Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

32 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thank you Graham, I finally managed to set up a member "reputation" list, I am way down the list even below Harry, who seems to have gone missing over the last few days, I wonder if he is serving a ban, or just avoiding us.

Anyway I need to up my game if I am to catch up with your good self.

Thanks John.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:29 PM, grapau27 said:

John.

Click on the magnifying glass next to the + button.

Click on Content search and it will show member search.

Click on member search

Click on search members

Click on Sort By.

Then click on Reputation.

The first 1 is Sid second is John and Lala.

There are 24 per page 

Screenshot_20201014_232110_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201014_232127_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201014_232142_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201014_232213_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201014_232238_com.android.chrome.jpg

Have to say, I live in a world of League Tables so this makes me cringe --- sorry I didn't come on here to be in a competition. I don't get it at all and it make my stomach churn  .... what IS that about?????

Edited by Presto2
34 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say, I live in a world of League Tables so this makes me cringe --- sorry 

Why?

John asked a question because he was interested to know how to find out.

I told him how to find the answer that cruise critic supply and he was happy.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Why?

John asked a question because he was interested to know how to find out.

I told him how to find the answer that cruise critic supply and he was happy.

Graham.

Hi, not a reply to you at all Grapau. Sorry if it looks this - apologies xx

I am not sure about this whole thing where you can look about your own reputation and ranking on CC.

I live with this ranking system in my job and it is soul destroying at times so I find it difficult on CC as I take things too much to heart sometimes ... come on here to escape it all not be on a ranking system. 

That's me being open and honest with you all and if I have got it wrong re the whole system and what it is about apologies

And above all I don't want you to think I am getting at you Grapau27  You're one of my CC pals  😉

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I am not sure about this whole thing where you can look about your own reputation and ranking on CC.

I live with this ranking system in my job and it is soul destroying at times so I find it difficult on CC as I take things too much to heart sometimes ... come on here to escape it all not be on a ranking system. 

That's me being open and honest with you all and if I have got it wrong re the whole system and what it is about apologies

And above all I don't want you to think I am getting at you Grapau27  You're one of my CC pals  😉

Thanks.😃

Graham.

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Dont worry I  also have no interest in CC points system or anyone else's for that matter .

Cruise pins ,keep em (but I'm happy with the OBC discount that comes with it :classic_wink:)

For over a decade my signature on this site reads ....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else :classic_smile:

That goes for us all and no points system will ever change that . 

So I can assure you I would not judge anyone by a web sites pointless/worthless system :classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

I think it's called having a heart and a lot of people have supported each other through some

nasty times on these boards.  

I  hate to think what  the lady thinks after reading kind gestures from people she doesn't know

to a well so what attitude .

On these boards the mods set up a post  What's your day like .. should we all post who cares .

I for one will show empathy to anyone who needs it and they dont have to earn iot or know me to get it .

If people think we post on a bereavement to get a like ..then all I can say is what a sad state of affairs we have become.

Edited by kalos
19 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Any loss saddens me Wowzz for the people left behind and if I happen to come across someone sharing their grief, I am sorry for their loss and will tell them. 

Might be inconsequential to you, but not to me or the poster who is suffering... 

Andy 

Absolutely the way we think too.

Having gone through the loss of both our parents and most of our other relatives I can empathise with others in their loss.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Absolutely the way we think too.

Having gone through the loss of both our parents and most of our other relatives I can empathise with others in their loss.

Totally agree with this, plus Andy’s and Kalos’s comments above.
I am not a prolific poster but when I see a post from someone who is probably completely bereft from losing someone precious then I react with a few kind words which believe me in tough times means a great deal.
For anyone to believe that sympathy has to be earned and/or deserved is so very sad......

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Wowzz, your late night comments on every subject are often pointless and unhelpful... 

Are you trying to get up the league table? 

To imply that I post a message of condolence to improve my ranking is absolutely ridiculous. 

I have never looked at my ranking but I bet you have... 

Andy 

I think he was also aiming his comments at me too Andy.

You are a nice man Andy and like me try to help everyone if we can and show concern for others

feelings especially when they are down or have lost anyone.

It is 2 years tomorrow since Pauline's mam died and she cries every day.

Cruise Critic has helped a lot of us during lockdown and most of us have posted more which has been fantastic.

Graham.

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You are a nice man Andy and like me try to help everyone if we can and show concern for others

Cruise Critic has helped a lot of us during lockdown and most of us have posted more which has been fantastic.

Graham.

Pass our love and thoughts on to Pauline please Graham, difficult times for both of you. 

Michelle & Andy x

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Pass our love and thoughts on to Pauline please Graham, difficult times for both of you. 

Michelle & Andy x

And the same from  Mr & Mrs Kalos :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Michelle & Andy x

Thank you  Michelle & Andy we really appreciate your love and concern.

Pauline & Graham x.

