Jump to content

Alaska 2022


phabric
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, JudithLynne said:

I booked Alaska 2022 with HAL last weekend.

 

The Cruise only bookings with HAL for summer 2022 Alaska went on Sale 11/11, the Land & Sea Journeys go on sale 11/24.

 

No word on a date yet for Princess But I think we can expect 2022 to be a near carbon copy of 2021 - 4 ships doing 7nt N/S runs between Vancouver and Whittier to combine with cruisetours, 2 ships in Seattle doing 7nt R/T sailings and 1 ship in San Francisco doing 10 night sailings.  LA is the question mark as to whether they will offer 14nt sailings from there or not in 2022.  I have some ideas as to how they may deploy ships but will wait until I have real confirmation before saying anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

No word on a date yet for Princess But I think we can expect 2022 to be a near carbon copy of 2021 - 4 ships doing 7nt N/S runs between Vancouver and Whittier to combine with cruisetours, 2 ships in Seattle doing 7nt R/T sailings and 1 ship in San Francisco doing 10 night sailings.  LA is the question mark as to whether they will offer 14nt sailings from there or not in 2022. 

 

I heard that there will only be 6 ships in Alaska in 2022.

 

Discovery: Seattle

Emerald: Seattle

Majestic: Vancouver-Whittier

Sapphire: Vancouver-Whittier

Grand: Vancouver-Whittier

Ruby: San Francisco

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

I heard that there will only be 6 ships in Alaska in 2022.

 

Discovery: Seattle

Emerald: Seattle

Majestic: Vancouver-Whittier

Sapphire: Vancouver-Whittier

Grand: Vancouver-Whittier

Ruby: San Francisco

 

Where is Royal going to be?  Will she stay in Aus/NZ for Austral Winter (N. Hemisphere Summer) 2022?  Or will she head to Singapore/Taiwan?

 

Also - any word on Pacific?  She was not included in the European announcement leaked earlier today.

 

Assuming Diamond heads back to Japan as rumored after she spends winter 2021/22 in South America.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

 

Where is Royal going to be?  Will she stay in Aus/NZ for Austral Winter (N. Hemisphere Summer) 2022?  Or will she head to Singapore/Taiwan?

 

Also - any word on Pacific?  She was not included in the European announcement leaked earlier today.

 

Assuming Diamond heads back to Japan as rumored after she spends winter 2021/22 in South America.

 

Diamond is almost confirmed to be in Japan in summer 2022.

 

Royal and Pacific are the last two ships that I do not have much information yet.

 

But I strongly believe Royal will be in Taiwan in spring-summer 2022. She can be found in some port schedules.

 

For Pacific, the only thing we can know is that, her furthest available voyage will be Sydney to Yokohama in March 2022. Where will she go after Japan? Perhaps she will be the 7th ship in Alaska? Or ready to leave the fleet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

Diamond is almost confirmed to be in Japan in summer 2022.

 

Royal and Pacific are the last two ships that I do not have much information yet.

 

But I strongly believe Royal will be in Taiwan in spring-summer 2022. She can be found in some port schedules.

 

For Pacific, the only thing we can know is that, her furthest available voyage will be Sydney to Yokohama in March 2022. Where will she go after Japan? Perhaps she will be the 7th ship in Alaska? Or ready to leave the fleet?

 

I agree with the above and had thought Pacific might either A) go to Vancouver to do the N/S runs paired mostly with Connoisseur/Off the Beaten Path cruisetours like she was in 2019 or B) go to LA and do a full season of 14 day voyages from there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StrawberryHill said:

if 2021 Alaska gets cancelled, will there be anything left in Alaska to see in 2022 ?

Whales, Bears, Moose, Mountains, Glaciers etc aren’t going much of anywhere - LOL

 

Would anyone really miss Diamonds International, Tanzanite International, Tshirt schlockarama etc?  This may be a way for the Alaska port towns to get back to their roots if all the seasonal foreign owned shops pick up and pack out. 
 

The real concern for me would be local tour operators that can help get us away from ports and into the wilderness we are going there for. Will they survive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, StrawberryHill said:

if 2021 Alaska gets cancelled, will there be anything left in Alaska to see in 2022 ?

 

I hope that your comment was in jest and you are not being serious.

 

The real AK will always be there even if nobody comes to visit.  Having done land trips in AK as well as cruises, it is actually better w/o the tens of thousands of cruise ship passengers that clog the towns and the multiple shops that exist to sell them junk.  If you really feel a need to see AK by ship, there is always (hopefully) the Alaska marine highway.

 

DON

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

I heard that there will only be 6 ships in Alaska in 2022.

 

Discovery: Seattle

Emerald: Seattle

Majestic: Vancouver-Whittier

Sapphire: Vancouver-Whittier

Grand: Vancouver-Whittier

Ruby: San Francisco

 

Never mind.  Wrong year. Lol

Edited by Tiggerontheseas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, joan081460 said:

Yes, unfortunately ☹️!

us too!!!   That was really a different,  great itinerary, Might be very hard to find another one like that again.  😞

Edited by Jimbo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:38 PM, Jimbo said:

us too!!!   That was really a different,  great itinerary, Might be very hard to find another one like that again.  😞

Hi we found another one for Alaska.  It has 3 Glacier days.  We already booked it for May 2, 2022 for 12 nights.  Same itinerary as before with just a more added.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good find...........not sure how you are figuring 3 Glacier Days though. We have something else all ready booked for March 2022, can't see us doing another one so soon after. We also have been to Alaska before in May, so wanted to try later in the season , August or September.

 

Did find an interesting on September 2022, a 10 day cruise that might be to our liking with both Glacier and Hubbard.

 

Same cruiseline, different ship then your 12 nighter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, Alaska will still be there, but some of the towns might not be. Like it or not, some of the towns live or die with cruise passengers.. The tourist trap shops still employ the local people, so without the tourists, there won't be jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This isn’t probably the best place for this question but thought I’d try as it is directly to do with out Alaska 2022 cruise.

 

With the AUD to USD conversion quite good at the moment, I’m seriously thinking of exchanging some money.

 

So my question is ....... while in Alaska what would be best??? A travel card which has USD or cash? It’s probably pretty obvious but we would be hoping to do some souvenir shopping, eating at the local venues and the possible last minute tour. 
 

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated as it appears many on CC have been to Alaska.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Loki S said:

This isn’t probably the best place for this question but thought I’d try as it is directly to do with out Alaska 2022 cruise.

 

With the AUD to USD conversion quite good at the moment, I’m seriously thinking of exchanging some money.

 

So my question is ....... while in Alaska what would be best??? A travel card which has USD or cash? It’s probably pretty obvious but we would be hoping to do some souvenir shopping, eating at the local venues and the possible last minute tour. 
 

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated as it appears many on CC have been to Alaska.


Virtually all merchants and eateries will accept debit/credit cards.  No need for cash, other than for tipping guides/drivers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...