Cancel or go undecided January 9 Enchanted

MarkE

Dear OP- Do you have a Medicare Advantage Plan or Supplement Pan?

The Supplement covers international travel with a 50K lifetime

maximum.

Otherwise, it is a good idea to get the travel insurance with medical

which is what we do.

You have received very good advice and thoughts. I would wait and

see if Princess cancels first and if not, cancel it myself.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grego said:

We are booked on the January 9th voyage as well and, it's a 14 day itinerary.  The only reason for us to cancel that booking is because they are assuring us that either the 19th or 20th of December sailings are still happening.  Our preference is the 20th on the Sky because she is doing PR this time.

If all the precautions are in place aboard the ship as planned, we have no concern about being on the ship.  We have nearly 50 voyages aboard Princess ships with a lot of great memories and many shipboard friendships we have made and it's time to support our cruise line and get back to living again.

We will tell you all about our great voyage when we get back.

I admire your optimism and enthusiasm.  We cancelled this cruise about a month ago (I posted earlier on this thread).  I hope that on Jan 9 we will be kicking ourselves for canceling!  Good luck!  Your pictures are fabulous, BTW. 

17 minutes ago, Andrew J. Cat said:

I admire your optimism and enthusiasm.  We cancelled this cruise about a month ago (I posted earlier on this thread).  I hope that on Jan 9 we will be kicking ourselves for canceling!  Good luck!  Your pictures are fabulous, BTW. 

Thanks for your comments.  We are indeed optimistic because to feel otherwise would be giving up on our dreams for our future.  Our hope that we will see positive signs at the end of the month (October) that the voyages schedule in December are good to go.  We had originally booked the inaugural November voyage from PE on the Enchanted which we all know that was canceled and booked the January voyages because we were thinking that we would forgo our usual Christmas/New Year's voyages and go north, but now it looks like the plans to be up north for the holidays can't happen so...............maybe we will rebook and go on the Sky in December for the holidays and then go on the Enchanted in February and enjoy the benefits of the different itineraries they offer.

Thank you also for your comment on our images. We have been blessed to have been to some wonderful places and captured images that help us remember our time there and that Princess has blessed us with using many of them on their ships and elsewhere.

Still time to book the January 9th voyage and hope to see you aboard.  If not, be well and please enjoy your next voyage.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, phabric said:

I have the Enchanted for March 13, 2021 with final payment January 12.

I wish Princess would hurry up and tell us if they are going to cancel.

You have almost three months until final payment, why the rush?  It's all up in the air at this point.   Will Port Everglades be open?  If not, will they possibly switch to MIA as the embarkation port?

We have reservations on the 1/9 sailing and we're just waiting to see what happens and if it cancels, we'll hopefully be able to flip the FCC to the 4/17 sailing, which visits the same ports. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:21 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I would cancel and get your money back. Who knows what the new cruising experience will be like or how precautions will affect the enjoyment of the cruise. I for one will not be booking anything before I know what the on board experience will be like. This seems to be dragging on longer than anyone expected it to. Who knows when cruising will even start up. Back in March people were hoping for the Summer now here we are in the Fall and no further along than we were 7 months ago.

I have one Royal cruise on Oasis that I did a L&S from this November to next simply because it was a non refundable deposit and I really had nothing to lose by doing that.  But, I have absolutely no intentions of booking anything else until cruising has resumed and I know what is happening on board.

I hope by next November, this thing is under control so I can take my cruise.  Even if there are restrictions about leaving the ship I can live with that on Oasis, but it's not something I will be interested in doing on future cruises.

OP - I agree with everyone else - cancel and rebook at some future date.

7 minutes ago, mek said:

I have one Royal cruise on Oasis that I did a L&S from this November to next simply because it was a non refundable deposit and I really had nothing to lose by doing that.  But, I have absolutely no intentions of booking anything else until cruising has resumed and I know what is happening on board.

I hope by next November, this thing is under control so I can take my cruise.  Even if there are restrictions about leaving the ship I can live with that on Oasis, but it's not something I will be interested in doing on future cruises.

OP - I agree with everyone else - cancel and rebook at some future date.

Well I wont book anything until I read that masks are no longer required. I work all day with a mask in a retail environment and I refuse to wear one on a cruise. Now on the Royal Caribbean board they are talking about mandatory masks while sitting on the sun deck and around the pool. I just started a new job so I have no vacation time. Hopefully this will all have passed by the time I accrue time off.  I appreciate those making the pilgrimage on the first ship out but anyone who asks for an opinion I will suggest canceling.  

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

an opinion I will suggest canceling.

again, having a choice is a beautiful thing ... 🍻  🍷  🥃  🍸

and individual choice ... depending on an individuals situation and risk factors - totally understand to the max

the mask thing in a major inconvenience, but more importantly what happens if someone tests positive onboard, and somewhat important - depending on itinerary and ports - what happens about getting off the ship and excursions

• Like 1

We're booked on 12/19 and 2/27 Enchanted cruises. I booked obstructed deluxe balcony cabins with the extra large balconies with the perks in case we got quarantined. We'll order margaritas while sitting on our balcony and stream our story.

I'm working off of FCCs so little money at risk and live in south Florida. 

With universal testing, constant cleaning, masks and social distancing, the ship will be the lowest risk spot in the world.  Now if you want to wander around Cozumel and have margaritas at Fat Tuesday you're probably out of luck.

• Thanks 1