Princess EZair Business Class Airfares

STLCRUISIN

Hi All, We booked a Princess cruise for next August 2021 roundtrip out of Southampton to be followed up with a Celebrity cruise from Southampton, England to Boston. I checked one-way Business Class airfares (STL-LHR) through both Princess EZair and Flights By Celebrity and Princess has, by far, the lowest fare I've ever seen for a one-way flight... over $900 less than Celebrity. Both are the same....Buy Now, Pay Later and you can cancel at any time up to 45 days and within the 45 days you get a credit.

Okay, so has anyone taken advantage of Princess EZair in the past, are their rates generally very good for international flights and how is it dealing with them in the event of any changes/cancellations (can you work directly with the airline). I'm looking to make sure their isn't a catch somewhere that I don't see because the one-way business class fares look too good to be true when comparing to Celebrity and directly with the airlines.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

My wife and I have used Princess EZ Air on all of our cruises requiring airfare and have never had a problem. I like the fact that I can go into the EZ Air website, search for cheaper flights, and rebook them up until 45 days before your departure.

No fee cancellation and changes with flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure. Airfare does not have to be paid until until cruise final payment.

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 1

We use EZAir all the time.  No gimmicks or anything to worry about.  The fares are often very much lower than any other source, but keep checking frequently for repricing by Princess (and the airline).  It's one of the best kept secrets in the cruising industry.

• Like 1

I would guess that you know you can book the air round trip using EZAir and extending the return date to after the last cruise. We have done this many times as we wanted to extend our time in Australia, NZ or the UK. I have always found EZ air to have better prices when going overseas. I have also used it to make side trips prior to arriving at cruise departure city.

• Like 1

For international flights it's the only way to go. We once purchased one-way tickets to London on Virgin Atlantic through EZ Air. Virgin, Expedia, Cheopo Air, etc. all wanted something like $3,500 per person. Princess had the exact same flights for $305 per person. It's hard to beat a deal like that.

• Like 3

Have used EZair to book International  flights.   Prices were great.   I would suggest booking as early as possible. I found pricing to be the lowest when the booking first opened.  Seems the  later you booked the higher the prices got.    Just our experience.  

• Like 1

No tricks. Depending on the airline you can probably even select your seats when you book. Payment is due at the time of final cruise payment, normally 90 days prior to the cruise date, but could be even closer, 60 days, if Princess extends its current Covid booking terms. You can follow the fares in the cruise personlizer. If they are reduced you can change without penalty up to 45 days before. Princess insurance is covered by Princess' insurance. For business class I don't see any downside or risks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

No tricks. Depending on the airline you can probably even select your seats when you book. Payment is due at the time of final cruise payment, normally 90 days prior to the cruise date, but could be even closer, 60 days, if Princess extends its current Covid booking terms. You can follow the fares in the cruise personlizer. If they are reduced you can change without penalty up to 45 days before. Princess insurance is covered by Princess' insurance. For business class I don't see any downside or risks.

I meant to say EZ Air is covered by Princess insurance.

We flew Business Class through EZair (last year) into Barcelona and back from Rome.  The price we found was remarkable and MUCH less than any other Business Class fare we could find. We were very pleased.  It was Delta into Barcelona and Alitalia from Rome back to the US.  To me, it often seems like EZairs international fares are better than their domestic fares.

• Like 1

We used this service through Celebrity in 2018 and thought it was so wonderful;

the fares cost MUCH less and there were no gimmicks.

We have already booked our EZ Air with Princess for Sept. 2021. And YES, remember

that you can fly in much earlier to explore pre-cruise and extend the return trip; post- cruise

It is a wonderful service that the cruise line provides.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your positive insights on EZair. We have already booked the one-way flight with Princess and the Business Class fare from Saint Louis to London Heathrow was only $1209/pp vs $2700/pp through Celebrity and over $5000/pp one-way directly with the airlines. So you can see why I was a little skeptical of the Princess fare.

I just hope by next August the world will have returned to some sense of normalcy. In the meantime, thanks again and stay safe.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

Thank you everyone for your positive insights on EZair. We have already booked the one-way flight with Princess and the Business Class fare from Saint Louis to London Heathrow was only $1209/pp vs $2700/pp through Celebrity and over $5000/pp one-way directly with the airlines. So you can see why I was a little skeptical of the Princess fare.

I just hope by next August the world will have returned to some sense of normalcy. In the meantime, thanks again and stay safe.

Thanks for the info.  This is worth looking into.  We need a one way to Singapore and back from Rome and I would love Bus class since I worry about DVT on long flights. 

I know this is off the topic but you will love AMA and I'm sure you will visit the Keukhenof Gardens on that one.  The gardens are in the top 5 most beautiful places we have ever been.

2 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thanks for the info.  This is worth looking into.  We need a one way to Singapore and back from Rome and I would love Bus class since I worry about DVT on long flights. 

