When do you think cruising will begin?

molly361

Poll Time When do you think cruising will begin?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think cruising will begin?

• December 2020 Limited short Sailings
    • January 2021
    • February 2021
    • March 2021
    • April 2021
    • Later in 2021

When cruising resumes isn’t really a big concerns for me. I’m more concerned about people reaching the Spring with their physical and mental health intact and their finances in some kinda decent shape. 
When I do cruise, I want it to be like it was before. No masks, no limit on social interaction, buffets open, etc. Unfortunately I think that will be late 2022 or 2023. 

• Like 7

I think there will be test runs / shakedown cruises out of PortMiami or P.C. with crew only possibly in November or December.  As for passengers, think early 2021.  PortMiami has on its schedule Navigator of the Seas arriving at 5am and departing at 5pm on Nov 2nd and every week throughout November and December.  There hasn't been a cruise ship at PortMiami in quite some time so the fact that Navigator is on its schedule is a promising sign. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-10 at 5.49.22 PM.png

I voted dec with limited short sailings on navigator and mariner is my guess.  Then if all goes well and there is demand for it  by end january they may add some other ships.  

I know my 12 night dec will be cancelled and quite honestly I'm not excited about my 7 night rhapsody sailing in january.  If they dont cancel it I will.  But I sure hope we can sail on the 7 night end of march for DH birthday cruise that got cancelled last march.

9 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

PortMiami has on its schedule Navigator of the Seas arriving at 5am and departing at 5pm on Nov 2nd and every week throughout November and December.  There hasn't been a cruise ship at PortMiami in quite some time so the fact that Navigator is on its schedule is a promising sign. 

Navigator was in Miami today. So ready to see her and other ships sailing for real again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Navigator was in Miami today. So ready to see her and other ships sailing for real again. 

That's good to know.  Haven't been to that part of town in a while.  On another thread someone mentioned there was a waiter that received a notice to report to work on Navigator in late October -- another good sign. 

• Like 1

With the crew starting to be called back they could run the month of November on the Navigator with crew only. If all goes well and protocols adhered to December is a possibility for reduced passengers. In the mean time call enough staff back for the Mariner. They could run December with crew only. Again if all goes well run with passengers in January with reduced capacity. And so on down the line. Basically bring in one ship per month. They have mentioned in the past that is could take a couple of years to get fully operational. This is all new for the crew and there will be a lot of training involved. 

• Like 1