Is the current offer for open bar the equivalent to the premium drinks package or premium plus drinks package?

Reason I ask is that I just booked a cruise and usually there is an option to upgrade to Premium Plus, but the only option listed is the full priced premium plus (~$2300). No upgrade option. Same thing with the WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's the standard premium beverage package when you book with the perk.  Once your booking is in MyNCL the upgrade price should show.  If it doesn't, call.  Either something went wrong with your booking (no drink package linked to it) or MyNCL has an IT error.  My cruise in February shows an upgrade price available to me.

On my last NCL cruise, there was no option to upgrade online, and when I called the rep didn't have any idea what I was talking about... Once on board, I was able to upgrade at a table set up in the Atrium, and soon had my new card printed, showing the upgraded package...

I believe the upgrades took a few days to show after my reservation. 

I have a question on the premium plus package that is showing on my upgrade page. Does this include drinks in the Starbucks venue on the Encore? Also can you take the wine bottle unfinished back to your cabin?  Any details would be much appreciated. 

Tracie

@Summerstravel this is what I found when searching NCL; 

Premium Plus Beverage PackageEnjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee! For all-inclusive cruises on Norwegian Sun and Norwegian Sky, the Premium Plus Beverage Package can be purchased on board as an upgrade. Guests with the Premium Beverage Package may upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage Package on board at the Restaurant Reservations Desk on embarkation day.onboard-packages/beverage-packages

HtHs

Cheers

9 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I believe the upgrades took a few days to show after my reservation. 

I have a question on the premium plus package that is showing on my upgrade page. Does this include drinks in the Starbucks venue on the Encore? Also can you take the wine bottle unfinished back to your cabin?  Any details would be much appreciated. 

Tracie

Specialty coffee (Starbucks) included - - -

And you can bring any beverages back to your cabin -

Wine need glasses have your cabin steward furnish or request from the restaurant waiter.

Premium Plus Beverage Package (ages 21 & older)
Available as an Upgrade from Free at Sea Premium Beverage Package

$128.00 USDper person per day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: PPB

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

Prepaid @ $128.00 USD per person per day plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Pop Program.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Specialty coffee (Starbucks) included - - -

And you can bring any beverages back to your cabin -

Wine need glasses have your cabin steward furnish or request from the restaurant waiter.

Premium Plus Beverage Package (ages 21 & older)
Available as an Upgrade from Free at Sea Premium Beverage Package

$128.00 USDper person per day

Beverage Package

ITEM #: PPB

If getting in touch with your more decadent side is on the agenda, then this is for you. Our Premium Plus Beverage Package includes the widest selection of beverages by the glass, such as Veuve Clicquot, Patrón Añejo, The Macallan Quest and more. Enjoy all beverages by the glass throughout your cruises including unlimited soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and select bottles of wine with dinner, plus, still and sparkling water, energy drinks, and specialty coffee!

Prepaid @ $128.00 USD per person per day plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

Individuals under the age of 21 will be required to purchase the Pop Program.

The $300 or so per day for 2 persons to have the upgrade drink package....that's a lot of loot!!!!  Actually, insanity in my opinion.   

4 hours ago, roger001 said:

The $300 or so per day for 2 persons to have the upgrade drink package....that's a lot of loot!!!!  Actually, insanity in my opinion.   

Clarification ?

The base Premium package $99 (+ grats) is usually FREE (at sea) paying only the + grats.

The Premium Plus package $128 (+ grats) is only $29 more daily with the above package + grats.

Those Grats don't you just love them part of the FEE AT SEA packages ! 

So the Premium Plus package with the FREE package is $203 for a 7 day cruise per person + of course those grats

and not $300 daily. There is the double occupancy factor to apply also. 

Still yet that is an awful amount of money for a liquid diet !

Suggestion select the FREE package and compare getting a fancy premium drink over the $15 threshold

a few times while on the cruise - unless your budget allows for this departure.

Wine or Beer drinker think of a different program altogether. 

22 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Clarification ?

The base Premium package $99 (+ grats) is usually FREE (at sea) paying only the + grats.

The Premium Plus package $128 (+ grats) is only $29 more daily with the above package + grats.

Those Grats don't you just love them part of the FEE AT SEA packages ! 

So the Premium Plus package with the FREE package is $203 for a 7 day cruise per person + of course those grats

and not $300 daily. There is the double occupancy factor to apply also. 

Still yet that is an awful amount of money for a liquid diet !

Suggestion select the FREE package and compare getting a fancy premium drink over the $15 threshold

a few times while on the cruise - unless your budget allows for this departure.

Wine or Beer drinker think of a different program altogether. 

Thanks.   

39 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Thanks.   

I disagree on that calculation.  The Premium Beverage package is $99 +20%/day.  To upgrade to the Premium Beverage Plus package is an additional $29+20%/day.  Or without the promo, $128+20%/day, not $203.  You don't have to repay the initial $99, hence why it is an upgrade, not full retail.

So, right now I am booked on a 15 day cruise, and have the Premium Beverage package promo.  My cruise planner is throwing in the grats on it.  In my cruise planner, it offers me an upgrade to the Premium Plus Beverage package for an additional $29+20%/day...and it is priced at $522.00 for my cruise.  

image.png.82f89a58593245bb5c1153d6d13041aa.png

so, 15 days x $29 = $435.  Gratuities are ($435 * 20%)=$87.  $435+$87=$522.

If I were not to have the free at see Premium Beverage package, and I wanted the Premium Plus Package, it would be $128+20%/day.  A whooping 15 days * $128=$1920, Gratuities are ($1920 * 20%)= $384.  $1920 + $384 = $2304.  That is a ton of Veurve, y'all.

For me, I will always upgrade to the Premium Plus.  I am staying in the Haven, and like to take my cruise as an opportunity to try new drinks, buy top shelf for a change and not worry about anything.  Almost everything was included under the premium plus, and I love that about the plan.  Last time I was in the Haven, I found a couple of amazing wines, enjoyed Veurve Mimosas each morning, and nightcaps of of Remy Martin 1738....and lots of other stuff in between.  Granted, I needed a short stint at the Betty Ford Clinic upon my return (kidding), but I had an amazing time.  

I rarely drink on land except some wine on occasion.  So I used my cruise as a care free splurge. Isn't that what vacations are for?

:)

My Ouija Board Magic *8* Ball oranges and apples apricots and mangos are not in alinement on this !

Re Check the math -

You already have the premium package of $99 daily + grats that is a FREE promotional -

Upgrading $29.00 daily x 7 (day cruise) = $203 per person or $406 double occupancy + those grats.

I would not be paying $128.00 daily per person + grats WITHOUT the starter Premium package being FREE.

Haven DOS OS suite suite or even a bilge cabin deck 3 - I have my limits.

I might be interested to try the Premium Plus package whenever my ship comes in - - - LOL !

13 hours ago, roger001 said:

Yes, @don't-use-real-nameand I agree.  It was this $300/day for 2 persons that was throwing me.