Wine Anyone? What would you order if you could?

nini

4 hours ago, nini said:

Hi Thrak- I looked up Total Wine locations close to you. It would be the Sacramento

area and in Reno. Guess what? Total Wine has the Spellbound Petit Sirah for $9.89 per bottle

when purchasing 6 bottles or more of anything. Plus, they offer FREE shipping with orders

$99.00 or more. My closest Total Wine is 75 miles away as is our closest Costco and Trader Joe's.

I just do a big loop in Olympia about every 3 weeks or so.

Guess what I will be purchasing tomorrow? Thanks for the suggestion on this wine.

loge23- We have no Publix on the west coast. I have heard that they have some great deals!

Weird. Just checked the Sacramento and Roseville Total Wine web sites and can't find that price. Also, they said my address isn't available for shipping.

Edit: D'Oh! It said not eligible for delivery - not shipping. My bad. Still can't see that price though. Cheapest I can find is at least $2 per bottle more.

Edited by Thrak

On 10/18/2020 at 4:29 PM, Thrak said:

Weird. Just checked the Sacramento and Roseville Total Wine web sites and can't find that price. Also, they said my address isn't available for shipping.

Edit: D'Oh! It said not eligible for delivery - not shipping. My bad. Still can't see that price though. Cheapest I can find is at least $2 per bottle more.

Well, I have to tell you that unfortunately, I have seen varying prices for the same wine from the same company (i.e. Total Wine). I bought some Spellbound Petit Sirah today on my journey to Olympia. Cheers!

Question....Has wines by the glass been the same price regardless of what winery/vintage it is?

I’ve got the ultimate beverage package so I’m wondering if there is more expensive wines to try. 

At the wine tastings anyone know if the wines we taste are only by the bottle or are some available by the glass. 

Thanks?

Tom😀

On 10/19/2020 at 5:42 PM, trbarton said:

Question....Has wines by the glass been the same price regardless of what winery/vintage it is?

I’ve got the ultimate beverage package so I’m wondering if there is more expensive wines to try. 

At the wine tastings anyone know if the wines we taste are only by the bottle or are some available by the glass. 

Thanks?

Tom😀

Wines by the glass range only by a few dollars.  Only one or 2 were over $12, few less than $7

My experience with wines from the tastings is mainly by the bottle, the main venues have a set list by the glass.  You may find some, that were tasted, in Vines by the glass.  I do recall a dessert wine being available by the glass in the MDR.

Edited by Ferd Berfle

We are on our 3rd bottle this week of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrels California Cabernet 2018 right now and we both think it is drinking rather nicely.  Went out today and bought a case.

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
Extra

52 minutes ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

We are on our 3rd bottle this week of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Bourbon Barrels California Cabernet 2018 right now and we both think it is drinking rather nicely.  Went out today and bought a case.

SOMEHOW and I really do not know how this wine came to be in my

possession, but it was so FABULOUS! I had a 2014 Robert Mondavi Private

Selection Heritage Red Blend which I decided to open.

WOW! I wish I had a few cases! So smooth and velvety!