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wowzz !!A

!! I am stunned by you're reaction. Have you no compassion for your fellow posters?? How on earth do you think Doreen felt when she read your post, or don't you  even care??? Granted, we only virtually 'know' each other, but during this last eight months people have been posting differently and have used the forum for support. I, among others have posted on here during two bereavments and the support I recieved helped more than you know. I am both hurt and bewildered by your lack of empathty towards your fellow posters. On another thread you found it perfectly acceptable to tell us that you had your cheek cut open and accepted everyone's sympathies and  expressions of relief for your recovery. I don't know why you felt the need to vent in this hurtful way in reply to a reputation points post, but if you need to talk, you can always talk to us, it helps 

Avril

Thank you, Avril. You've just said everything I wanted to, but so much better.

Oh dear. A thread designed to reconcile has turned tetchy! As a beneficiary of the good natured intent of this thread, I feel compelled to comment.

I enjoyed using this forum for many years, not for the ‘chat’ but for sharing our P&O cruise experiences and learning about those of others. I left having been irritated by one or two confrontational members. As social media is of no consequence to me, that could have been it, but a lot of members posted some very complimentary things about my posts at the time and then this thread popped up asking where I was, so I responded and was welcomed back with open arms. It is, in the main, a warm and welcoming environment and, I am sure, for those who perhaps live alone and others, an invaluable tool and source of friendship, albeit in virtual form. 

As for the league table, I use an iPad with Safari and, in that format, they are virtually impossible to find. However, when it was first mentioned I managed to find it once, with great difficulty, and it was obvious to me that, even though there is a separate post score, the ‘reputation’ score was primarily driven by the number and frequency of posts that a member makes. This, in turn, by dint of volume, results in more ‘reactions’ and quotes, which bump up the score. In other words, it’s pretty meaningless and is not a genuine rating of someone’s reputation. I have no axe to grind on this by the way as the one time I looked I was very surprised at how high I rated, but then I realised that, at that time, I was making quite a lot of posts. Having not posted for a month I suspect that I have plummeted but it is of no consequence to me and I can’t be bothered to check, even if I could remember how to find it!

There are some posters who respond to most posts and although they have very high post counts and reputation scores as a result, I do not believe that this is their motivation for posting. As I say, from personal experience, I believe that it is out of genuine friendship and support for their virtual friends. I know that some have challenged this approach in the past for causing ‘clutter’ in threads and making them unnecessarily lengthy, but I don’t find it a problem. If a post appeals to me, because I agree with it, or it makes me smile, I will ‘like’ it rather than post a comment saying that I do, but it doesn’t bother me if others feel the need to comment. I just skip over them. I personally wouldn’t use this forum to discuss personal matters either, as it’s a cruise forum, but If others chose to do so then I can easily skip over those as well. It’s not my style, but I also know that a problem shared is a problem halved and, again, I have no problem with it. 

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wowzz !!A

!! I am stunned by you're reaction. Have you no compassion for your fellow posters?? How on earth do you think Doreen felt when she read your post, or don't you  even care??? Granted, we only virtually 'know' each other, but during this last eight months people have been posting differently and have used the forum for support. I, among others have posted on here during two bereavments and the support I recieved helped more than you know. I am both hurt and bewildered by your lack of empathty towards your fellow posters. On another thread you found it perfectly acceptable to tell us that you had your cheek cut open and accepted everyone's sympathies and  expressions of relief for your recovery. I don't know why you felt the need to vent in this hurtful way in reply to a reputation points post, but if you need to talk, you can always talk to us, it helps 

Avril

Very well said Avril.

I was shocked by Wowzz response but I'm sure he is the only one on here who thinks that way.

Graham.

I’ve been sitting here for about 20 minutes trying to find the right words, but Avril has said it much better than I ever could.

It comes down to empathy for a fellow human being.

Wowzz, you must have had a loved one who has died. How would you feel if someone had written your post just a couple of days afterwards? 

Personally, I would have felt completely crushed. 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

It's a bit like leaving flowers wrapped in cellophane,  bought from a garage, at a crash site. Just why?  

Whenever I see such roadside "tributes", it makes me think something went for someone here, need to be extra careful.  Probably not the reason why people placed the tributes there, but they do have the effect of providing a form of warning to other road users, if they choose to take that information on board.

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I understand how Pauline must be feeling. My parents died in 1991 & 1993, and with every passing year it became easier but no less painful. My thoughts will be with her tomorrow.

Avril

The only part of that hurtful/insensitive  post I can agree with  is...

"If people want to write "So, so sorry " fine, but it says more about the person posting than anything else. "

Which is you are all a caring bunch of people, folks :classic_smile: Thank You !

Message to Doreen Sorry you had to read some of the above ,hope you are doing OK .

If you need to talk or a bit of virtual company then as Avril posted we are here.:classic_smile:

We may not be able to help but one thing's for sure ,it will not stop us trying :classic_wink:

once again ,Take Care and our thought and best wishes are with you.

Kind regards ...Kalos x

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I understand how Pauline must be feeling. My parents died in 1991 & 1993, and with every passing year it became easier but no less painful. My thoughts will be with her tomorrow.

Avril

Thank you Avril x.