I know this is off the topic but you will love AMA and I'm sure you will visit the Keukhenof Gardens on that one.  The gardens are in the top 5 most beautiful places we have ever been.

We did the Christmas Markets on AMA a couple years ago. This will be our 2nd with them and just moved it from April 2021 to April 2022. My wife loved AMA, me not so much because we got the lowest accommodation which was below deck, very small windows too high up to look out (I called it the aquarium room). And also since it was cold couldn't use the top deck much so we spent our time inside when not on excursions.  The Tulip Cruise should be better. A bit warmer and we moved on up like the Jefferson's to a deluxe accommodation 😄.

Good luck with your Business class search!!

12 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Early 2020 we cruised Singapore to Rome and purchased Business Class EzAir flights.    San Diego/Tokyo/Singapore on Japan Airlines.  Return Rome/Heathrow/San Diego on British Airways.    Fare was around $2K each.  Definitely worth the money.

We have used EZAir multiple times and have always saved money.  I've also rebooked air multiple times to secure even greater savings when fare drops have occurred.  If you reserve independently you have to pay immediately and can't take advantage of price drops.  The added plus now is that you don't have to pay for the air until the final payment and so your money isn't tied up for a cruise that may or may not happen.  We've gotten every penny back from Princess for air that we had paid in full when the cruise cancelled.

5 hours ago, STLCRUISIN said:

We did the Christmas Markets on AMA a couple years ago. This will be our 2nd with them and just moved it from April 2021 to April 2022. My wife loved AMA, me not so much because we got the lowest accommodation which was below deck, very small windows too high up to look out (I called it the aquarium room). And also since it was cold couldn't use the top deck much so we spent our time inside when not on excursions.  The Tulip Cruise should be better. A bit warmer and we moved on up like the Jefferson's to a deluxe accommodation 😄.

Good luck with your Business class search!!

Well, on your advice, we did it but only the trip to Singapore.  I never thought we would ever fly on China Airlines but business class for 2 for $1328 CDN is compelling.  I just hope it's not a paper airplane LOL.

I loved your comment about the aquarium room.  We called them swan rooms!  Anyway, we had booked one of those and we got upgraded for free to a small balcony room.  And I have to say, you have made the right decision booking one of those.  I do so want to do another river cruise.  We sailed Budapest to Amsterdam and it was spectacular.

I wish I could meet you to thank you for your advice re EZair.  Enjoy your sailings.

Yes, I like the ability to change things and get a refund if it doesn't work out.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, STLCRUISIN said:

Hi All, We booked a Princess cruise for next August 2021 roundtrip out of Southampton to be followed up with a Celebrity cruise from Southampton, England to Boston. I checked one-way Business Class airfares (STL-LHR) through both Princess EZair and Flights By Celebrity and Princess has, by far, the lowest fare I've ever seen for a one-way flight... over $900 less than Celebrity. Both are the same....Buy Now, Pay Later and you can cancel at any time up to 45 days and within the 45 days you get a credit.

Okay, so has anyone taken advantage of Princess EZair in the past, are their rates generally very good for international flights and how is it dealing with them in the event of any changes/cancellations (can you work directly with the airline). I'm looking to make sure their isn't a catch somewhere that I don't see because the one-way business class fares look too good to be true when comparing to Celebrity and directly with the airlines.

Thanks for your help.

We have done several European cruises as well as several transatlantic cruises.  Always used EZAir.  One advantage in the past was after booking and reserving our flights (not paid for yet) we found as the final payment got closer, EZ Air offered incredible discounts.  We flew to Copenhagen once round trip for $184. each.  Can't beat that.  There were other times as well.  Plus the fact that it doesn't cost anything if you do have to change flights or cancel.

17 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Well, on your advice, we did it but only the trip to Singapore.  I never thought we would ever fly on China Airlines but business class for 2 for $1328 CDN is compelling.  I just hope it's not a paper airplane LOL.

I loved your comment about the aquarium room.  We called them swan rooms!  Anyway, we had booked one of those and we got upgraded for free to a small balcony room.  And I have to say, you have made the right decision booking one of those.  I do so want to do another river cruise.  We sailed Budapest to Amsterdam and it was spectacular.

I wish I could meet you to thank you for your advice re EZair.  Enjoy your sailings.

Yes, I like the ability to change things and get a refund if it doesn't work out.

Well Done!!!! Glad you were able to find such a great fare for BC seats. It makes flying so much easier to manage....especially a long flight from Canada to Asia. We did a 14 day from Hong Kong (prior to the current unrest) to Singapore in February 2019 and absolutely loved every moment of it. Spent a few days in Singapore after the cruise for sightseeing.

Your AMA cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam sounds like it was a 14 day sailing the Danube AND Rhine?? I'll bet it truly was spectacular!!