or Bashful 🙂 🙂 🙂

I think I am Sleepy tonight but hopefully with Covid19 I don't become Sneezy.😔🤓

• Haha 1